Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Zimmerman trial

docyabut2

Yes if their is evidence

but there isn't. so deal with it. i have a feeling even if you saw a video clearly showing TM attacking, and confirming Z's story, you would still find problems with it,

all i know Z did state of FL a favor,, by taking another thug out.. TM attacked, and got what he deserved.

• Like 2

Yes if their is evidence of judge tampering or even jury tampering under Florida's law we can throw out his verdict. He was not in jeopardy thus double Jeopardy wouldn't apply

If there is evidence of problems with the judge, then I'd agree. But the only problem I saw with the Judge was that she kept trying to get GZ to convict himself by trying to trip him up with loaded questions.

• Like 1

You say "thankfully" after you've stated that "no one knows"? Interesting.

Yes, because I would always fault to the side of NOT imprisoning an individual when there is Doubt as to if that person did a crime or not.

Isn't that what our law has been based on for 200+ years?

• Like 3

Yes, because I would always fault to the side of NOT imprisoning an individual when there is Doubt as to if that person did a crime or not.

Without that people would still be lynched in the nearest tree by an angry mob...reminiscent of the KKK.

• Like 2

We've got another Juror who is coming out B29. She says he got away with murder but the law made her confused. Derp. She was one the ones that wanted to convict but was confused by the law and instructions that Judge Nelson gave. The things I am hearing about this jury is making me even angrier at the entire system.. She could've been the person that hanged the jury but noooooo she voted with the other women, so she could leave. This just proves,to me this was a fake ass trail or show trail. He was in no jeopardy thus we could in fact ask the appeals court to throw out this verdict and re try him under the feds. This whole thing was a farce even the police did a poor job at collecting evidence, but hey its Flori-duh they elected Rick Scot( convicted for Medicare fraud). The irony in that would be the fact Florida is were retirees goes too spend their last days and some of them are on Medicare.............

Jury member b29 is of a minority decent and probebly was under a lot of pressure from her community hence her decision to make this statement. If her story rings true it seems she can`t handle pressure or just has a pack mentality and goes with the flow.

Why a fake trial to protect a hispanic that killed a black person. For what reason.

• Like 2

Jury member b29 is of a minority decent and probebly was under a lot of pressure from her community hence her decision to make this statement. If her story rings true it seems she can`t handle pressure or just has a pack mentality and goes with the flow.

Why a fake trial to protect a hispanic that killed a black person. For what reason.

She is Hispanic also, because it would please the public. The fact his daddy is a magistrate but hey don't let facts get in the way. He's a White Hispanic dude plain as day just because he's half Peruvian don't mean crap.........

I think it is much more probable that the trial was stacked to put George away and please the masses.

• Like 3

They key word here is wanted. She wanted. That's emotion. She realized that and came to her senses.

The key statement is the last sentence.

She's an angry minority who was talked into using her brain instead of her emotions. Her saying George got away with murder is her emotions speaking and holds as much weight as you saying it. It's no smoking gun.

It's illogical for a juror to believe a defendant is guilty, but that it wasn't proven.

I beg your pardon, I misunderstood your post/position; I thought your position was that even though you didn't know what happened, you're thankful guilt wasn't proven.

Sorry. :blush:

• Like 1

It's illogical for a juror to believe a defendant is guilty, but that it wasn't proven.

I still don't understand how this is not a logical conlusion to make. Since it felt like the prosceuters were trying to loose this case. It was easily win able case. This is, why I say its a show trail.

She is Hispanic also, because it would please the public. The fact his daddy is a magistrate but hey don't let facts get in the way. He's a White Hispanic dude plain as day just because he's half Peruvian don't mean crap.........

What the hell is a white hispanic? Is Obama a white black?

• Like 4

Yeah, exactly! If George Zimmerman is white, then so is Obama.

• Like 1

Obama is of mixed descent.

Hispanic is not a "race". People from spain are "whites".

Latino is not a "race", either. It's a regional description. They can be black, white, indio, or any kind of mixture.

Edit: Zimmerman is a German last name, btw. It means 'carpenter'.

Edited by FLOMBIE
  • Like 2

On just about all official forms in the US that refrerence race there is a specified difference between "Hispanic (black)" and "Hispanic (white)".

I found this....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Hispanic_and_Latino_Americans

Hispanicity, which is independent of race, is the only ethnic category, as opposed to racial category, which is officially collated by the U.S. Census Bureau. The distinction made by government agencies for those within the population of any official race category, including "African American", is between those who report Hispanic backgrounds and all others who do not.

So apparently "hispanic decent" is the Only ethnic group that the US government tracks.

• Like 1

I

Not sure this is true. There are masses of people who believe George is guilty or innocent without either being proven. There are people in this here thread who have said such things as - I think he is guilty of murder, but they couldn't prove it in the trial so the correct desicion was made.

• Like 1

Some people are simply going to refuse to see Trayvon for what he was. a thug and a criminal.

Facts are simple. you can lay the evidence out on the table for everyone to see and some will still ignore them.

You just cant fix stupid.

and that is exactly what trying to discuss the facts with the pro-Trayvon crowd is. trying to fix stupid.

• Like 3

I still don't understand how this is not a logical conlusion to make. Since it felt like the prosceuters were trying to loose this case. It was easily win able case. This is, why I say its a show trail.

it felt like they were trying to "lose" the case because they had ZERO evidence.

Ever consider that? or is that too much for your mind to comprehend?

Trayvon was the master of his own destiny and he made the choice to double back and confront Zimmerman. he could have continued home, he could have called 911 and kept walking, he could have done a lot of things but he chose violence.

He got what he deserved. period.

• Like 3

it felt like they were trying to "lose" the case because they had ZERO evidence.

Ever consider that? or is that too much for your mind to comprehend?

Trayvon was the master of his own destiny and he made the choice to double back and confront Zimmerman. he could have continued home, he could have called 911 and kept walking, he could have done a lot of things but he chose violence.

He got what he deserved. period.

I'm not sure he got what he deserved. Beating someone up doesn't equal death (I know, I know. There is a play on words there). However, if Trayvon did indeep double back and initiate the fight and was pounding on Gearge, the situation is his to own.

• Like 3

I'm not sure he got what he deserved. Beating someone up doesn't equal death (I know, I know. There is a play on words there). However, if Trayvon did indeep double back and initiate the fight and was pounding on Gearge, the situation is his to own.

in a civil society one does not use his fist to get answers.

Once he started banging his head into the sidewalk, all bets were off.

Pictures dont lie and witnesses said they saw it happen. Had trayvon not confronted Zimmerman he would be alive today.

• Like 2

Has anyone seen this:

Link: http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2012/05/24/update-26-part-2-trayvon-martin-shooting-a-year-of-drug-use-culminates-in-predictable-violence/

Guess what Watermelon Tea, Skittles, and cough syrup make?

Explains the aggressive behavior of Martin.....

• Like 5

Anyone ever read up on the Roederick scott case from 2009?

Ever even hear about it?

Black man on neighborhood watch patrol pumps two shots into the chest of a 17 year old white kid for breaking into a car.

No witnesses to prove his case that the kid came at him and not a single finger was laid on him.

Same basic premise except when Scott was found Not Guilty no one rioted, The POTUS didn't speak out, the DOJ didn't demand a federal investigation.

Yet in this case people feel Zimmerman should be charged with murder even with the substantial evidence showing he was being beaten.

How about Roederick Scott? He got off on a self defense claim and he was never touched.

Two cases virtually identical yet one gets national attention all the way to the top.

How do you explain that?

I can give you a hint.

Its called Racism. Like it or not, Blacks can be racists and its shining through right now.

Detroit is bankrupt yet they can find time to draft legislation demanding a federal investigation into civil rights violations for this incident in Florida. are you kidding me?

I love my country but i am so completely ashamed of our leadership and the people who actually voted for them.

We are an embarrassment and the rest of the world is laughing at us.

Has anyone seen this:

Link: http://theconservati...table-violence/

Guess what Watermelon Tea, Skittles, and cough syrup make?

Explains the aggressive behavior of Martin.....

What part of "Facts will not be tolerated" dont you understand?

• Like 5

Anyone ever read up on the Roederick scott case from 2009?

Ever even hear about it?

Black man on neighborhood watch patrol pumps two shots into the chest of a 17 year old white kid for breaking into a car.

No witnesses to prove his case that the kid came at him and not a single finger was laid on him.

Same basic premise except when Scott was found Not Guilty no one rioted, The POTUS didn't speak out, the DOJ didn't demand a federal investigation.

Yet in this case people feel Zimmerman should be charged with murder even with the substantial evidence showing he was being beaten.

How about Roederick Scott? He got off on a self defense claim and he was never touched.

Two cases virtually identical yet one gets national attention all the way to the top.

How do you explain that?

I can give you a hint.

Its called Racism. Like it or not, Blacks can be racists and its shining through right now.

Detroit is bankrupt yet they can find time to draft legislation demanding a federal investigation into civil rights violations for this incident in Florida. are you kidding me?

I love my country but i am so completely ashamed of our leadership and the people who actually voted for them.

We are an embarrassment and the rest of the world is laughing at us.

What part of "Facts will not be tolerated" dont you understand?

Wow, I'd never heard of this case before. I did some reading and you are pretty much spot on. Almost the same case with the victim being a white boy. The 17 year old even had pot in his system as did Trayvon.

Here's a little I copied from Snopes.

Did you notice during the George Zimmerman trial how the media kept repeating the salacious question “What if Trayvon Martin had been white?” They acted as if this question was the perfect response to Zimmerman defenders. They pretended that this was a question without a “safe” answer, but in reality, the question had already been answered.

In April of 2009 Mr. Roderick Scott awoke at 3am to the sounds of three young men breaking into cars on his street. He called the police and went down to the street to make sure the young men did not flee before the police arrived. He shouted at the three to “freeze” and told them that the police were coming soon. The three boys stood before the big man obviously considering what they should do.

That’s when Christopher Cervini (17) rushed at Mr. Scott uttering “I’ll get you” or “I’ll get him.” Roderick Scott fired twice, killing the teenager. The trial that followed was again a case of prosecutorial overreach, as they tried to charge Mr. Scott with manslaughter. Fortunately for Mr. Scott, a jury of his peers agreed with him that he did only what was needed to protect himself.

Afterwards the prosecutor opined, “I just hope it’s not a message to this community… that you have the right to shoot an unarmed 17-year-old kid for breaking into a car.” The problem is that Mr. Scott did not shoot young Christopher Cervini for breaking into his car, but for attacking him. While the Cervini family may now be in much pain over the loss of their son, he brought himself to his tragic end through a series of terrible choices. Roderick Scott had every right to protect himself; he did what he should have… and a jury of his peers agreed.

Oh, and Roderick Scott was a 42 year old black man about the size of an NFL linebacker. Christopher Cervini was a skinny, 17 year old white kid with a little bit of marijuana in his system. Scott was justified in the killing of the younger man not because of the crime that Cervini had committed, but because Scott rightfully feared for his own safety.

There was no “white uproar” over the shooting of a young white man at the hands of a black man with a “hero-complex.” The NAACP didn’t show up to argue that the shooter should be jailed, or that the Justice Department should pursue charges of civil rights violations against the man for killing Cervini. Jesse Jackson, Al Shartpon, and all of the other race hate baiters stayed home for the trial. The trial was treated as a tragic situation that a young man brought on himself by turning to violence.

Which is exactly how the George Zimmerman case should have been treated. The next time someone tells you, “What if…?” You can tell them it already happened, and the outcome was exactly the same… minus the racial tension.

• Like 3

Not sure this is true. There are masses of people who believe George is guilty or innocent without either being proven. There are people in this here thread who have said such things as - I think he is guilty of murder, but they couldn't prove it in the trial so the correct desicion was made.

It simply doesn't make sense, Myles. If a juror sat through a trial and came out believing/thinking that the defendant is guilty, then it was proven because if it weren't proven, they wouldn't believe/think that way.

• Like 1

It simply doesn't make sense, Myles. If a juror sat through a trial and came out believing/thinking that the defendant is guilty, then it was proven because if it weren't proven, they wouldn't believe/think that way.

Even if she did cave to pressure, it wouldn't have made any difference. It would have been a hung jury and Zimmerman would have walked. Five other people heard the same evidence she did and came up to the same conclusion.

I think she is looking for a book deal.

• Like 3