Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2013 Atlantic Hurricane Season imagery

Raptor Witness

Interesting subject down in the southern Caribbean ...

Perfect timing if this continues.

Perhaps Ma Nature has chosen the fat lady to sing like last year?

9990408335_cc19c8402c_o.gif

If they wait another 12 hours, this thing will pop out an eye before they even think to call it a TD.

10063860794_484b6d04b2_o.gif

Now its a tropical Storm. Took them forever to say it. Doubt its going to amount to much.

Mike

If the wind shear drops, as expected, then anything is possible in this location, which amounts to a giant tub of rarefied gasoline.

The gulf this time of year really doesn't have the best conditions to support intensification. The southern shear is pretty high. Less convection this morning. Once it hops over the shear to the northwest it could intensify a little. I doubt much though. I do think it will come on shore a little more west than is predicted.

Mike

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

There's about a month to go....

The 2013 Atlantic hurricane season looks set to go down as a big washout, marking the first time in 45 years that the strongest storm to form was just a minor Category 1 hurricane.

You are right, and I am thankful for it. I find weather fascinating, hurricanes in particular, but I would just as soon not have to endure anymore.

Mike