Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Glowing Orb

Sfg192

Hello, so im a 21 year old college student from Texas, I find myself very skeptical about a lot of the stories and info on here but none the less I joined this website to simply share my story. Last summer around 11pm, I was sitting outside in my backyard with my best friends sister, also a good friend of mine, as we talked about school and so on I sat relaxed looking out over my pool when suddenly from over my neighbors fence line came a a bright ball of light moving fairly quick. It glided over my pool causing its light the reflect even brighter and darted straight into the tree 5 yards to my left. I can picture this 30 seconds of my life perfectly and have gone over it in my head millions of times as it still do this day gives me goose bumps. As the strangle ball of light ran into the tree and disappeared I immediately turned to my friend and could tell by the draw dropping look on her face she had witnessed it also. It made me feel more uncomfortable than anything I have ever experienced and couldn't stop discussing it. To this day Im still grateful that someone else was there to witness this account with me as It makes me feel much more sane. I often find myself wondering what that ball of light was and what it was doing in my backyard? As a biology major and a strong believer in science I have never been one to believe in ghosts but what could it possibly have been? Regardless of the possibilities, that brief moment has shook my belief system and thoughts up still to this day. Also as a side note, I have grown up camping around Texas and Colorado and know what a firefly/lightning bugs look like as well as other light up bugs. This was moving to fast and was far to bright to be a insect and although it was almost completely white it had a faint blue coloring to it.

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing your interesting experience. No one can say what you saw but in my view, some orbs might be a form of nature spirit. Small orbs that appear to dance often could be. From what you described, this seems like that type of spirit but I can't 100% say as I didn't share that.

What colour was this glowing orb?

• Like 1

Was there any recent thunder storms? Ball lightning is a possibility.

Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's an orb while taking pictures of the "Super Moon" in June 2013. This was more towards the morning time. The next pic posted was an earlier pic taken when sky cloudy.

post-126944-0-07568100-1372194579_thumb.

Edited by NiteMarcher

Here's another pic taken on the night of the "Super Moon" - This was taken at an earlier time..starting from about 3 am. Orb is seen below the moon. Pic is darker because it was cloudy at the time. Orb is below the moon instead of on the top as in the former posted pic.

post-126944-0-32304900-1372195104_thumb.

Here's another pic taken on the night of the "Super Moon" - This was taken at an earlier time..starting from about 3 am. Orb is seen below the moon. Pic is darker because it was cloudy at the time. Orb is below the moon instead of on the top as in the former posted pic.

Overexposed images with simple internal lens reflections

• Like 1

Hello, so im a 21 year old college student from Texas, I find myself very skeptical about a lot of the stories and info on here but none the less I joined this website to simply share my story. Last summer around 11pm, I was sitting outside in my backyard with my best friends sister, also a good friend of mine, as we talked about school and so on I sat relaxed looking out over my pool when suddenly from over my neighbors fence line came a a bright ball of light moving fairly quick. It glided over my pool causing its light the reflect even brighter and darted straight into the tree 5 yards to my left. I can picture this 30 seconds of my life perfectly and have gone over it in my head millions of times as it still do this day gives me goose bumps. As the strangle ball of light ran into the tree and disappeared I immediately turned to my friend and could tell by the draw dropping look on her face she had witnessed it also. It made me feel more uncomfortable than anything I have ever experienced and couldn't stop discussing it. To this day Im still grateful that someone else was there to witness this account with me as It makes me feel much more sane. I often find myself wondering what that ball of light was and what it was doing in my backyard? As a biology major and a strong believer in science I have never been one to believe in ghosts but what could it possibly have been? Regardless of the possibilities, that brief moment has shook my belief system and thoughts up still to this day. Also as a side note, I have grown up camping around Texas and Colorado and know what a firefly/lightning bugs look like as well as other light up bugs. This was moving to fast and was far to bright to be a insect and although it was almost completely white it had a faint blue coloring to it.

See this thread here Floating metal ball on top of baby's crib and this one Video Footage Of Fairies In Lady's House

This is the one you need to see:

Edited by RingFenceTheCity

Well dont be too shaken up, it could be an elemetal or other positive spiritual being seeing as it was bright. Negative beings are prone to being darker, intresting story nonetheless

[/quote

Overexposed images with simple internal lens reflections

I'm using a digital camera and have the setting on automatic. I take pics because I enjoy doing so. Can you explain how image became overexposed with these internal lens reflections, so that I can understand how to correct this problem. Thank you

Edited by NiteMarcher

Well dont be too shaken up, it could be an elemetal or other positive spiritual being seeing as it was bright. Negative beings are prone to being darker, intresting story nonetheless

What the hell :angry: A "positive spiritual being" :wacko: You cant be serious!!??

That looks like a camera artifact to me.

You need a reality check, dude..... Pronto.