Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why do people get so mad when questioned ?

Sakari

LOL Sakari is a bit snotty at times in what he states and askes for. I think because he and I think that with out proof or evidience the cycle repeates itself. Many topics here have been discused 20 times over. I think he might need to move on to subjects that are new to him. If people want to believe in this stuff so be it.

Sakari your just baiting as you know as do many of us

second page in, things are sure to shred soon... So just chill...

i'm glad it wasn't just me who spotted the irony of getting mad on a page entitled 'why do people get mad' rashore!

:-)

• Like 2

I have taken the freedom of bolding some quotes of your last two posts, but we both know you are smart enough to understand what you are doing. We both also know that you are doing this intentionally, and that it is not the first time.

1) Didn't you claim that demons do not exist and you have facts to prove such?

2) I will touch more of this a bit later.

3) Same as above.

4) While it is true that people may get offended seemingly for no reason, it is quite uncommon. For every example you can demonstrate of this occurring I will demonstrate 3 of them actually being disrespected.

5) The same as 4 applies, most people do not get offended by disbelief but by disrespect towards their beliefs.

6) Same as number one.

7) See numbers two and three? Where you said people accuse of you being condescending or mocking them and no quotes of such can be demonstrated? Here is your demonstration, this is not your first sneaky wordplay shot at me either.

Note: Nobody said it was just you, it is many people who have adapted this whole mentality of "Someone posted their experience, it's time to go mock them".

I am having a hard time trying to see what any of this has to do with the topic?

I also see you seem to be reading into things as I mentioned people do.

You are trying to make what you want out of my wording, interesting.

Sometimes I feel I need to put a disclaimer under some of my posts for some. This is what I am talking about.

It appears you are getting upset over a topic about why do people get upset.

One reason I know of, sorry, I feel is true. It depends whom the person is leaving the reply.

I assure you I am not being condescending towards you, I am just having a discussion. You can take that however you would like. That is all I can really do at this point.

• Like 2

LOL Sakari is a bit snotty at times in what he states and askes for. I think because he and I think that with out proof or evidience the cycle repeates itself. Many topics here have been discused 20 times over. I think he might need to move on to subjects that are new to him. If people want to believe in this stuff so be it.

[media=]

[/media]

Sakari your just baiting as you know as do many of us

No, I am just curious as to what answers I would get....:)

They probably feel their beliefs and judgement is being questioned.

• Like 1

I want to complain about these people, too. In some of my discussions, my adversary, I mean who I'm discussing or debating with will choose to reply to my easiest point to contend with. Parts of my replies that they might have difficulty challenging they ignore. And some are so smug. They dismiss my posts as though my point of view is so obviously incorrect as to be inconsequential.

I can understand someone getting offended when a poster tries to make that person look foolish, so I think it cuts both ways. A type A person takes offense when his/her opinion is challenged, a type B person takes offense when he/she feels mocked, so he/she retaliates.

I'm not sure if all of the aforementioned was your quote, SMK. But, as to the first part, you said, "...who I'm discussing or debating with will choose to reply to my easiest point to contend with. Parts of my replies that they might have difficulty challenging they ignore."

That's normal tactics, nothing odd there.

You also might of said; "A type A person takes offense when his/her opinion is challenged, a type B person takes offense when he/she feels mocked, so he/she retaliates."

Let's promote the 'Type C' person.

Those who cherish diversity of opinion. i.e.: They're not gullible and they don't like unanimity. :)

• Like 2

No, I am just curious as to what answers I would get....:)

For many I think they get caught up in that they might have found something new and dive into it head first. Then later on discover hmmmm I think I may have been wrong. I am guilty of that many years ago as a new member. Oh the good old days lol UM has been a great teacher and that is no joke.

I liked your old avatar better my friend ;)

• Like 2

For many I think they get caught up in that they might have found something new and dive into it head first. Then later on discover hmmmm I think I may have been wrong. I am guilty of that many years ago as a new member. Oh the good old days lol UM has been a great teacher and that is no joke.

I liked your old avatar better my friend ;)

I will switch it back :)

And, I have learned a lot here also, still do....

• Like 1

We tend to discuss topics that we wouldn't normally discuss with people we don't know very well. It's difficult to disagree and express your beliefs without causing offence.

If a Christian believes an atheist will burn in hell, or an atheist considers belief in god to be irrational; it's difficult to say this without it being offensive. Hackles up and the anonymity of the net means we tend to be more caustic in reply than we would be face to face.

Anyway. Have to go and defrost my dinner in the popty ping.

• Like 5

We tend to discuss topics that we wouldn't normally discuss with people we don't know very well. It's difficult to disagree and express your beliefs without causing offence.

that's why I tend to use humour a lot in my posts arbenol, it's easier than being nasty, and most (not all, sadly) tend to get the joke.

isn't it a brilliant word!

when you hear a welsh-speaker say it, it's almost beautiful, it sounds like they're singing it! it literally means 'oven that pings', but it's almost onamatapeic if you ask me!

• Like 3

If a Christian believes an atheist will burn in hell, or an atheist considers belief in god to be irrational; it's difficult to say this without it being offensive. Hackles up and the anonymity of the net means we tend to be more caustic in reply than we would be face to face.

'Popty ping' is kiwi for 'microwave'? If so, I learned something new today. This day is not lost.

P.S.; Anyway, everything you said before that, I agree!

• Like 2

'Popty ping' is kiwi for 'microwave'? If so, I learned something new today. This day is not lost.

P.S.; Anyway, everything you said before that, I agree!

I'll have to refer you back to Shrooma's post for the explanation of that word.

One of the reasons I keep coming back to these boards is they're a constant source of interest and there's usually something here to give you a good laugh. And you even get a bit of education from time to time.

Sometimes you get all three in one post. Nice one, Shroom.

• Like 4

it's welsh LG!

(i know it doesn't look like it- too many vowels & not enough Y's or double L's, but honestly it is!)

• Like 2

I am using popty ping for now on.

• Like 5

it's welsh LG!

(i know it doesn't look like it- too many vowels & not enough Y's or double L's, but honestly it is!)

U'R'A' quintessential S'O'B', Shroom. Glad that we conversed tonite.

'Yaki da', they spell it, "Iechyd da". Trutyh bwe toldth, Newer asketh a welchmann too spell.

• Like 2

You are trying to make what you want out of my wording, interesting.

I assure you I am not being condescending towards you, I am just having a discussion. You can take that however you would like. That is all I can really do at this point.

I have people take something from me, say " Demons do not exist " and exagerate that to " the paranormal does not exist "........

Pretty broad jump there :)

The Paranormal is it Fake?

Calling all skeptics for proof that it doesn't exist. By xFelix

First of all, even if people claim to know how to do this, they will not do it to show it is true. Even if they say they will, they back out for a number of excuses.There are numerous people here, and hundreds on the internet that claim they can summon these things, or get rid of them. Not one has done anything except take advantage of people, and/or take money from guillible people. I think some of them may actually believe they can do what they say, but not one person has proven anything to anyone. Just words, and cold readings...Maybe some " seeding " of peoples fears also.

Sometimes it is just for attention also, if not most of the time....

I am glad we are able to have open discussions here, there have been cases where people were helped, by " skeptics " advice......

Even had frauds exposed........ :tu:

You didn't think people would just summon anything without a possibility to send it back did you?

You really want to go there?

I can answer that, and so can you.

You're right, people wouldn't have the common sense to care lol

I was refering to when people say they can do things like this, say they will do it, then back out for whatever excuse is convenient.

I would love to see these things be true, and I would love even more to see the people that claim they can do things such as summon them, or make them leave, back up what they claim.

If there is no sense of trust or respect between two parties in the first place then it can be deemed a very sensible course of action in any negotiable situation to not follow through or withdraw. That course of action doesn't always imply what you are trying to imply. Try and view it that way and perhaps you can accept that it couldn't work out for whatever reason and it is offensive to imply that there has to be a bad or shameful reason for it. Just let it go -

Now back to the topic because this thread is being derailed regardless who is trying to say what about it.

The ones who " say " it is in the head have proof, facts, and backed up facts from the Medical Profession.

The ones who say it is real have nothing but claims.

As I said, it is in ones head( mind ).....

Either you believe, or you do not. If you do not, you have no problems with it.

If you do, you open a door to being brain washed.

Now come on Sakari, you're just blatantly going to lie and say that there is "facts" and "proof" backing the idea that the paranormal does not exist?

We both know full-well that science only proves that there are some logical occurrences, but science and facts have not once proven that the paranormal is fake.

Oh by the way, your not having demons.. That is just your own personal experience, others may have different experiences.. But of course if they do, they're crazy right?

Felix,

Lets get back on topic and save this for either PM's, or on that other topic. I can keep asking you to quote me being condescending, and I can keep explaining in detail the vague things you are saying, and put them in black and white. Thus painting the picture that I am not doing what you claim using generalized terms..

It is ridiculous.

Because myself and many others do not share in some belief's, we get attacked for replying asking questions, and stating facts.....Not cool.

I will be around, and replying the same way I always have, so this needs to stop some where...

Anyway, back on topic....

So now that I have purposely quoted and bolded your jabs at me, where you are baiting my replies by mocking me as well as you being really rude and disrespectful to people with different beliefs while making yourself out to be the victim of some sort...

Second, I have no issues with anyone believing whatever they want, it is when they say their belief is fact, and have no evidence to support this. This is exactly what some do with their religions, they preach it as fact, and we all know how religion and politic discussions end up.

Is that not what you have been doing? Going around saying this is or that is wrong cause you have facts?

Care to say again how I am playing with your words? I am not quoting you? Are these not your words?

Oh and by the way, I touched on your demon talk because you touched on your demon talk(You know when you took a jab at me), then you ask how it's relevant to the topic... Real slick.

Edited by xFelix
  • Like 1

Ok, not directing this at anyone...

But hey, second page in, things are sure to shred soon... So just chill... Don't get mad folks. Don't provoke, don't get all arg...

Let's just nicely chat about why people get mad instead :)

ROAD TRIP, I got to go to Mobile Alabama, who wants to go. :rofl:

Some people just open the door and my smart ass self steps in. My father trained me well. I am sure there are people here if they got me in person they would lay me out. Thats ok, it has been done before. I just lay on the floor and giggle like a girl.

• Like 1

ROAD TRIP, I got to go to Mobile Alabama, who wants to go. :rofl:

Some people just open the door and my smart ass self steps in. My father trained me well. I am sure there are people here if they got me in person they would lay me out. Thats ok, it has been done before. I just lay on the floor and giggle like a girl.

humour.

beats anger every time.....

• Like 1

what's a 'type A mindset' J.K?

It's the type of personality that is considered highly motivated, driven, visionary, successful, administrative. The downside is that they can be highly impersonal and insensitive, and lack compassion.

• Like 1

Everyone knows there are nuts on here, after awhile , they are easy to identify.

They are the one's with the longest replies in

a topic they do not believe in. They are the ones that make personal attacks on someones character and intelligence because they choose too keep their feet firmly in the acceptable realms of there own perceptions, and never would accept anything from outside these boundaries.

And that UMers , is what makes this site fantastic,

especially for us fence sitters.It makes for good comedic relief in a disturbingly deteriorating world.

I do spend a lot more time reading and chortling than replying! But you are right, it makes for some great entertainment! I killed the cable in our household and only internet nowadays so this is my tv time...lol

• Like 4

I get mad or don't get made in pretty much direct proportion to how arrogant and rude the questioning may be. Another thing that fries me is when the questioner just keeps repeating the same assertions over and over without evidence and even when they are debunked.

However, my chances of posting a response go down pretty much in direct proportion to how angry I am.

• Like 3

One reason why offence is common place is because at some point there is a degeneration caused by the lack of respect for another's belief or view point to co exist. There is a great lack of comprehension that a persons experience and how they interpret it connects directly to the social programming and belief systems they hold. There is a great lack of comprehension, that, at the root of it, a raw experience is still there and was had, and while it may not be accurately interpreted by said person, that is their journey to come to terms with, that is their perceptions (no matter how limited or programmed) that are telling the story and relaying the experience and emotions, energy back.

If you know how to read people and their experiences, ie, the energy attached to what was at the core of the experience, instead of focusing on the way the persons faulty perceptions expressed the story, the experience will reveal it self in it's truer form, some people are interested in getting to that part and can do so without tearing down the whole way the person happens to relate to their experience.

You can often learn a lot about what could have been going on just by listening this way. But at best you are also only as good at interpreting things as far your social programming or lack of it goes, or the belief systems that control your perceptions. It's important to remember that for every account you attempt to interpret and judge against your fixed comprehension, you are doing so with the exact same faulty logic and programmed perceptions that shape how you see the world and universe. Of course that is going to be different to the next persons. We are all unique that way.

The lack of respect which develops and causes the offences, results from a lack of the comprehension to maturely suspend all beliefs, judgements and expectations when listening to another, and trying to understand their point view, from their perspective instead of trying to make them understand yours while insisting they must be wrong because there is no 'evidence'. If every person removed the self centredness of their ego from their perspective and approached things truly from a neutral position where they understood 'perception and it's flaws' in the first place, a lot of this would become more civil and insightful and less about right and wrong, more about just understanding consciousness and energy.

It is no one's business anyway to make another conform or change their perceptions to fit yours, no matter how ridiculous you think it is. When helping people you have to be able to cross barriers and learn their perceptions, learn their looking glass and filter of the world so you can help from a position that bridges the consciousness and experience together, rather than blow it up with an A BomB of egoic power - this is very much the shaman approach, each being learns their own inner dictionary aka perception filters and that is all one should be concerned about, then use it to learn and further your comprehension of others.

That is what every beings personal journey is in metaphysics, to learn for themselves. Perceptions in an open minded being, continuously evolve as the whole consciousness of the being experiences and learns and then integrates. There is no other way for this to occur---- and certainly not a internet forum. Nobody can do that for them, nobody can enforce it just because they see a different perception or lack of evidence, for you are dealing with the tiers of consciousness and realities outside of the physical 3d, which are not governed by the same laws and rules.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy
  • Like 4

The Buddha said, we are what we think. If you challenge my thoughts you are challenging me. When we identify our thoughts with our selves we're already in trouble, and we're going to lash out at others who disagree with us.

I think no one knows the answers to a lot of esoteric questions. When one considers oneself an exclusive repository of Truth, this attitude is a danger to that person as well as others.

• Like 3

When one considers oneself an exclusive repository of Truth, this attitude is a danger to that person as well as others.

the phrase 'hit the nail on the head' comes to mind Kid, good shot!

• Like 2