Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Yowie not to blame for stock losses

Commander CMG

DON'T blame the Mulgowie Yowie for stock losses.

That is the word from cryptozoologist and yowie expert Tim the Yowie Man. The QT was told by one landowner to investigate the legend of the Mulgowie Yowie after he lost several sheep in a recent attack.

But Tim the Yowie Man says yowies are not known for making flagrant attacks on stock.

"It is very unusual that a yowie would go to an area where there are stock and attack at random. All reports are that a yowie eats just what it needs to survive," he says.

"Most stock losses I would put down to wild dogs or cats."

Tim the Yowie Man said he saw a yowie in the wild in the Snowy Mountains in 1994.

"That is what prompted me to look into the yowie phenomena," he says.

"It was eight foot tall, long arms, no neck, covered in black fur and loping through the bush."

Tim the Yowie Man says Mulgowie is a noted "hot spot" for sightings of the elusive creature.

arrow3.gifView: Source

It's creeping along Wall Street at the moment in pursuit of a different kind of stocks.

arrow3.gifView: Source

Good call Tim the Yowie Man. Yep, it's the lizard-birds which like to suck the liquid out of cattle which the beast keeps alive just long enough to achieve it's goal.

How do people get convinced so easily?

"It was eight foot tall, long arms, no neck, covered in black fur and loping through the bush."

Really? That was all it took? That means biology is down the drain and an unknown elusive species exists? I mean, in the snow, no way it could be someone in a Jacket could it?

These guys are off the scale, according to most of them, I live in the middle of a Yowie hotspot. Stuff and nonsense.

• Like 3

I find it funny that the original stories of yowies have changed.

The original yowie/yahoo myth:

The natives of Australia ... believe in ... [the] Yahoo ... This being they describe as resembling a man ... of nearly the same height, ... with long white hair hanging down from the head over the features ... the arms as extraordinarily long, furnished at the extremities with great talons, and the feet turned backwards, so that, on flying from man, the imprint of the foot appears as if the being had travelled in the opposite direction. Altogether, they describe it as a hideous monster of an unearthy character and ape-like appearance.[12]

Now because of people like Rex Gilroy the yowie story has gone from an Aboriginal story to a bigfoot type creature.

Or that a 9 foot hominid covered in long hair is at home in Australia where we have attained the highest temps on the planet at times. He knows something Meganthropus did not know that much seems certain LOL.

I will make a website.

I'll act like Abominable snowman is true, just like that.

I'll just pretend I know a lot about the Abominable Snowman.

I will say "DON'T Blame the Abominable Snowman for global warming! Blame Polar Bears!"

Now because of people like Rex Gilroy the yowie story has gone from an Aboriginal story to a bigfoot type creature.

Gee the Yowie must have thought he had walked into an oven when he crossed that land bridge from asia......

Also, I live around the corner from poor old Rex and he is a complete nutter (my opinion only)

Edited by Philt

Gee the Yowie must have thought he had walked into an oven when he crossed that land bridge from asia......

Also, I live around the corner from poor old Rex and he is a complete nutter (my opinion only)

Hi Philt,

Rex must be getting on now, no offense. Does he still do his monthly? I think they were meetings? I never went to one but always wondered what they would be like.

He also use to have a younger side kick Greg? that was around the time of the attack on the boy by a 'large black cat' one evening when he was taking the rubbish out. It made the news and stuff, showing his wounds etc.

'yowie expert' - lol! :w00t:

Expert on some baseless stories and no evidence. Cool.

I read it was like a combination of different native creatures.

Yes I think that;s right. Looking online there are many Aboriginal stories with similar features. But they all seemed to have backward feet, long white hair or can swim & fly. But now the Yowie story is usually considered to be a smaller version of bigfoot. Seems to me the story has been modernised.

• Like 1

'yowie expert' - lol! :w00t:

Expert on some baseless stories and no evidence. Cool.

Well, he made the term up and everything! :w00t:

Very possible. The Bunyip is the same I believe.