Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Kids who talk to 'invisible friends'

Still Waters

As soon as a child enters the world he begins to learn.

His wide, gazing eyes take in every tiny particle of life.

He sees the way the wind blows the leaves, the way the dog wags its tail and the way his mother moves her mouth to speak.

But what else does that baby see?

http://www.nj.com/in...05/post_15.html

• Like 2

I had an invisible horse. Was it a real ghost horse? Nope just my imagination.

It's this thing kids have. ;)

Edit: And some "adults".

Edited by Jeffertonturner
  • Like 1

The headline says 'MAY be sensitive to spirits' ............

The headline says 'MAY be sensitive to spirits' ............

Yes. It DOES.

Glad we solved that one. :)

I wonder if they can see other dimension also

• Like 1

Must be some effed up ghosts. I had an imaginary duck, my kjd had a talking dog.

• Like 2

Would it really matter if all adults think that it's just the child's imagination

It should say PARANORMAL experts say in the title.

More accurate.

• Like 1

I remember a really old man in a shed at the back of the house my parents rented when we first came to Australia, I remember visiting him all the time and being curious about all the lines in his face.

I mentioned it years later - asked mum and dad who the old man was that used to be in the shed at the back of the house. They didn't know what I was talking about.

Edit to add: I was four years old at that time, it is one of a handful of memories that I have from those years but it doesn't seem to fit - as an adult I am prepared to believe it was my imagination, I am still curious about it though.

Edited by libstaK

Would it really matter if all adults think that it's just the child's imagination

I guess not to adults, if adults dont want to believe. But to kids it would, because placebo has effect, and children are more vulnerable to have their perceptions of reality be directed through placebo. Of course this goes both ways, is why I wouldn't read mr. Lovecraft's stories to children. Fear makes you reject reality more easily, especially if you know the fear comes from something not so real. Just goes saying that we should above all encourage children to think on their own and learn to form their own views of the world

Children may be gullible, but they have a great power of belief too at their disposal. Unrestricted spirit compared to us, unoppressed.

There was a time when I had a imaginary friends. I had watched ''Caillou'' and there was an episode when he had made up a friend of his own so I thought why not try this it seems cool.

I know that lots of people associated imaginary friends and ghosts at once. It should not be so. Children have lots of imagination and often make up things by themselves to play. I agree that kids are more sensitive to some phenomena but we shouldn't be too quick to associate a paranormal activity with a child's imaginary world.

Edited by sam_comm

i find the fact when little babies start laughing and smiling starring at nothing but cieling or something .. that's funny and interesting

Children of a certain age (animals too) are most definitely more sensitive to the spirit world. The more rooted you become in the physical world, the more you unroot yourself away from the spiritual one. That's just the way life has been designed, so we can best complete our learning curves here with minimal influence from the spirit world. We wouldn't learn much (in the spiritual sense) if we knew why we were here. Just my belief of course.

My nephew has talked of the same "imaginary" friend that I used to have in the same house. I remember a thousand experiences with spirits before I even knew what one was, or even what death was for that matter, and I remember well enough to know it was not my imagination. As far as I was concerned, they were there and as real as my brother or any other member of my family.

Fixed it for you.

Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 1

i find the fact when little babies start laughing and smiling starring at nothing but cieling or something .. that's funny and interesting

Babies have thoughts and sometimes laugh about them just like they can have dreams and nightmares and be afraid. This has nothing to do with paranormal. Even us grown-up can suddenly think of something funny and laugh about it making fools of ourselves drawing suspicious glances of others!

Edited by sam_comm
  • Like 1

My friends daughter use to talk his dad her grandpa who passed away 15 years ago she never meet him.

But she to use to see him when she was small now she is 9 or 10 she don't see him now.

I think small kids see these people but when they get to a certain age it stops.

I have to ask him though just to be sure.

I remember once I read a bedtime story to my 7yr old son & the story was about a small girl who could heal people simply by touching them. It was a true story according to the book. I sat on the other side of the room to read the story because I had the flu. At the end of the story I told my son to touch me on the shoulder to see if he had the same powers that the girl had. He walked over & touched my shoulder & instantly...................I was completely cured! I couldn't believe it because I had caught the same flu in previous years & it always lasted a week or so & faded slowly. This was a real miracle cure & yet now that he's grown he has no interest in spiritual things.

Always wish that I could have had imaginary friends but never did. Do not disabuse those who do just because you think you know better.

Some children are also more gifted in many ways. Imagination itself is a gift. Of course they have more gifts and imagination that many adults who think they know it all. They might know many things except how to be happy in allowing others to live their lives with whatever beliefs they adopt that bring meaning to their lives.

Edited by The world needs you
  • Like 1

Babies have thoughts and sometimes laugh about them just like they can have dreams and nightmares and be afraid. This has nothing to do with paranormal. Even us grown-up can suddenly think of something funny and laugh about it making fools of ourselves drawing suspicious glances of others!

I think what Knight was saying is that babies could be reacting to an entity that no one else can see that's communicating with the baby.

I look forward to your proof to warrant your correction, sir.

Clapped his hands 3 times.

• Like 1

I remember once I read a bedtime story to my 7yr old son & the story was about a small girl who could heal people simply by touching them. It was a true story according to the book. I sat on the other side of the room to read the story because I had the flu. At the end of the story I told my son to touch me on the shoulder to see if he had the same powers that the girl had. He walked over & touched my shoulder & instantly...................I was completely cured! I couldn't believe it because I had caught the same flu in previous years & it always lasted a week or so & faded slowly. This was a real miracle cure & yet now that he's grown he has no interest in spiritual things.

I sincerely hope you are not serious.

• Like 1

I guess not to adults, if adults dont want to believe.

"Believing" is not, nor should it EVER, be synonymous with reality. Children need to learn the difference as soon as possible.

Fantasy is fun but should never should it be consideration for reality.

Children may be gullible, but they have a great power of belief too at their disposal.

Yes..children are, on the whole, very gullible and sadly adults abuse this by forcing them to 'believe' in stuff that has no basis in reality and will further punish them for eventually disbelieving.

No..I do not think children are any more receptive than anyone else. They are merely more prone to fantasy and delusions based on their ignorance of the world. Delusions in children should not really be catered to.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

It is true that kids can talk to spirits. There are many kids who have so-called imaginary friends. Although most of these friends are really imaginary, there are some cases where these are real ghosts. In such cases, the kid is able to give true accounts of how the imaginary friend died, the friend's identity, etc. There are some stunning cases of ghostly imaginary friends that I have compiled in my blog, see it here: http://allaboutoccult.blogspot.in/2013/06/can-childs-imaginary-friend-be-real.html

I never talked to spirits as a child while awake. Since my grandmother died when I was 7, I would have dreams that we would be sitting together talking. We would talk about all kinds of things. The dreams aren't as frequent now, but it's always in a calm place like a beach or a park. I know the topic is children talking to the dead. I've seen dying people talking to the dead. Maybe when we're just beginning our lives or towards the end we are more sensitive to it.

My new neighbor girl . (5 years old girl ) was playing in the garden and suddenly she said ! Look its grandmother and my little sis , they are flaoting in the sky ! We were like. OKAYYYY ... Later we asked around ! And we heard that the grandmother died years ago and her mother had a miscarriage ! So yes i believe children can see dead ppl ! And those imaginary friends are mostly ghost !

The scary part is her parents dont believe her !