Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Have you ever seen Advertising in dreams?

Professor T

Have you ever seen recognisible real world advertising in dreams?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever seen recognisible real world advertising in dreams?

Just wondering if anyone out there has ever seen or recognised real-world advertising in their dreams?

As in any advertising, name, picture, shop-front billboards, anything that you can place in the real world.

• Like 2

It's hilarious you started this thread, I just had a dream that involved mcdonalds earlier... but alot of the places I see are places I've never seen in RL.

• Like 2

It's hilarious you started this thread, I just had a dream that involved mcdonalds earlier... but alot of the places I see are places I've never seen in RL.

I love hilarity!

But did you see the golden arches? Or Ronald Mc Donald? Or did you just feel that you were at Mc Donald's?

I love hilarity!

But did you see the golden arches? Or Ronald Mc Donald? Or did you just feel that you were at Mc Donald's?

Oh no, I saw everything. I actually ate there and went through the drivethrough... and wendy's now that I think about it.

• Like 1

Prof ,are you dreaming about having a Whopper in a new Lexus while its being washed with the stretchy hose ? Are you

:lol:

• Like 2

Prof ,are you dreaming about having a Whopper in a new Lexus while its being washed with the stretchy hose ? Are you

If only!

More like driving trucks that damn near have minds of their own.. lol..

It occurred to me though, that I've never seen Advertising.. Not even on the wrappers of chocolate bars in nameless shops.. So I'm wondering now if it's the same with others.

Edited to add: Driving a Lamborghini would be nice.. :D

Edited by Professor T
  • Like 2

If only!

:lol:o

More like driving trucks that damn near have minds of their own.. lol..

It occurred to me though, that I've never seen Advertising.. Not even on the wrappers of chocolate bars in nameless shops.. So I'm wondering now if it's the same with others.

Edited to add: Driving a Lamborghini would be nice.. :D

I've had odd famous people in my dreams,but never adverts

• Like 1

Oh gese.... If I start seeing pop ups in my dreams or amazon local deals I'm just going to stop sleeping.

• Like 4

Yesterday I listened to that song Holding Out for a Hero so much I dreamed my hero came for me. He was hot too.lol

• Like 2

I'll need to think about this - i can't think of anything off the top of my head. So for now the answer is no. I have seen the "internet" and devices though in different dimensions and that is interesting, but no brand names.

• Like 1

I often dream I'm in a beautiful place -- a park or beach or farm or even residential neighborhood, but never has there been a billboard anywhere in sight. Of course, I'm dreaming.

• Like 1

I've had commercials in my dreams....

Especially if they have a catchy jingle.

• Like 1

My dream world once mixed with an episod of Ni Hao Kilan that was playing in the background. She was a judge and and one of my child hood dream monsters was on trial. It was being prosecuted for terrifying me when I was a kid. It grabbed me by the side once and the sensation was so real I can still feel it today.

I won my case and Ni Hai Kilan made it say it was sorry. ..... Not a commercial but definantly a melding with the television.

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 2

I've dreamt of real world.. Like drinking a soda or beer and it's a coke or miller or whatever. Or walking down a familiar city street and the signs are there. Or being in a mall or approaching a store and it has a real name. Not really names, but I have dreamt of real places, like particular theaters or schools and recognized them as that place.

• Like 1

I have a reoccuring dream about false moons in the sky.. some if them were planted by spongebob square pants and mickey mouse. Lol yes there was a spongebob moon in my dream lol

Edited by SpiritWriter
  • Like 3

Lol, a SpongeBob moon! That's classic.. :lol: am picturing it's square..

Well I've thought long and hard about it, and can't recall seeing advertising. In dreams I've driven car's, used computers, and wondered through city malls with no idea as to what I was driving, what make of computer, or what shops I've visited. I might be wrong, but I think seeing advertising in dreams must be pretty relatively rare, especially considering that nearly 70% of the poll responders say they don't..

None I could recall.

I wonder if the difficulty of reading in dreams might have something to do with it. Logo recognition must be off.

I've long ago started noticing the TV advertisements that seemed to be tapping into dreamlike Surrealist imagery.

Would be weird in reverse.

I'm glad my dreams haven't surrendered to conspicuous consumption.

• Like 1

I once had a dream of a mcdonalds advertisement(I believe.. may have been another burger chain). It was an advertising sign on a streetlamp, and I was interacting with it, oddly enough. I was eating fries out of the fry container as I was talking with my grandmother.

• Like 1

Only in a few dreams of real places like Times square or Vegas, wouldn't be that place if you didn't see the billboards and adds :)

We are all making the subliminal marketers very sad that they haven't succeeded in carrying over their commercials as dream pop ups LOL

• Like 3

Nice timing with this question it reminded me of a dream last night. But yeah I don't think I've seen advertising in dreams(not that I remember at least)but I did dream just last night that I was sitting in a McDonalds. I don't remember seeing the golden arches or anything but I just knew it was McDonalds(but maybe they were there I'm not sure). I was staring at the menu picking out a new burger called the Daiquiri. It had a chocolate bread bun filled with beef and pork with creamy sauces and lettuce. It looked pretty weird but I ordered it anyway to try it. Someone came in though with a gun, so I don't remember eating it.

I dream quite often I'm in the shops though but yeah I don't remember seeing brands. Just the night before I dreamt I was in the large shopping center, I was lucid and running around like an animal and practising my leaping. I also did that funny thing where I leap up onto the roof and stick upside down like a lizard. I ran along the ceiling like that(on all fours) hissing at people like a cat or something. I love doing that it freaks out dream characters.

Anyway yeah, cant say I remember seeing any brands while in the shops.

Edited by Kazahel
  • Like 1

None I could recall.

I wonder if the difficulty of reading in dreams might have something to do with it. Logo recognition must be off.

That might be true.. But I'm not to sure.. There's millions of theories out there about dreams and what they are and what they represent..

• Like 1

We are all making the subliminal marketers very sad that they haven't succeeded in carrying over their commercials as dream pop ups LOL

:D Good..

Down with the marketers!

Nice timing with this question it reminded me of a dream last night. But yeah I don't think I've seen advertising in dreams(not that I remember at least)but I did dream just last night that I was sitting in a McDonalds. I don't remember seeing the golden arches or anything but I just knew it was McDonalds(but maybe they were there I'm not sure). I was staring at the menu picking out a new burger called the Daiquiri. It had a chocolate bread bun filled with beef and pork with creamy sauces and lettuce. It looked pretty weird but I ordered it anyway to try it. Someone came in though with a gun, so I don't remember eating it.

Anyway yeah, cant say I remember seeing any brands while in the shops.

I take it you don't watch many cooking shows.

Oh gese.... If I start seeing pop ups in my dreams or amazon local deals I'm just going to stop sleeping.

Let the nightmares begin..

http://dreamhelmet.w...eams-a-reality/

Leave it to Google to finally make advertising in dreams (as shown in the Futurama clip) a reality. According to Digital Journal, Google has created a technology (called the DreamAd) that allows advertising to appear during your REM sleep as a footer overlay to your dream. By using a cheap magnetic resonance scanning and mind-reading techniques developed at Stanford University advertising in our dreams is possible with the use of a light-weight helmet. There will be beta testing beginning in San Francisco, Ca on an undisclosed date.

Ok, the article is a fake... Whew........... :unsure2: But it goes to show that advertising in dreams is in the Pipe-Dream stage of development, as was air-travel roughly 100 years ago..

Edited by Professor T