Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What do you make of this video?

RockabyeBillie

yes, there is a kind of shadow that goes out of the Door, helpfully pointed out by "In case you missed it".

So can we assume it was a Poltergeist kind of ghost, or was it just disturbed in the middle of having a shower?

• Like 1

The 'shadow' seems to have passed at the same time the 'investigator' was walking around shining his flashlight out towards the camera.

I don't see anything paranormal at all. Just a reflection.

Also..the video is ten years old, plenty of time to do some quick and dirty editing.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SE8WiT_sUNM[/media]

Anyone seen this before? What's your opinion?

Definitely weird. Would like to have seen the footage of the state of the room, or pics at least. Would give more credence to the video and story. Did anyone else notice how the lights flickered after the apparition left the room? Weird....

• Like 1

Definitely weird. Would like to have seen the footage of the state of the room, or pics at least. Would give more credence to the video and story. Did anyone else notice how the lights flickered after the apparition left the room? Weird....

yes, if it had been left in the kind of state that they were talking about, you might think that they might have taken a few pictures of the room to illustrate, mightn't you.

* It's described in the viedo as a WINGATE HOTEL in Illinois, which is as vague as these things always are, isn't it. If they'd been more specific it might have been possible to find out if there'd been any other reports of anything happening, or whether anything else had happened.

Edited by Colonel Rhuairidh

Yeah, I'm sorry but....

I feel it's all staged or edited.

1. Voice, They are using walkie talkies, John speaks into it yet we don't "hear" john, only the commentary. The only think makes this "creepy" is the commentary and it doesn't exactly match what is going on.

2. Why can't john turn the lights on, he doesn't even bother flicking the switch on.

3. If the shower was turned on, it would make a lot of steam, When John enters the room, I wouldn't be surpised that his flash light was the cause of the "ghost" that is moving in the hall way.

4. The carpet at the entrence looks fine.

Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 2

Yes I noticed the lights flickering, weird. Would of been nice if we could of seen the inside of the room. Wonder if someone died in that room.
  • Like 1

Yeah, I'm sorry but....

1. Voice, They are using walkie talkies, John speaks into it yet we don't "hear" john, only the commentary. The only think makes this "creepy" is the commentary and it doesn't exactly match what is going on.

2. Why can't john turn the lights on, he doesn't even bother flicking the switch on.

3. If the shower was turned on, it would make a lot of steam, When John enters the room, I wouldn't be surpised that his flash light was the cause of the "ghost" that is moving in the hall way.

agreed. Add in the fact that he doesnt go into teh bathroom to turn shower off, and then leaves whilst leaving door wide open. Also there could be something fishy with the cameras...the main camera is number 13 and it flicks to the next camera as number 7....there cannot possibly be 6 cameras in between these two so why the strange numbering? they usually follow a sequence, so I would have expected the other view to be number 10 or 11 or possibly 14 or 15...not 7.

granted not definitve but certainly more questions than a wow. IMo

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm sorry but....

:tu:

I had many of the same problems. Especially the lights.

The ghost could have been running a cold shower. But why don't we hear the sound of the shower?

I also wondered if there was screaming that could be heard, wouldn't a room getting completely trashed also have made a lot of noise?

Any he left the door open and just walked away? Wouldn't he have at least shut the door, and probably stayed in the hall outside till the LEO showed up?

And a bit curious that he is in street clothes and not any sort of security uniform.

And yep, there should be pics out there somewhere of the interior if the LEO was called and there was that much damage. Of course that does not necessarily mean the general public would have access to them.

And just human nature- if there was that much ruckus going on, why isn't there a single guest out in the halls? People are curious.

I tried to backtrack the video, and only came up with one other poster, though he put up the same video several times, all with the comments disabled. Here's his "long version".

[media=]

[/media]

I went down his list.. it appears at one time this poster tried to do a kickstarter project for a paranormal film. Film makers always make me a bit leery of, um, accidental footage.

Edited by rashore
  • Like 2

There Is something wrong, walkie talkies are one way, we cant hear john at all yet we hear the screamong? And if people were complaining where are the looky loos

• Like 1

Did more research, His profile says it all, as stated by Rashore, he has started a paranormal video.

http://www.kickstart...t-at-the-asylum

Notice the guy on the left? Guess who THAT IS! John from the haunted hotel

not convinced? Watch this almost EXACT ghost appearance on this youtube below, by the same person who created the haunted hotel.

[media=]

[/media] Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 6

I saw the figure. His flashlight is to narrow of a light source to cause that. I say it could be staged.

Well I was sure THIS was the one.

I mean after the boxes falling video..man..almost had me.

I nearly saw a shadow person with read eyes, turns out it was just brake lights. The shadow was just that. A shadow.

• Like 1

Finally found and dug up two of my favorite links on subject ... let's keep the discussion going :

15 Scariest Ghost Videos on the Web

by Lee Bains on October 31, 2008 at 10:02 PM

link

This video was captured by the girl’s mother. She was video shooting her making up at her table. She was shocked when viewing back this video and immediately notified her husband. They subsequently went to meet one of the famous Ghost Hunter. This video was submitted for public review and according to the girl’s mother, while she was video shooting her daughter, nothing unusual on the LCD. However, they felt a little colder inside her room.

link

I still can't put together the debunks and the bunks ... maybe you guys can ....

~

This video has not been edited.

Apart from the fact that:

1) Multiple pieces of footage from different security cameras have been edited into the footage you are watching. It flicks from different angles on several occasions.

2) Audio from the security guard's walkie-talkie has been grafted onto the security camera footage you are watching.

3) Only one of the audio tracks was used. 'John' the security guard seen in the footage does not have any of his audio recording used, just some sort of central operator reporting on what John said.

Unedited video footage, my goddamn ass. This is clearly multiple pieces of audio and video spliced together and we don't know what has been used, what has been left out and what has been potentially edited. Or indeed, what has been outright faked and made up from scratch.

Utter crap.

• Like 2

I had taken a bus home from seeing "The Exorcist" and was walking out my dark street when a red, smokey, glowing shape rose out of the ground right in front of me. Terrifying. It was a car backing over a sewer grate. :P

• Like 2

Finally found and dug up two of my favorite links on subject ... let's keep the discussion going :

I still can't put together the debunks and the bunks ... maybe you guys can ....

~

We've had that second one with the little girl in the mirror on here before.

I don't have time to look at the other 15 right now, but they look familiar too. I'll search the threads up later. Gotta go to work. Yay.

• Like 1

First off, I have been in hotels all over this great country, and I have never had a room that didn't require a key or card to open the door. Next, I have never seen a hotel door stay open without something to block it open.

This leads me to believe that something supernatural was definitely at work here.

EDIT: I just watched it again, and I guess he did use a key to open it, but that doesn't explain how the door stayed open on it's own.

Edited by Pod99966

First off, I have been in hotels all over this great country, and I have never had a room that didn't require a key or card to open the door. Next, I have never seen a hotel door stay open without something to block it open.

This leads me to believe that something supernatural was definitely at work here.

EDIT: I just watched it again, and I guess he did use a key to open it, but that doesn't explain how the door stayed open on it's own.

really? or are you being sarcastic?

• Like 1

really? or are you being sarcastic?

I'm serious. You have to block a hotel door open, or something. They all have pneumatic cylinders to make them close. This one sat there wide open. Of course you add in the apparition and the flickering lights, and it all adds up.

I'm serious. You have to block a hotel door open, or something. They all have pneumatic cylinders to make them close. This one sat there wide open. Of course you add in the apparition and the flickering lights, and it all adds up.

so why did the door stay open even after the 'apparition' had left?

why did he not turn on the light?

why did he not turn off the shower?

why does the footage claim to be unedited yet clearly is, on many levels?

why does he leave the door open when he leaves?

it does add up as long as 1+2 = 7

I would hazard a guess that since the video appears to be staged that they took the time to disengage the door mechanism before they started filming.

I would hazard a guess that since the video appears to be staged that they took the time to disengage the door mechanism before they started filming.

yes but how did they make the lights flicker? :santa:

(sarcasm ...BTW)

I;

yes but how did they make the lights flicker? :santa:

(sarcasm ...BTW)

I'm no electrician but...

When Altering a lever that is located on the surface in the room and cause a room to go from dark to light. The electricity to the light sockets is cut two and the switch reinstates the circuit when the two wires are re-connected by a piece of metal. The electrons flow into the sockets, light the bulbs and flow back to their source somewhere on the other side of the meter.

When a circuit is completed, as when the wire goes directly to the socket without going through a switch, electricity flows freely and does its job. The problem is that in the moment (even in the fraction of a second) between "on" and "off" there is immense resistance that can burn the wires or short out the system. The standard toggle switch is not just a piece of plastic flipping a piece of metal between disconnected ("off") to connected ("on"). When the wires are separated, there is what's called "infinite resistance," and when they are connected completely, there is "zero resistance" or connectivity. In both infinite and zero stages, there are no power surges that can cause damage to the contact points. It is for this reason that, even in the simplest switches, there are springs mounted within to flip aggressively the contact mechanism so, like a mousetrap, the connection is made instantly at some point as your finger is flipping from "off" to "on". When breaking the connection (flipping the switch to "off"), there is a further complication in that the electrical load arcs and tends to worsen the corrosion of the contacts, which can quickly shorten the life of the switch. Most switches include a wiping mechanism in the on-off switch so the corrosion is wiped clean at every switching.

A larger understanding of the theories and qualities of electricity is needed to explain how different types of switches, like dimmers, work. You should know the voltage and amperage ratings and ranges of the switches, not to use more than one dimmer switch on a socket controlled from multiple locations, the difference between single and double-point switches and to turn off the electricity before you replace or work with the switches or receptacles. Having a basic understanding of how the electrons flow can demystify even the most advanced switch technology.

Or

Old Tom did it

• Like 1