Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

mysterious booming noises across Cornwall

Subsonicjourno

just gonna ask... what the fart is a lizard bird? :whistle:

My explanation for lights in the sky which move faster than normal aircraft etc. Lizards which have rib-extension wings and evolved pulse propulsion for swift flight and 90 degree cornering. Sounds stupid? I've just watched Channel 5 'Britain's Closest Encounters' and the bizarre case of PC Alan Godfrey in Todmorden in 1980. Watch that for more info.

The heart attacks of humans makes them especially unsuitable for lizard-birds. They need cattle which are less prone to shock leading to instant death. The gruesome reason is that the lizard-bird sucks out the liquids of the brain and blood from the bodies of their victims. The heart needs to be beating to facilitate the process. The mysterious green liquid found on the back of the neck around the open wound is the way the beast uses it's lance tongue to make the hole with a natural anti-coagulant. The liquid dissolves the bone and tissue and is the substance which the PC trod in to make the tear in his boot and the itchy red patch on the ball of his foot.

Edited by RingFenceTheCity

just gonna ask... what the fart is a lizard bird? :whistle:

See what you have done, he makes animals up and he thinks theres an owl that flies underwater going to the moon or something

Norfolk big bang mystery deepens as RAF denies it ‘dropped a boom’ (18th April 2013)

Laura Steward said: “I was stood in my garden in Dereham with husband and parents when we heard it. It sounded like really loud crack of thunder that made us jump, sounded like it came from the west of us, all the birds that had just gone to roost were startled by it! Have heard lots of aircraft since.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIFAzI8V4rQ

The strange booming noises heard over Manhattan skies as well. Just happened May 15, 2013. I have heard this several times in the last two years. It's not raining, nor were they thunderstorms. It is extraordinary loud, and powerful, somewhat rhythmic, and it's coming from the sky, but no rain or thunder.

Mysterious Boom Shakes Houses Across Tiverton, Little Compton, Westport (UK) (Mar 14 2013)

Residents across the three seaside communities reported hearing a loud boom that shook their entire houses last night.

Did close approach of asteroid with it's own moon have a Dark Matter element to it which reacted with the Earth's inner Dark Matter core when it was on the Earth's plane of rotation?

31st May:

The asteroid, which is called 1998 QE2, is due to pass by at a safe distance of around 3.6 million miles on Friday night – about 15 times the distance to our own Moon.

Although too faint to be seen with the naked eye, astronomers say the eagle eyed should be able to pick out the space rock with telescopes.

Scientists at Nasa have discovered the asteroid, which is named using a code according to when it was discovered rather than after the Queen or the ocean liner, is accompanied by a smaller moon.

The tiny satellite is just 2,000 feet wide and slowly orbits the asteroid, which is spinning itself once every four hours.

Nasa’s Near Earth Object Program, which monitors asteroids that could pose a threat to the planet, has been tracking 1998 QE2 and estimate that tonight will mark the closest the asteroid will come to Earth for the next 200 years.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Keoj-82-HJQ[/media]

In radar images, the satellite appears brighter than 1998 QE2 because it is rotating significantly more slowly, which compresses the radar return of the satellite along the Doppler axis.

N.B. The explanation for the difference in albedo's (brightnesses) of the asteroid and it's moon is questioned in the Wikipedia talkpage.

post-94765-0-27235200-1370550628_thumb.j

the norfolk one is odd, why all the extra aerial activity?

the norfolk one is odd, why all the extra aerial activity?

I suppose that the RAF can't take the risk of a "terrorist attack" and so launched a bunch of aircraft just in case. I imagine that ufo lights in the sky contributed to the decision. (Startled lizard-birds imv of course)
Heard it too. Probably 'merica coming to save the day! There was a lot of aircraft activity last night - having lived near an RAF bombing range up north for 18 years I'm used to aircraft flying overhead but even last night took the biscuit a little.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with atmospherics, only a few days after those noises were reported most of Cornwall got hit by a three hour long thunder storm that took everyone by surpise.

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with atmospherics, only a few days after those noises were reported most of Cornwall got hit by a three hour long thunder storm that took everyone by surpise.

It would be a recognised feature of thunderstorms worldwide by now though, wouldn't it?

take the blue or red pill?