Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Americans losing trust in administration

Kowalski

Poll: Americans losing trust in administration, but not Obama

The trio of scandals that have swirled around the White House in recent weeks have made Americans doubt the administration's honesty and integrity, but they have not affected President Barack Obama's job-approval rating, a new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll found.

Despite controversies involving the Internal Revenue Service, Department of Justice and State Department, Obama's job approval rating is holding at 48 percent—essentially unchanged from April.

According to the survey of 1,000 adults conducted May 30 to June 2, a combined 58 percent of respondents said they believe the State Department's handling of the Sept. 11, 2012, attack on a diplomatic outpost in Benghazi, Libya, "raises either major or minor doubts" about the Obama administration’s honesty and integrity.

The same percentage said the DOJ’s subpoena of Associated Press reporters’ phone records has left them doubting the administration. And 55 percent said the IRS’ targeting of conservative-sounding groups that applied for tax-exempt status raises similar concerns.

But Americans do not appear to be holding the president responsible for the scandals.

Taken from http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/poll-obama-scandals-irs-benghazi-131947729.html

:w00t:

Let me get this straight, there are 30 MILLION people in the US, and they poll 1,000 people and call that the majority of Americans?? LMAO

Let me get this straight, there are 30 MILLION people in the US, and they poll 1,000 people and call that the majority of Americans?? LMAO

Nupe, there's 319 million people in the USA, so yeah...that poll sure does represent a huge majority of Americans, doesn't it? lol

• Like 1

Nupe, there's 319 million people in the USA, so yeah...that poll sure does represent a huge majority of Americans, doesn't it? lol

You're right! My bad. :blush:

Edited by Kowalski

He lives a charmed existence. How lovely for the rest of us....

• Like 1

Until they lose trust in the system itself and stop falling for the two party tango, nothing will change for the better.

The government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations needs to perish from the earth.

• Like 2

Honestly, I think most of the presidents are pretty impervious these days. There have been so many scandals over the years that people are Ho Hum business as usual.

• Like 1

Its like that in the UK here too, that's why I don't like Surveys they are not that accurate and not done to a standard

• Like 1