Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama's Murder Victims Younger than Romney's

Harte

Obama appointee rolls out her own style of Obamacare "Death Panels."

U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius reiterated Tuesday that she won’t intervene in the “incredibly agonizing” case involving a 10-year-old Pennsylvania girl who is waiting for a lung transplant.

Medical experts should make those decisions, said Sebelius, who was grilled by Republicans at a Congressional hearing about the situation involving Sarah Murnaghan, who has end-stage cystic fibrosis.

SNIP

Rep. Tom Price, R-Ga., a former doctor, told Sebelius that it would only take her signature to allow Sarah greater access to the life-saving organs.

Sarah’s parents are challenging current policy that prevents children younger than 12 from receiving adult organ transplants until all adults and teens on the list have been offered the organs -- even if the children are sicker. Younger patients receive priority for pediatric organs matched for size and age, but there are far fewer children’s organs available.

link

Harte

Obama appointee rolls out her own style of Obamacare "Death Panels."

link

Harte

soo you are actually advocating that government be MORE involved in personal healthcare?!!! Not a very conservative or republican position. They might kick you out!

Newsflash-

The child's predicam,ent was created by government intrusion.

I thought only Republican Presidential candidates were guilty of murdering people through witholding health care.

Harte

• Like 2

I thought only Republican Presidential candidates were guilty of murdering people through witholding health care.

Harte

makes you wonder what else "you thought" didn't or wont turn up as you thought it would.

• Like 3

That's a really sad story.....

:no:

• Like 1

So if I read this correctly, she I still eligible for an adult organ, but only after the teens and adults on the list (who have a higher survival rate because of proper size matching) have gotten theirs. This article could easily have read as, " Obama's death panel lets 16yr old die to give lung to 10 year old."

It is a sad story, but the problem doesn't lie with partisan politics. It lies with a shortage of donors.

• Like 1

It's a sarcastic reference to Mitt Romney's "murder" of the wife of a former employee, a "fact" trumpeted by the Libs during the election.

Harte

No, she didn't bump anyone, besides you was talking about sixteen your olds. Besides one day later a boy followed her to that list. Who should be on the adult list or child list should be up to the doctor . Not some paper pusher in washington.

Edited by danielost

If you read the article, the way the current system works is as follows. Children and adults are on separate lists but whenever all the adults have their lungs then the children who have a lower survival rate because of the size difference can get an adult lung. By having lawyers put them on the adult list they are skipping all the other children who also need lungs but can't afford a lawyer to put them on the adult list. It's a crappy system with a 40% higher mortality rate than the first come first serve system, but instead of fixing the system these kids are bumping themselves ahead with media and lawyers. Everyone on the list is going to die without a transplant. Here is some more depressing news- 45% of lung transplant patients die before 5 years and only 30% make it to 10.

Who should be on the adult list or child list should be up to the doctor . Not some paper pusher in washington.

This system is designed by doctors and patients. Which is exactly why Sebelius was reluctant to intervene and overrule it.

American Society of Transplant Surgeons Statement on Lung Allocation Policy June 6, 2013

Recent media attention has drawn into question the current system that governs the manner in which deceased donor organs are distributed and allocated. The Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network (OPTN) is charged by the government to facilitate this activity. OPTN policy development is a deliberative, dynamic process that includes frequent and significant input through a public comment process and final approval by a representative board that includes clinicians, living organ donors, donor families, and recipients. The National Organ Transplantation Act (NOTA) established this process to ensure that both current medical science and patients’ perspectives are at the forefront.
ASTS and AST support OPTN policies that are based on the best available medical judgment, scientific evidence, and principles of equality, and a continuous refinement of OPTN policies to best serve patients done in an organized and deliberative fashion. We believe it would be unwise to change or otherwise obfuscate current policy without the deliberative approach mandated within NOTA.

In other words, Sebelius bending to political expediency wouldn't serve anyone well in the long run.

I take it you messed the line.the optn is charged by the government.. which means the government has the last word on it, and like anything else controled bythe government one size fits all.

I take it you messed the line.the optn is charged by the government.. which means the government has the last word on it,

No, that's not what it means. At all.

It ooks several of you are going to get your wish. She is dieing. She is on a resperater now.

I don't think anyone here was wishing for that child to die.

I don't think anyone here was wishing for that child to die.

No just stay on the child list instead having a chance at a lung.

Every single one of the children and adults waiting for a lung transplant has a name and people who love them. Four of them die every week. I care about them all, which is why I am against the idea of having the government or lawyers pick who gets to be or not to be one of those four.

I must say I am a bit disappointed in you Danie. I respect your compassion but you have a really bad habit of projecting negative traits on people who disagree with you on difficult topics, like this one or abortion for example. Not everyone who disagrees with you wants babies to die.

Every single one of the children and adults waiting for a lung transplant has a name and people who love them. Four of them die every week. I care about them all, which is why I am against the idea of having the government or lawyers pick who gets to be or not to be one of those four.

I must say I am a bit disappointed in you Danie. I respect your compassion but you have a really bad habit of projecting negative traits on people who disagree with you on difficult topics, like this one or abortion for example. Not everyone who disagrees with you wants babies to die.

I agree with you on gov. And lawers. It should be the doctors choose. Her doctor wanted her on theadult list. They put her on the child list because of the rules. Which the government decided to inforce. So you see the gov was already invoved

I agree with you on gov. And lawers. It should be the doctors choose. Her doctor wanted her on theadult list. They put her on the child list because of the rules. Which the government decided to inforce. So you see the gov was already invoved

You are still not reading it right!! The Gov do not get to have the final say on ANY transplant, it is entirely down to the EXPERT group of donors and doctors to decide on appropriateness of the procedures.

Get off of your high horse and just accept that you either mis-read or mis-understood.

Which the government decided to inforce.

No that's not what happened. The government decided NOT to get involved.

The lady working for the government said she wished she could have put the girl on the list and was happy the jugde ordered her to. Sounds like involvement to me.

Looks like OPTN decided not to put allow putting all the children on the adults list. They are going to make an appeals process to stop the lawsuits from happening.

"I think what they're trying to tell the judge is `We have a system. It's working. Let us decide, not you," said Dr. Arthur Caplan, a bioethicist at New York University Langone Medical Center.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/06/10/transplant-group-rejects-lung-rule-changes-but-creates-system-to-hear-such/?test=latestnews#ixzz2Vw16EmPH

Seems pretty cold to me but they did say:

The executive committee of the Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network held a teleconference to consider children who seek to qualify for adult lungs, and many members voiced serious ethical and medical concerns about a recent federal judge's ruling that questioned the existing system