Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama's Murder Victims Younger than Romney's

Harte

I take it you messed the line.the optn is charged by the government..

Yeah, HHS said to OPTN: "hey, come up with an evidence-based, scientific way of allocating the very limited number of organs that are available for transplant."

OPTN did this. The U.S. abides by it. You're the one that's demanding that the government (in the form of Kathleen Sebelius) step in and overturn that process. A dangerous precedent, no matter how sad any individual person's story is.

Edited by Startraveler

Girl to Get Lung Transplant From Adult Donor Amid Controversy

The 10-year-old girl whose family fought the so-called Under 12 Rule for the past several weeks will receive a lung transplant today from an adult donor, her aunt told ABC News.

Sarah Murnaghan, 10, of Newtown Square, Pa., was dying of cystic fibrosis when her family brought the Under 12 Rule, a little-known organ transplant policy, to national attention after arguing that the rule had been unfairly pushing Sarah to the bottom of the adult lung transplant waiting list. The family won a court order to put Sarah on equal footing with adults on the transplant list and prompted an Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network policy change.

"Sarah got THE CALL," her mother, Janet Murnaghan, wrote on her Facebook page. "She will be taken back to the OR in 30 minutes."

Family spokeswoman Tracy Simon told ABCNews.com that the surgery was expected to take several hours.

From: http://gma.yahoo.com/girl-lungs-transplant-controversy-160121103--abc-news-health.html

Hope the surgery goes well for her! :)

• Like 2

I find out something today. All of kids were put on the adult list. Thanks to this girl's parents who wouldn't give up and ddn't listen o the government.

They weren't. OPTN set up an appeals process to stop the lawsuits but still is keeping the old system.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/06/10/transplant-group-rejects-lung-rule-changes-but-creates-system-to-hear-such/?test=latestnews#ixzz2Vw2DGBMM

I have to ask. Are you reading about this or are you getting your information secondhand from someone else?

They weren't. OPTN set up an appeals process to stop the lawsuits but still is keeping the old system.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/06/10/transplant-group-rejects-lung-rule-changes-but-creates-system-to-hear-such/?test=latestnews#ixzz2Vw2DGBMM

I have to ask. Are you reading about this or are you getting your information secondhand from someone else?

Fox news braocast.

No, it appears that "the problem" is that Danielost misinterpreted what he heard.

Harte

No, it appears that "the problem" is that Danielost misinterpreted what he heard.

I'm convinced Fox presented it exactly how Danielost is arguing. It's what they do.

Maybe a local Fox affiliate. Fox's national stuff can be found online.

I don't see it, but I did find a couple of Fox Network stories relating exactly what Gromdor stated on the matter.

Harte