Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
eley

`ufology` today is a shambles

55 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Okay here is the deal, i used to be a big beleiver in the ufo phenomena, i used to watch all the project camelot stuff, and then the alex collier / george green / steven greer stuff, i would follow the crop circle phenomena and all the other things closely.

Heck, i even thought i was abducted when i used to constantly get marks on my legs and arms (turns out they were rashes from food allergies).

Now, the last few years nothing has happened ufo wise, all we get are the odd report of something over an airport, or a really crappy video of an `orb over a water` , i am so bored of the ufo `phenomena` absolutly nothing has happened.

I used to even be one of those conspiracy theorists who thought `oh the president obama probably knows everything and has been briefed on ufos, et intelligence` or that the royal family are all 20 foot tall lizards behind the scenes. But the more i sit down and think about things, the more i realise `erm no, they are just regular people like me and you`

All the things bob dean alex collier project camelot have said not one thing have come true, and the more i reflect on the last 5 years or so where i was obsessed with the ufo phenomena, the more i realise how ridiculous and gullible i was back then.

Now.. that is not to say i do not believe ufos/ ets have visited earth before. In fact i strongly suspect that the `gods` who created mankind were probably just advanced beings themselves (if the bible is true theres too many human like references.. `let us create man in our image` and the `sons of god mating with humans` - why would sons of god want sex, sounds a bit human like no?)

but with regards to the current ufo phenomena, and all these light workers and contactees and `youtube wonderful ufo videos`.. well lets just say the current state of ufology is a disgrace

Edited by eley
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

When you say "the current state of ufology is a disgrace", when you think about it it's your thinking and reasoning that has changed, which would mean it's always been a disgrace. Don't get me wrong, i'm not slating the subject, it's still one of my favorite subjects, but the credibility problem it suffers from, is the same credibility problem it has always suffered from - to many charlatans, and to many people who because they have an opinion that we have been visited then they will support any footage that comes to light, simply because it fits what they believe.

People always talk about the lack of credible evidence within the subject, I guess that is true to an extent, but it's not the real problem imo...evidence is just evidence, regardless of what it points to (or not) it just is what it is....the real problem is some of the people this subject seems to attract.

Edited by Sky Scanner
8 people like this

Posted (edited)

thanks for your reply

not to turn this into a billy meier discussion but this is an example

for all his thousands of pics and his `sound samples` and all that crap

why could he not have done one thing... ask the `aliens` to appear just once

and (not you literally) dont give me all that crap about not being on the right vibration or whatever,,, if they have a message that is so essential for mankind they will show up themselves and deliver it

or alex collier (and once again these are just examples), he has spent hundreds of hours in lectures talking about these beings and doesnt have a single picture or shred of evidence for it. if these beings have so much messags of love and evolution for us, surely they would understand that humanity will require some kind of physical proof first of all.

the reason why these kinds of people can not provide cutting proof is because there is none.

dont get me wrong, somebody being abducted (if that actually happens) i can understand not having a picture or video unless he was excpecting it.. but people who claim to be ongoing contactees with many many experiences there simply is no excuse for them not getting a photo or video, after all they always claim to be `the one` who the aliens chose with the message for mankind. surely these aliens if they are intelligent as they claim, will know that nobody will believe their message unless they physically show up or allow themselves to be filmed

sorry about the long winded reply to you but the point im making is the reason we never have anything more than a blurry orb photo is because these so called contactees are lying

Edited by eley

If it is a shambles...perhaps it has been made a shambles on purpose...to keep people off the right track...?

Besides the more nutty types getting off on this that and the other, that is.

You have to be careful about what you let in to your big-picture.

The internet (including forums) has become a virtual battle ground for information and disinformation, IMO.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

thanks for your reply

lol... eley...time for an edit me thinks.

You quoted yourself and thanked yourself instead of Sky Scanner... :P

EDIT.....that's better...(your edit)

Wouldn't want this thread to turn into a shambles now would we...

No need to thank me...my pleasure... :innocent:

Edited by bee
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

lol... eley...time for an edit me thinks.

You quoted yourself and thanked yourself instead of Sky Scanner... :P

done, thanks for pointing out

p.s i agree with your last point... i used to be so interested in the ufo phenomena but the hoaxers the b.s`rs and the fact that zero/zilch of interest has happened for several years has totally killed my interest in it

Edited by eley

done, thanks for pointing out

you're welcome

p.s i agree with your last point... i used to be so interested in the ufo phenomena but the hoaxers the b.s`rs and the fact that zero/zilch of interest has happened for several years has totally killed my interest in it

and you just thought you'd pop in to tell us all........well thanks for that then.....and goodbye :st

If it is a shambles...perhaps it has been made a shambles on purpose...to keep people off the right track...?

One problem is the constant casual suggestion of unsupported conspiracy theories... like this one. It's become so routine for UFO investigators to claim to be victims of the government that few people take them seriously any more.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Id like to add a point or two...too!

So, when lots of us first got on the web, (and in my own case it wasnt until 1997/8), we find there is tonnes and tonnes of whatever info we search for. And so this takes our interest and we read with certain fascination and perhaps a bit of gullibilty thrown in too.

At first there is seemingly an endless amount of info,....time passes, we have read 'this story', and we have read 'that story' and the search goes on.

Being new to the web it DOES take time to read all the classics, watch all the clips and docu's or even feature length movies on the topic, while discussing the stories on various forums etc etc

And the search continues. On another site we come across, we start to see re-hashed verions of the old stories we know, then we find so and so from the US top brass will blow a whistle, someone else has the smoking gun, Greer will lead us into full disclosure, other experts discovered pyramids were bult by aliens, then other buildings were also built by aliens, says another expert, and we get drawn in and pulled in many directions

Until....

We have seen it all before and its ufo-info overload.

So yeh, I can see your point there doesnt seem to be anything new.

And thats because there are no aliens visiting us. And zero proof they ever have in the past either.

I will put my hand up and state I did what lots of us do with goggle eyed fascination, but Im also at the stage now where Ive done lots of reading/watching and discussing on forums, for many years, and have consistently failed to be impressed with the old stories and certainly the new ones

To the extent now - where Im a hardcore skeptic.

And as has been pointed out, so called experts with a respected name (once upon a time anyway), get involved in the field as its a money spinner, they write a book based on nothing but fantasy and flimsy information... but people buy it and this then keeps the cycle of BS going

Then we have the advent of youtube. People can earn money from their vids if they get enough hits, so there is always a motivation in that respect to come up with clever, or in most cases rubbish hoax vids.

Then we had CGI apps that came down in price and in some cases are free, and again, some oddbods somewhere in the bedrooms think it will be a great laugh to create a ufo vid and claim it was real and post it

heck even smart phones can do that now, and the situation wont be getting better.

So in light of all that then, its wise to KNOW for certainty, that no-one has ever filmed an alien, no-one has ever met one, (abductees wont agree), and NO-ONE, really knows anything for sure about them. There are NO ufo experts, at all. Period!

For me then, I reached a conclusion years ago that sits well with me and mostly cannot be disagreed with, and that is:

Life 'FOR SURE' simply MUST exist elsewhere, whether its intellignet or microbial or just plants, it surely must be out there.

Intelligent aliens may also exist, super advanced aliens too, its all possible

But the tremedous distances between us and other solar systems is just mind blowing, even at light speed, which we can only ever dream of travelling at, and the physics of that is the same for any life, anywhere.

So we may live in a universe/multiverse teeming with life, but just on the sheer distances to travel, well that may mean we will never ever meet any other life, at all.

So perhaps thats another reason there is never anything new

Edited by seeder
3 people like this

Besides the more nutty types getting off on this that and the other, that is.

You have to be careful about what you let in to your big-picture.

The internet (including forums) has become a virtual battle ground for information and disinformation, IMO.

Yep, I agree.

Posted (edited)

The lack of clear evidences and all the faked pictures and video posted online can very well discourage one of believing in Ufology.

Also TV shows like Ancient Aliens doesn't help much though it might be interesting to watch. I am open to the possiblity of Aliens visiting Earth and was ready to listen the AAT theory after I saw Episode one and two but after that it became not relevant and just got wilder. They have no clear evidences and to back their claims they put forward obscur passage of the Bible and other religions, (which they interpret out of context to fit their belief in Aliens) a collections of nice ancient figures which tells more that artists of long ago had as much creative imaginations than we have today and rely on conspiracy theories to explain why they can't get proofs. That's quite shallow.

Also, the show lost some credibility to my eyes when David Childress claimed that the moon could very well be an Alien spacestation orbiting Earth!

So lots of materials for Aliens believer out there but not much to draw the skeptics to listen. Some are more fanatics stuffs than anything else

Edited by sam_comm
1 person likes this

A mind is like a parachute, to function it must be open.

reminds me of an advert I saw...

81e9f26ceef65d17ef7754ddd354adbc.jpg

3 people like this

Just make sure you have a good bug screen so you don't let any bugs in.

Cheers,

Badeskov

My main thing on this UFO and Ancient aliens and such is that people are sooo stupid about it when they really get into it!

IF an alien race is capable of building a space ship that can traverse the universe, then I promise you, our government, any government can do absolutely NOTHING about it.

Heck, we would be like hrmm.. cavelike in mentality compared to them, our weapons would be matchsticks to them.

So I find most everything people post about alien conspiracy to be pretty silly.

I find the ancient aliens thing to be insulting to what we CAN do and have done.

So no, I do not care for ufo stuff you see, and the ancient aliens theories. If aliens from other worlds come here, they are way more powerful then we are and fully capable of letting us know they are here IF they choose to, our government and any other government can do absolutely nothing to prevent it.

1 person likes this

Yeah i can't say i disagree. I think the community would do it self some justice if it started rooting out the obvious charlatans and down right frauds to help elevate its credibility as a whole. Maybe start scrutinizing the truly bizarre and unexplained cases rather than entertaining proven money grabbers like Greer and Icke and their ilk.

The amount of commercialization at this point and the money involved in the UFO phenomena is going too attract the mosquito blood suckers and to be skeptical is mandatory. To see the bleeding heart true believers latch onto every insane claim that's spouted, because they see it on the History channel or read it on some obscure website, makes it all but impossible to take them seriously. How many times will you allow yourself to be fooled and scammed by the same few individuals time and time again. Reminds me of the bigfoot community and Rick Dyer, sheesh.

Posted (edited)

Anyone who really wants to know about life in space and aliens needs to watch some SERIOUS and WORLD CLASS EXPERTS talk on the subject....

and heres one of them, a truly BRILLIANT vid for the factual info it contains, so anyone who hasn't watched it, please do, he covers the lot!! (in 12 mins)

Neil deGrasse Tyson. A Fascinatingly Disturbing thought

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeJoVeKSsyA[/media]

eta - better vid with no screen caps at front

Plus a transcript for those who cant watch vids is here

http://tiainkorea.com/2012/04/22/a-fascinatingly-disturbing-thought-by-dr-neil-degrasse-tyson-transcript/

Edited by seeder
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

So no, I do not care for ufo stuff you see, and the ancient aliens theories. If aliens from other worlds come here, they are way more powerful then we are and fully capable of letting us know they are here IF they choose to, our government and any other government can do absolutely nothing to prevent it.

AA theorists have different point of views which in the whole is not exaclty coherent. Some think that Aliens deliberatly made contact with the US governement in secret and that the population is not allowed to know. Others think that the Earth is a ''garden'' and that Extraterrestrials are watching over us monitoring our evolution and did meddle in history except in some extreme cases. So, they've various ways of seeing things which all involved Aliens. That's what you can see in their series with many a ''what if'' and ''if so''.

Edited by sam_comm

AAT theorists have different point of views which in the whole is not exaclty coherent. Some think that Aliens deliberatly made contact with the US governement in secret and that the population is not allowed to know. Others think that the Earth is a ''garden'' and that Extraterrestrials are watching over us monitoring our evolution and to not meddle except in some extreme cases. So, they've various ways of seeing thing which all involved Aliens.

the AA series, like most televised productions, are there solely to make money and sell merchandise - end of!

Posted (edited)

Maybe but they do believe in what they're saying. The Ancient Astronaut Theory was there way before the TV show was on air on the History channel. The thing is, they want to be considered a scientific theory and not a cult or a religion but they do not provide enough evidences and rely on conspiracy theories and interpretations of religious texts which is clearly not what can be called: ''scientific''.

Edited by sam_comm
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Maybe but they do believe in what they're saying. The Ancient Astronaut Theory was there way before the TV show was on air on the History channel. The thing is, they want to be considered a scientific theory and not a cult or a religion but they do not provide enough evidences and rely on conspiracy theory and interpretations of religious texts which is clearly not what can be called: ''scientific''.

I, and a few others here, have discussed - at great length - the AA series, and the self proclaimed experts BS. 'We' have literally ripped them apart and exposed their lies and qualifications. That show is to be taken no more seriously than Star Trek or the Muppets...

heres a total debunk of the AA series

[media=]

[/media]

Edited by seeder

Yeah i can't say i disagree. I think the community would do it self some justice if it started rooting out the obvious charlatans and down right frauds to help elevate its credibility as a whole. Maybe start scrutinizing the truly bizarre and unexplained cases rather than entertaining proven money grabbers like Greer and Icke and their ilk.

They did this in the 70's and early 80's in an attempt to give the field some credibility. Trained investigators studied some interesting cases much like Blue Book investigators had but there was never any solid evidence to make conclusions from so they went on to do more productive things with their lives.

Shows like "Unsolved Mysteries" in the late 80's repopularized the paranormal and it was back to business. The Alien Autopsy showed that a hoax can still be a gold mine to anyone with no ethics. The money grabbers had returned and UFOlogy has been all about making money ever since.

1 person likes this

The impression I get is the UFO experts are treated uncritically by believers as authority figures. This acceptance closely resembles charismatic cult leaders.

Deep belief seems to involve emotional attachment. As in certain religions, the whole idea relies heavily on testimonials, confirmation bias and deception.

1 person likes this

and you just thought you'd pop in to tell us all........well thanks for that then.....and goodbye :st

I thought it was the UFO people who got a hard time?

That was not very nice.