Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Humans and Dinosaurs Together

Explorer12

In Brad Steiger's book "Worlds Before Our Own" (1978), he writes:

"In Pershing County, Nevada, a shoe print was found in Triassic limestone, strata indicative of 400 million years, in which the fossilized evidence clearly revealed finely wrought double-stitching in the seams.

At Glen Rose, Texas, a 16-inch hominid footprint was found NEXT TO DINOSAUR TRACKS IN CONTEMPORANEOUS STRATA, thereby suggesting that man may have outlived the giant reptiles by 80 million years.

If man lived at the same time as the dinosaurs, he might have been a king-sized fellow to better confront the gigantic reptiles. Skeletal remains of surprisingly large human beings have been discovered all over the Americas, from Minnesota to Nicaragua. The skeletons average in size from 7 to over 8 feet tall......

In the January 11, 1840 issue of the London "Mirror," a M. Le Cat stated that two human skeletons were unearthed near Athens in much earlier times. The length of one was an unbelievable 34 feet; the other was an incredible 2 feet longer. A somewhat shorter relative, only 30 feet in length, was found near Palermo, Sicily in 1548."

• Like 1

Haven't they found ancient pottery with dinosaur pictures drawn on them? I'm starting to wonder if some dinosaurs survived longer than they think or man is older than they think.

Edited by Hilander

Haven't they found ancient pottery with dinosaur pictures drawn on them? I'm starting to wonder if some dinosaurs survived longer than they think or man is older than they think.

Or they simply found fossils back then.

It's not as if ancient civilizations didn't do more than their fair share of digging and excavating.

That would also be an easy answer to dragon legends and images.

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 1

Or they simply found fossils back then.

It's not as if ancient civilizations didn't do more than their fair share of digging and excavating.

That would also be an easy answer to dragon legends and images.

Epic answer!

• Like 1

I encorage you (strongly!) to use the search function -- I'm sure each of these has been discussed at length here already. All of these have been pretty effectively debunked, though: there's no real evidence for man and dinosaurs cohabitating.

--http://www.badarchaeology.com/?page_id=191

--http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinosaur_Valley_State_Park

As for the last two, I can't discuss individual findings without a specific reference, however, local US papers in the 19th Century very often completely made up fanatastic stories to increase tourism or as acts of municipal boosterism. Oddly enough, virtually no "giant skeleon" has actually survived for modern investigation.

If you do find specific instances, or actual pieces of unexplained skeletons, I urge you to post them here. But I don't urge you to post YouTube videos with undocumented "evidence" or to post third-hand stories with no proof. :)

--Jaylemurph

• Like 1

I hope you don't mean Cabrera, the guy from Peru.

I met him, and the people who made the fake artifacts.

• Like 2

Indeed, all these have been covered here before. It's important to remember that its not a slight adjustment of the time scale. The period of time between dino's and homo sapiens is so long its almost difficult to comprehend. For them to have overlapped is by no means a small leap, its a staggering and highly unlikely one. Any solid evidence that made this seem plausible would have been pounced on by scientists hoping to go down in the history books.

Hilander, thanks so much for your open-minded attitude to this topic. Yes, I have heard of the ancient pottery with dinosaur pictures on them. I am inclined to think that mankind is older than what is generally accepted.

Epic answer!

Kannin, try to keep an open mind.

Indeed, all these have been covered here before. It's important to remember that its not a slight adjustment of the time scale. The period of time between dino's and homo sapiens is so long its almost difficult to comprehend. For them to have overlapped is by no means a small leap, its a staggering and highly unlikely one. Any solid evidence that made this seem plausible would have been pounced on by scientists hoping to go down in the history books.

There is substantial archaeological evidence that humans and dinosaurs coexisted, but that evidence is gathering dust in the storerooms of museums and scientific establishments. Most scientists are afraid of this evidence because it seriously undermines their pet theories about evolution.

Attached is a photo of a giant skeleton unearthed by archaeologists:

post-119927-0-13726500-1370761230_thumb.

attached is a photoshop job of a skellington and some random bloke you mean.
  • Like 2

Funny, I found that same picture on a site about hoax pictures...

nephilimfake.jpg

Giant Skeleton Hoax

Edited by Pax Unum
  • Like 2

Try to use yours.
  • Like 5

There is substantial archaeological evidence that humans and dinosaurs coexisted, but that evidence is gathering dust in the storerooms of museums and scientific establishments. Most scientists are afraid of this evidence because it seriously undermines their pet theories about evolution.

Scientist are not afraid of evidence that that dramatically alters a current theory. It would set their career for life and a place in history. The reality is there is no credible evidence.

• Like 1

I too think man could have a longer history than we know of and more civilizations have risen and fallen in times we don't know of but I do not think man was running with dinosaurs 65 million years ago. An open mind would accept the possibility that ancient men found dinosaur fossils in all their excavations which led to pictures and legends and that's way more logical.

• Like 2

It has nothing to do with an open mind. Because of the Square-Cube Law if the individual in the picture was, for example, 6 feet tall and 200 lbs then the alleged giant would be some 27 feet tall and weigh approximately 18,225 pounds. This individual would literally crush his/her own skeletal structure just in the attempt to stand. Which means these so called "giants" are not scientifically possible.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SquareCubeLaw

cormac

• Like 1

Sam-Neill-encounters-velo-001.jpg

:w00t:

I personally think humans (well, our deep rooted ancestors) and dinosaurs probably did co-exist. It was probably a helluva time to live, bet there was no obesity pandemic then :alien:

I don't imagine there was an obesity pandemic then.

post-74391-0-83821100-1370982068_thumb.j

The above is based on the oldest nearly complete primate skeleton dated to 10 million years after the dinosaurs went extinct. :tu:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/06/130605133554.htm?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+sciencedaily+%28ScienceDaily%3A+Latest+Science+News%29

cormac

Edited by cormac mac airt
  • Like 1

Well since I am certain that every topic that is posted now has already been posted, we should just shut this site down.

There could have been some form of human living with dinosaur

Well since I am certain that every topic that is posted now has already been posted, we should just shut this site down.

Oh no: mankind has an almost unlimited capacity to reject reason and believe the farcical. They'll always be new silliness to discuss here.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 2

They are all known hoaxes. Actually do some research and see if what you're posting is true or even possible.

Having an open mind doesn't mean ignoring known facts.

• Like 1

I haven't seen all of this yet but thought I'd pop it in here for the sport of it.I was surprised at the discovery of a large previosly unknown population of apes,if I remember corectly it was around 100k.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CC8QFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fnatgeotv.com.au%2Ftv%2Fbeast-man%2Ffacts-african-swamp-monster.aspx&ei=arC_Ub3uJajDiwLI8YCgCw&usg=AFQjCNHy1MERVUl6ajOWcfV-leZcTIIR5g

jmccr8

I've looked into every single giant skeleton and modern dinosaur thread that has popped up and I've yet to see one that is not a clear Hoax.

There could have been some form of human living with dinosaur

Of course there is...

chicken-ash.jpg

We've been living with Dinosaurs since we walked out of the Jungle in Africa...