Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How the human face might look in 100,000 yrs

Still Waters

If we are still around, in 100,000 years we will all look like hairless ET Grays, but in any color we like, and of course with cloth on !

Oh yes they knew, and even 40,000 years ago:

330px-Venus-of-Schelklingen.jpg

http://en.wikipedia....s_of_Hohle_Fels

Cheers Id forgotten all about that, but I think its more of an abstract image than a depiction of someone real !! Maybe an animal/woman type of thing?

Why wait 100,000 years?

We already have Hamsters that look like that.

post-116798-0-34100200-1370965894_thumb.

Edited by Capt Amerika

Every time I see the picture of the buggy eyed girl it freaks me out. Reminds me of those drawings of alien hybrid kids.......

Oh yes, they do. But modern society has changed the parameters radically, so evolution does not take its normal course any more.

So the normal rules don't apply then.

If you think that a higher IQ gets rewarded in an evolutionary sense (i.e. by more offspring), just look around you.

I didn't, I thought the opposite... ;)

We're suppose to be more intelligent today with all the advancements we made then our ancestors 100,000 years ago.

Maybe on a technological level. But on a wisdom level? Hmmmm

So how do we call this MUTATION. The scientist its like telling us why the ALIENS HAVE LARGE EYES AND BIG HEADS.

Edited by brainiac

So what do we call this MUTATION?, The scientist its like telling us why the Aliens have large eyes and big heads.

We're suppose to be more intelligent today with all the advancements we made then our ancestors 100,000 years ago.

Maybe on a technological level. But on a wisdom level? Hmmmm

But its not 'all' of us who invented the airplane, the telephone, the computer, the inter net, life saving medicines, ...thats all down to to only a 'few' compared to the size of the population....

we are not 'all' more intelligent, but some do make progress and change the world.

Anyone here ever done anything outstanding that got praised for the intelligence behind it?

Well?

Anyone?

Could you make a fire with just sticks like our dumb ancestors did? Could you?

:tu:

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

I have to agree that the people having the most offspring are the most ignorant, and the most religious people.

The children in the West generally all survive, but if you only have 2 with a 99.9% chance of survival to adulthood, those with 8 kids with a 25% mortality rate are still going to have 6 kids survive to adulthood. The health of these people does not really matter, because as long as a person lives to an age to reproduce, they are being biologically successful.

So those religious people in the US that have large families are probably going to eventually control a larger part of the economy and politics. So, in that way they will be more successful as a group also.

Thanks DC, you've miraculously found a cure for my good mood. <_< :lol:

• Like 1

Piece of cake...next!

stock-footage-slow-motion-of-burning-matchstick.jpg

:P

• Like 1

Piece of cake...next!

stock-footage-slow-motion-of-burning-matchstick.jpg

:P

ok you got me! fair do's

So those religious people in the US that have large families are probably going to eventually control a larger part of the economy and politics. So, in that way they will be more successful as a group also.

There is not one group of "religious people". Maybe you are thinking of the usual target of ridicule, the American bible belt denisen. But if you think that they even stand a chance against those of the religion that practises child marriage, polygamy, and forced conversion (including "honor killing" for girls who marry outside the dogma), you have a surprise coming.

And besides that, there are is the low-IQ section of the population that uses children as the natural way to get onto the government welfare roll.

So if you think your traditional bible-thumpers are the evolutionary winners, you are dreaming.

But its not 'all' of us who invented the airplane, the telephone, the computer, the inter net, life saving medicines, ...thats all down to to only a 'few' compared to the size of the population....

we are not 'all' more intelligent, but some do make progress and change the world.

Anyone here ever done anything outstanding that got praised for the intelligence behind it?

Well?

Anyone?

:tu:

There were those that invent items and then there are those that maintain those items. The airplane, telephone and computer

requires maintenance and repair. I would say that takes intelligence. (on a technological level)

As for our ancestors being dumb, I would disagree. It would take great survival skills to overcome the obstacles they endured.

Hunting game animals and finding edible plant material requires cunning and endurance.

There were those that invent items and then there are those that maintain those items. The airplane, telephone and computer

requires maintenance and repair. I would say that takes intelligence. (on a technological level)

As for our ancestors being dumb, I would disagree. It would take great survival skills to overcome the obstacles they endured.

Hunting game animals and finding edible plant material requires cunning and endurance.

My comment about the ancestors was intended as sarcasm. I for one am well into all they achieved and paved the way for. But I do disagree about the current level of individual intelligence, or maybe we could say, lack of the motivation to be creative and inventive. Most of the population go to work, doing a job they were shown/taught how to do, come home and eat, in a house filled with tech to make their lives easy.

I remember once watching a docu on some place that had a civil war starting. I will always remember one woman crying into the camera and saying, " Please help us, we have no gas, we have no water, we have no electricity, what will we do"

Now hearing that - while it was unfortunate for 'them'... I started thinking about just how smart we really are. Did our ancestors share her worries? hell no, they could find the water, and they didnt need gas to cook. So we shouldn't confuse the levels of tech we live with, with the intelligence we'd need to survive if it was all gone tomorrow. I made this point before about mobile phones, before they came along, I could remember at least a half dozen numbers and area codes off by heart, and could instantly memorize a new dates number. Now about the only number I can remember is my own, so in that respect, modern tech has dumbed me/us down a bit by doing the remembering for me.

Just my opinion of course.

Cheers Id forgotten all about that, but I think its more of an abstract image than a depiction of someone real !! Maybe an animal/woman type of thing?

Yeah, a real beast of a woman, lol.

My comment about the ancestors was intended as sarcasm. I for one am well into all they achieved and paved the way for. But I do disagree about the current level of individual intelligence, or maybe we could say, lack of the motivation to be creative and inventive. Most of the population go to work, doing a job they were shown/taught how to do, come home and eat, in a house filled with tech to make their lives easy.

I remember once watching a docu on some place that had a civil war starting. I will always remember one woman crying into the camera and saying, " Please help us, we have no gas, we have no water, we have no electricity, what will we do"

Now hearing that - while it was unfortunate for 'them'... I started thinking about just how smart we really are. Did our ancestors share her worries? hell no, they could find the water, and they didnt need gas to cook. So we shouldn't confuse the levels of tech we live with, with the intelligence we'd need to survive if it was all gone tomorrow. I made this point before about mobile phones, before they came along, I could remember at least a half dozen numbers and area codes off by heart, and could instantly memorize a new dates number. Now about the only number I can remember is my own, so in that respect, modern tech has dumbed me/us down a bit by doing the remembering for me.

Just my opinion of course.

I will agree with you that technology has spoiled us. A coworker forgot his cellphone and left it at home and made a comment

how he felt lost without it. My guess is that he was going through some kind of withdrawal like a person without a cigarette.

A technological society is a vulnerable society. If that one key ingredient was lost (electricity) then everyone is screwed.

But innovated people (with good intentions) invented these gadgets to make our lives easier only to make it more complex.

• Like 2

I will agree with you that technology has spoiled us. A coworker forgot his cellphone and left it at home and made a comment

how he felt lost without it. My guess is that he was going through some kind of withdrawal like a person without a cigarette.

A technological society is a vulnerable society. If that one key ingredient was lost (electricity) then everyone is screwed.

But innovated people (with good intentions) invented these gadgets to make our lives easier only to make it more complex.

:tu: spot on!