Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The difference between a spell and a Prayer?

LostSouls7

I do like to be in my garden a lot.. cultivate it.. make it grow.. expand.. till my garden looks like a magical jungle...

there i will find peace with my animal brothers. the birds and butterflies are with me there..

• Like 2

A garden is a wonderful place, if you are either ignorant or ignore the reality of what's going on.

A garden is a wonderful place, if you are either ignorant or ignore the reality of what's going on.

The whole world is a garden, but we are too ignorant or greedy to understand what we are doing to it and ourselves.

• Like 4

OK so I was watching all the videos about being a Wizard and the old wizard teaching when over the whole thing about seeking powers or doing magick.

Well he talked about 3 types that I think he persoanlly did or does.

He said Sorcery, Which he says usually the power or manifestation comes

from YOU.. but the beings who do the manifestion will drain the energy from you.

Then he talks about Magic Proper. Which is just using you OWN inner power. By meditation and getting to a certain level when you can manifest things on your own.

Then he talks about Holy Magic.. and prayers.. how if someone is holy they could float in midair while praying or heal a sick person with prayer and grace as angels would do the powers etc.

So to me it seems Sorcery demons do the powers for you but it's bad for health because it drains you. Magic Proper all power is from within, and does not drain you.

He said holy magic makes you feel energized and good once it's done.

What do you think of this???

I feel as if most Christian religions.. just say prayers.

Like thanks for the food.. in the name of Jesus Amen...

But do they pray for angels.. for powers??? for things to happen?

or do they repeat the same prayer just as a routine..

but have no real power or feeling to it??

Also A spell is similar to a prayer???

but i feel with both... to work.. you have to be powerful from withing..

have strong intent and emotion for it to work....

What do you think?

Would you be able to post the video of the old wizard? *edit* I found your other thread on the subject :tu:

Edited by trancelikestate
  • Like 1

What do you mean whats going on?

You mean the secret evil trying to enslave and destory us??

i know full well..but in my youth..

i set out to battle darkness..

and made myself sick.. drinking and worrying to much....

in life you need balance first.. focus on the self...

become self empowered.. then you become the change you want to see...

then you can start to influence and change things around us.. in a positive way.....

I am aware of many dark secrets...

and growing a garden is actually a GREAT way to counter evil..

as well as support only farmer's markets..

and family owned markets.....

this came to me with wisdom..

and i learn everyday...

The whole world is a garden, but we are too ignorant or greedy to understand what we are doing to it and ourselves.

Yes man is overcome by the greed.. so he destorys the wondeful gardens of the earth....

just to have a fancy car.. or buy shiny things..

but those shiny things you can't eat...

man forgets this....

More gardens less garbage

• Like 1

Would you be able to post the video of the old wizard? *edit* I found your other thread on the subject :tu:

Yes here her talks about wisdom..and manifesting magick powers

[media=]

[/media]

he talks about sorcery, holy magic, magic proper etc.

There are more types of magick.. but he covers the ones he's praticed

during his lifetime

he talks about books.. and also there are more parts after this one.

Edited by LostSouls7

OK so I was watching all the videos about being a Wizard and the old wizard teaching when over the whole thing about seeking powers or doing magick.

Well he talked about 3 types that I think he persoanlly did or does.

He said Sorcery, Which he says usually the power or manifestation comes

from YOU.. but the beings who do the manifestion will drain the energy from you.

Then he talks about Magic Proper. Which is just using you OWN inner power. By meditation and getting to a certain level when you can manifest things on your own.

Then he talks about Holy Magic.. and prayers.. how if someone is holy they could float in midair while praying or heal a sick person with prayer and grace as angels would do the powers etc.

So to me it seems Sorcery demons do the powers for you but it's bad for health because it drains you. Magic Proper all power is from within, and does not drain you.

He said holy magic makes you feel energized and good once it's done.

What do you think of this???

I feel as if most Christian religions.. just say prayers.

Like thanks for the food.. in the name of Jesus Amen...

But do they pray for angels.. for powers??? for things to happen?

or do they repeat the same prayer just as a routine..

but have no real power or feeling to it??

Also A spell is similar to a prayer???

but i feel with both... to work.. you have to be powerful from withing..

have strong intent and emotion for it to work....

What do you think?

I agree with the points the wizard made and your perception on some prayer not having feeling to it. Some prayer is very feeling with some groups. Like some people do spells they do prayers in the same way with feeling and belief but usually in a more humble attitude then a magician.

I think if you go the spell route you need prayer for guidance and permission first to overcome the negativity which comes from trying to direct a force outside of yourself. The Holy sort of magic comes when you go within and and expand outwards, but you do not push emotions into it. When it is done and your motives are in harmony you ARE doing a holy magic, so you are part of it not really directing it by yourself and it brings you strength even when you are facing something very dangerous or you part of a healing. That type is always a good thing for everyone not just some petty personal desires, that may come back at you like some old story of the Monkey's Paw. You better really understand what you're dealing with in the spell world because you are playing with fire, whereas prayer or meditation might not work at first but at least you don't get sucked into something that can hurt you and others by not being controlled properly.

• Like 1

Let me clarify my objection to prayers of thanks for being alive and for the pleasures of this world. There is nothing to give thanks for. Life is a burden and the pleasures of the world are self-limited and trasient. All such prayers do is strengthen our attachment to things that over-promise and under-deliver and quickly dissolve.

This is not such a pessimistic view of things as some may think. I think instead it is a formula for happiness and balance -- and it is realistic, not sentimental.

Semantics, well, maybe. Depends on who is defining what. I doubt that a religious figure, monk, priest, pope, would say both are alike, depending on who it is directed to and for what purpose. I know "Satan worshipers", who have seperate different ways of expressing their "devotion", some are defined as 'prayers", some "incantations", or "spells". I know a few "wicca/witches, depeending on the word one wishes to use, that define all their "magick work" as "spells". Try any book on "magic, sorcery, witchcraft, necromancy, etc., " and their will probably be some that agree on all aspects but based the general info., it gets kinds merky, as far as what means what, wh it is directed to, like I said , why it was sent, and sooo forth. I know what I use, why, etc., and there is a difference between "spells", "prayers", incantattions", etc., as I use them. Since we got into "spells", "Blessed Be".

• Like 1

Very interesting.. does an incantation have to call on a spirit or god?

Or could it just be ourselves empowering ourselves???

watch this video where Tony Robbins talks about incantations...

i use this method everyday..

and it seems to work very well.

I will admit when I was young in college praying for a girl I wanted, and the prayer was granted. Other than that I have found myself praying when someone I love is dying, and the prayers were not granted.

We pray for things because otherwise we feel helpless, or feel it won't do any harm so why not try. That it is essentially selfish and unworthy of any deity's attention doesn't seem to enter the petitioner's head.

Nowadays I pray in Vietnamese custom to dead loved ones, at their personal shrines, but it is more a matter of just talking to them and telling them the news. It makes a good rehearsal to me of what is important and what isn't.

There are prayers of thanksgiving, that I have never seen any point to. The world we live in is not worthy of giving thanks or prayer for, even if personally we have been lucky.

I guess it is like they say, there are no atheists in foxholes. Don't know how true it is, but I would be willing to wager that in a tremendous amount of instances, people that normally do not pray will be begging god for forgiveness or other things such as having god watch over their loved ones. Why not? It gives you hope when all other hope seems lost.

I guess it is like they say, there are no atheists in foxholes. Don't know how true it is, but I would be willing to wager that in a tremendous amount of instances, people that normally do not pray will be begging god for forgiveness or other things such as having god watch over their loved ones. Why not? It gives you hope when all other hope seems lost.

My Father was the atheist in the foxhole in WW ll. Said he was to busy trying to stay a live to mess around with praying. He was atheist until he died.

• Like 1

My grandpa was an athiest until he died but I was talking to him about god in his final coma and I could tell in his muscle movements and facial expressions that he felt, heard and understood me. I will never forget that moment.

He was mostly thinking I'm really going to miss this daffy kid.

A lot of the atheist in foxhole phenomenon is not hidden belief in God but a case of trying everything in a desperate situation. I think it a bit foolish to make much of human weakness that way.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Praying works... What you believe in is far less important than whether you believe at all.

Let me clarify my objection to prayers of thanks for being alive and for the pleasures of this world. There is nothing to give thanks for. Life is a burden and the pleasures of the world are self-limited and trasient. All such prayers do is strengthen our attachment to things that over-promise and under-deliver and quickly dissolve.

This is not such a pessimistic view of things as some may think. I think instead it is a formula for happiness and balance -- and it is realistic, not sentimental.

The only prayer I offer is one of gratitude. While life is ephemeral, it still has many moments of beauty, joy, fun, peace, love, friendship, etc. I don't find life a burden, and while pleasures may be limited & transient, I'd still prefer to experience them than live a life without them. You know, vacations are short-lived, as are fireworks shows, a smile on someone's face usually comes & goes pretty quickly, most things are short-lived, but that in no way means I can't or won't appreciate them. And what's wrong with sentimentality? It's part of life, most of us feel it at least once in our lives, it's part of being human. Anyone who's lived a full life would have moments of sadness or nostalgia or tenderness (which is the definition of sentimental), along with a whole slew of other emotions. It's part of the human experience, unless one holds one's self apart.