Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Still Waters

Protection of Gray Wolves May Be Lifted

3 posts in this topic

Gray wolves, whose packs now prowl through the northern Rockies and the forests along the Great Lakes, no longer need endangered-species protection to prevent their extinction, the Obama administration said Friday.

The Fish and Wildlife Service unveiled a proposal to eliminate the remaining restrictions across the country, saying wolves are flourishing again. The only populations to have protection, under the proposal, would be Mexican wolves in southern Arizona and New Mexico and a small experimental population in North Carolina.

http://www.nytimes.c...-says.html?_r=0

All I can say is that I hope the States don't drop the ball and won't let people just slaughter them or they will be right back where they were.

I think the Grey Wolf is such a beautiful animal.

All I can say is that I hope the States don't drop the ball and won't let people just slaughter them or they will be right back where they were.

I think the Grey Wolf is such a beautiful animal.

We also need to be careful as to not let the population soar too high. They can be very destructive.