Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

In the blink of an Eye...

Jor-el

I think the plan is to kill us. :gun:

I think the plan is to kill us. :gun:

Actually no.. the plan is to destroy those who followed the antichrist and then Earth will become protectorate and a Theocracy in the ultimate sense of the word. Humanity will be ruled by God.

• Like 1

what? he will come back on a cross? thats going to cause a few stirs!

But what about his mother, who will she be?

No, he ascended into heaven some time after he was crucified. He subsequently appeared to his former friends and talked with them (the occasion when he invited Thomas to prod the wounds just to prove that he was really who he said he was).

• Like 1

Sorry, you are right.

So he will come out of a cave?

So basically, there will be no mother, no growing up, no miracles or followers , he will just suddenly appear?

How is he going to achieve this in our society today?

Will we actually know when it happens or find out in about 300 odd years later when someone writes about it?

this is actually a good question. Would he do everything again in the same way as the first time, or would he suddenly appear one day and say "Hi guys, i'm back!"? And would we recognise him if he did, since he probably wouldn't have looked much like all the popular images, which were all given a bit of a gloss?

• Like 1

To answer your opening question, No, I don't think there will ever be a rapture.

I honestly believe the book of Revelation was written for the people of that time as a ray of hope against persecution. I also understand that I could be wrong.

But as of right now that is how I see it.

Actually no.. the plan is to destroy those who followed the antichrist and then Earth will become protectorate and a Theocracy in the ultimate sense of the word. Humanity will be ruled by God.

Then you might as will put me to the sword, because I am not going to be ruled by a theocracy or king or god. edit to add or anti Christ.

Edited by Darkwind

Just more symbolic fantasy.

Then you might as will put me to the sword, because I am not going to be ruled by a theocracy or king or god. edit to add or anti Christ.

So you wouldn't want to live in the UK then? Do you believe that it's something like that Game of Thornes thing, or it's like the days of henry VIII? i don't think the Queen has had anyone beheaded for, oh, must be years now. :innocent:

Since the times of those writings much has changed in the world. How would he come back and be recognized? Many a man has stood with boards round their necks proclaiming they are the new Christ and how where they accepted?

Which woman will be chosen to be the mother of this man?

What will he be while growing up that will make him stand out from the other children around him?

Will his claiming of the new christ occur when he reaches adulthood and how will that stand up in society today?

Will we witness actual miracles or like so many others will be debunked before they hit a second day in the tabloids?

How will he be any different from any other man and actually stand out?

And please do not say " we will know when the time comes"

He will descend to the mount of Olives and when His feet touch the ground a great earthquake will split the mountain and form a valley. He will not be seeking followers at that point. Those who will accept Him at His word will have done so by this time. He returns at a time which, if it was not curtailed, would mean the end of all life on earth. Those signs should be sufficient to allow people to know which one is the correct one :)

• 2 weeks later...

ISAIAH 26:19-21 "Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in the dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead. Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast. For, behold, the Lord cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain."

ZEPHANIAH 2:1-3 "Gather yourselfs together, yea, gather together, O nation not desired; Before the decree bring forth, before the day pass as the chaff, before the fierce anger of the Lord come upon you, before the day of the Lord's anger come upon you. Seek ye the Lord, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek rightousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the Lord's anger."

Ok I have never really understood Revelations. It really doesn't make much sense when you read it. Bottom line, is Jesus going to come and take all the Christian fundamentalist off the Earth or not?

I hope so, I look forward to it, for many reasons.

• Like 1

Here's a thought - the rapture has already occurred. The true christians have already been taken up to heaven - all 5 or 6 of them :P , heck even the magic number of 100,000 could easily disappear without a world headline if they were taken from disparate parts of the globe, 1 here, 1 over there etc.

My real point is that we are chasing shadows, we cannot know and are actually not meant to know, given that even the Angels in Heaven don't know, when the end times are coming. Every generation from Christ to now has imagined it is going to be in their time.

Honestly, I'm far from convinced that the end as people are claiming through their interpretations of scripture is going to happen at all - ever.

• Like 3

Here's a thought - the rapture has already occurred. The true christians have already been taken up to heaven - all 5 or 6 of them :P , heck even the magic number of 100,000 could easily disappear without a world headline if they were taken from disparate parts of the globe, 1 here, 1 over there etc.

My real point is that we are chasing shadows, we cannot know and are actually not meant to know, given that even the Angels in Heaven don't know, when the end times are coming. Every generation from Christ to now has imagined it is going to be in their time.

Honestly, I'm far from convinced that the end as people are claiming through their interpretations of scripture is going to happen at all - ever.

I love this Libastak, The scripture goes-

Matthew 24:36- "36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."

• Like 2

The scripture goes-

Matthew 24:36- "36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."

so all those blokes wandering around with 'the end is nigh' boards around their necks are wrong then??

there's one who wanders around our town from time to time, so the next time I see him, i'm going to sit him down in the corner cafe, get him a nice cup of tea, and tell him not to worry so much!

:-)

• Like 2

Anyone whos says they know the exact day the world will end is a false prophet. Just because a major world disaster happens, doesn't mean the world itself is ending. I believe the end will be known its the end....

so all those blokes wandering around with 'the end is nigh' boards around their necks are wrong then??

there's one who wanders around our town from time to time, so the next time I see him, i'm going to sit him down in the corner cafe, get him a nice cup of tea, and tell him not to worry so much!

See, that is kind of not wrong or right. If they say an exact date, then thet're definitely wrong, but if they just say "Soon" that could mean many things :). I would talk to him just to see his opinion, I think that would be very very interesting.

Well, no, he just says it's nigh, he doesn't stick his neck out & say when Nigh is exactly. Actually, I met a a Horse the other day. I asked him "Is the end nigh?". "Neigh", he said.

• Like 1

Well, no, he just says it's nigh, he doesn't stick his neck out & say when Nigh is exactly. Actually, I met a a Horse the other day. I asked him "Is the end nigh?". "Neigh", he said.

Hahahahaha XD *Ba dum Tsch*

What do you think about this passage:

"and from Jesus Christ the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of kings on earth. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood..." (Revelation 1:5 ESV)

Isn't it saying that Jesus already rules as king?

"and from Jesus Christ the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of kings on earth. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood..." (Revelation 1:5 ESV)

Yes and no. He rules as king yes but that rule has not become physical as expressed in Daniels vision.

Daniel 7:13-14

13“In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. 14He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

The bolded part has not yet happened has it?

Luke 21:25-28

25“There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. 26People will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken. 27At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

Has the bolded part happened yet in any way that the people of the world could see?

Matthew 26:64-68

And the high priest said to him, “I adjure you by the living God, tell us if you are the Christ, the Son of God.”

64Jesus said to him, “You have said so. But I tell you, from now on you will see the Son of Man seated at the right hand of Power and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

65Then the high priest tore his robes and said, “He has uttered blasphemy. What further witnesses do we need? You have now heard his blasphemy. 66What is your judgment?” They answered, “He deserves death.” 67Then they spit in his face and struck him. And some slapped him, 68saying, “Prophesy to us, you Christ! Who is it that struck you?”

Twice, he states that he will come riding the clouds of heaven, I am still awaiting a CNN newsflash of that event.

http://www.ucg.org/doctrinal-beliefs/are-we-kingdom-god-now/

The word rapture was started by some minster in either the 1700s or 1800s

• Like 2

Actually the concept was already in the Bible. It wasn't really popularized until later. Until someone popularizes it, people don't see it from the Bible.

Indeed.

John Nelson Darby first proposed and popularized the pre-tribulation rapture in 1827.This view was accepted among many other Plymouth Brethren movements in England. Darby and other prominent Brethren were part of the Brethren Movement which impacted American Christianity, especially with movements and teachings associated with Christian eschatology and fundamentalism, primarily through their writings.

Influences included the Bible Conference Movement, starting in 1878 with the Niagara Bible Conference. These conferences, which were initially inclusive of historicist and futurist premillennialism, led to an increasing acceptance of futurist premillennial views and the pre-tribulation rapture especially among Presbyterian, Baptist and Congregational members.

Popular books also contributed to acceptance of the pre-tribulation rapture, including William Eugene Blackstone's book Jesus is Coming published in 1878 and which sold more than 1.3 million copies and the Scofield Reference Bible, published in 1909 and 1919 and revised in 1967.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapture

There is a very good reason why belief in the rapture is more popular among American Christians and wherever their missionaries went but not popular among global Christian communities outside of their traditions.

That reason was because it was popularized in America. Darby, while from the UK, did come to America where his ideas were latched upon. The Scofield Reference Bible was what really spread it.

Americans think they are right about everything, some do. People all across the world are not thinking about the end of the world, just American Christians, but not all, not me.

A more detailed view can be found here: http://www.ucg.org/doctrinal-beliefs/rapture-popular-false-doctrine/

Edited by The world needs you

Indeed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapture

There is a very good reason why belief in the rapture is more popular among American Christians and wherever their missionaries went but not popular among global Christian communities outside of their traditions.

That reason was because it was popularized in America. Darby, while from the UK, did come to America where his ideas were latched upon. The Scofield Reference Bible was what really spread it.

Americans think they are right about everything, some do. People all across the world are not thinking about the end of the world, just American Christians, but not all, not me.

A more detailed view can be found here: http://www.ucg.org/d...false-doctrine/

I certainly don't agree with the link and your opinion that the rapture is a false doctrine, if anything it is very biblical.

Not only does the link provide erroneous information in that it was invented or created by John Nelson Darby in the 19th century, which I have already demonstrated on this very thread to by utterly false and malicious, but it then goes on to utterly give us an erroneous interpretation of scripture that it uses to try and back the claim of false doctrine.

Was he responding to a worry about whether Christ would rescue believers from the Great Tribulation? No, nothing is said of this.

Nor is there anything in these verses that intimates Christ making a swooping pass by the earth to snatch off a few people to take them to heaven. These verses refer only to the doctrine of the second coming, at which time Jesus sets foot on the earth.

One slight detail in all that word juggling, Jesus doesn't set foot on the earth... "Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord."

I wonder if the author can actually read...