Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gay Christians

SpiritWriter

I posted this link on the other gay (is it a sin, choice, or biology) thread, but think it needs its own attention.

Browse around this site a little bit, it is dedicated to affirming gay christians.

:)

God is real, don't let any naysayers take that away from you. Uninformed Christians wise up to who your brothers and sisters in the Lord really are... take a good look at yourself if you are an advocate of "gay people are going to hell" or try to make it seem like a gay person cant have a relationship with Jesus.

http://www.gaychurch.org

• Like 2

ive never met a gay Christian, as a Christian hetrosexual I put god before my own sexuality. as a heterosexual what do you think god wants from my sex life?

• Like 1

More than likely you have AE but just don't know it. Gays can be pretty good at hiding the fact they are gay because of fear of bodily harm.

I don't see why gays can't be Christians. More and more churches all the time are accepting them. I think the real sin would be turning away someone that wanted Christ in their life.

• Like 4

ive never met a gay Christian, as a Christian hetrosexual I put god before my own sexuality. as a heterosexual what do you think god wants from my sex life?

What god wants from your sex life is between you, your partner and God.

Out all the gay and lesbian people I know, much to my surprise I know a quite a few, 2 are Christian the rest are Pagan, Buddhist or nothing. I think the Christians and the Muslims have really drop the ball on this and have driven them away. But Pagans and Buddhist have excepted them with open arms. Which is why I many friends who are gay or lesbian.

• Like 4

what do you base this on?

@AE

You said you are heterosexual correct, how are you putting god before your Sexuality? I am not following?

You know Spirit Writer this is a great thread.

I am so glad to see you did this. I think if our gays knew how many people do support and embrace them it may in some small way help them feel included.

Kudos!

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2

@AE

You said you are heterosexual correct, how are you putting god before your Sexuality? I am not following?

You know Spirit Writer this is a great thread.

I am so glad to see you did this. I think if our gays knew how many people do support and embrace them it may in some small way help them feel included.

Kudos!

im celibate and don't spend my time pursuing sex but try to better my self as a Christian. im not meant to have sex until marriage.

• Like 1

Out all the gay and lesbian people I know, much to my surprise I know a quite a few, 2 are Christian the rest are Pagan, Buddhist or nothing. I think the Christians and the Muslims have really drop the ball on this and have driven them away. But Pagans and Buddhist have excepted them with open arms. Which is why I many friends who are gay or lesbian.

I know a young man who was raised Christian, he was raised to think that being gay is ooky, icky, and sinful. He is in college now and he met a bisexual girl and began a relationship with her, it changed everything for him. He told me that she shared the struggles she has encountered and poured her heart out to him, he said he would feel like a leper and miss the whole point of Jesus's message if he didn't change his mind. In fact, he says he loves this girl unconditionally, he thinks she was put into his life to open his mind and heart. He said she is the most amazing person he has ever met and she has changed him for the better.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1

im celibate and don't spend my time pursuing sex but try to better my self as a Christian. im not meant to have sex until marriage.

Oh, I see what you are saying. Thank you for the clarity.

• Like 1

What's that a threesome? Now don't that just put a WHOLE new spin on the meaning of the trinity!!! But that is really creepy, like God has some ideas how he "wants" sexual acts performed is like some pervy peeping Tom wanting to hide and watch while you do what he likes.

• Like 1

What's that a threesome? Now don't that just put a WHOLE new spin on the meaning of the trinity!!! But that is really creepy, like God has some ideas how he "wants" sexual acts performed is like some pervy peeping Tom wanting to hide and watch while you do what he likes.

I think this is a reflection of your personality rather than gods, I dare say you haven't got any thing he hasn't seen before lol

I know a young man who was raised Christian, he was raised to think that being gay is ooky, icky, and sinful. He is in college now and he met a bisexual girl and began a relationship with her, it changed everything for him. He told me that she shared the struggles she has encountered and poured her heart out to him, he said he would feel like a leper and miss the whole point of Jesus's message if he didn't change his mind. In fact, he says he loves this girl unconditionally, he thinks she was put into his life to open his mind and heart. He said she is the most amazing person he has ever met and she has changed him for the better.

That is a good story. Touching.

The bible states in Leviticus 18:22 "Thou Shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."

However can anyone really argue that gays do not feel love for each other? John 4:7-8. "Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of god; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

So how can us Christians say that homosexuals are not going to heaven? If they have true love, they obviously have god truly watching over them.

Being a Christian, I think our biggest problem with Christianity is that we seem to have forgotten these verses on matters such as these. Matthew 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgement ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest the speck that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the plank that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the speck out of thy brother's eye.

We need to worry about building our temple inside us instead of worrying about other peoples temple.

If I had one prayer that could be answered, I would pray that everyone gets to feel the love that I experience with my family every single day. If a man or woman is only able to find that love with someone of the same sex than who am I to say that they should not pursue? While I may not agree with homosexuality, it may just be that I do not understand how to put myself into their shoes. I do know what love is, and I do feel that every person should get to experience that in this fast life we live in today.

All I know is based on what I've read in the bible, I had better not judge. If I am judged the way I have judged people in the past god will surely have no place for me in heaven. I have been close minded at times when really, I shouldn't have even chimed in an opinion that may have effected others. May god give you all love whomever that may be with and may we all see eachother in heaven.

• Like 3

I think this is a reflection of your personality rather than gods, I dare say you haven't got any thing he hasn't seen before lol

And therein lies the problem.....people believing God has a personality, just a big overblown version of a human and over the years, the people who write the story of this God have projected their own personality including likes and dislikes, bias, prejudice, etc. onto that big overblown version of a human and called it a god.

Edited by ChloeB

John 4:7-8. "Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of god; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

this isn't talking about loving your wife or partner but your fellow Christians and fellow man.

That is called polygamy. A marriage of 3 or more people.

• Like 1

John 4:7-8. "Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of god; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

this isn't talking about loving your wife or partner but your fellow Christians and fellow man.

I know this. I also know that Jesus didn't come back to save my wife or partner specifically. We just happen to benefit from his awesomeness.

And therein lies the problem.....people believing God has a personality, just a big overblown version of a human and over the years, the people who write the story of this God have projected their own personality including likes and dislikes, bias, prejudice, etc. onto that big overblown version of a human and called it a god.

if god was like me, I wouldn't have to better my self lol

. as a heterosexual what do you think god wants from my sex life?

For you to keep it to yourself lol... :P

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 4

Well I guess people may think this partly because even if you cracked open your bible, and read for 5 minutes you would run across the verse in Genesis (assuming you start at beginning of bible) that says we are made in gods image. Genesis 1: 26 "And God said, Let us create man in our image, after our likeness:

I guess that would be a good start on where people get the idea that god is similar to us. Personality wise, probably not. Image wise, the bible says yes.

Edit: If you could see my body, you would know we are made in gods image. Haha, j/k j/k. Figured I would lighten the mood a bit.

Edited by Ugly1

God is always present and interested in our spiritual health. Learning to be intimate with god enhances relationships and puts sex in proper perspective since a. You will make choices that are beneficial to you and your partners spiritual growth and maturity b. You have learned a greater intamacy level that you can share with your mate. God is not like a man it is a spiritual thing, not a fleshly thing.

what do you base this on?

If a person is gay they are gay.. it has nothing to do woth you being heterosexual and putting god before your sexual life. A gay christian would be in the position to do the same, put god before thier sexual life. But that wouldn't make them not gay. So what im saying is that thier sexual life and thier relationship with god are a private matter to them. Just like your sexual life is a private matter to you. If you are involved in sexual activity that is unhealthy or ungodly god will rebuke you for that. If it is good and beneficial god will bless... same for anyone.

• Like 1

That is called polygamy. A marriage of 3 or more people.

Well I guess that settles it, God is a Mormon! :P

Well I guess people may think this partly because even if you cracked open your bible, and read for 5 minutes you would run across the verse in Genesis (assuming you start at beginning of bible) that says we are made in gods image. Genesis 1: 26 "And God said, Let us create man in our image, after our likeness:

I guess that would be a good start on where people get the idea that god is similar to us. Personality wise, probably not. Image wise, the bible says yes.

Edit: If you could see my body, you would know we are made in gods image. Haha, j/k j/k. Figured I would lighten the mood a bit.

Let me just take your word for it, mmmkay? Well just the word personality is indicative of a person. Image wise, you really think that is some human-looking God character lurking around somewhere in the heavens? Seems silly to me. But no, it's more than that, you can see it even in a thread like this, 2 Christians can read their same bible and here you'll have some saying Christians can be gay and some that will say no way. They have the same verses, the same words, but their idea of what God wants parallels their own. They have some people close that are gay or just like the story Sherapy told about the boy who believed all that being gay was sinful until someone came along that was gay and his beliefs didn't suit him anymore, so they change and of course they try to make it out God follows along right with them and claim it was all a big misunderstanding and reinterpret it all to make it work for them and their convenience.

Edited by ChloeB

God is always present and interested in our spiritual health. Learning to be intimate with god enhances relationships and puts sex in proper perspective since a. You will make choices that are beneficial to you and your partners spiritual growth and maturity b. You have learned a greater intamacy level that you can share with your mate. God is not like a man it is a spiritual thing, not a fleshly thing.

Shame and guilt are not healthy for your spiritual well-being and sex and sin is a huge part of Christianity, shaming and guilting are methods for control.

• Like 1