Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"If I were the devil"...

Jeremiah65

Pretty much nailed it I think...

Whether you believe in a God and the devil...is beside the point here. You can substitute "the devil" with "tyrant" and it still works just fine...

Enjoy this telling little 3 plus minutes of wisdom...recorded nearly 48 years ago...and then tell me it doesn't make a shiver run up your back...

• Like 2

Great video. Yep, sure felt a chill go down my spine....

• Like 2

If I were the devil I'd set people on fire for being jerks. ... I wouldn't be a very good devil, would I?

I think... Regardless of whether or not the devil is real, people have choices to make; what they watch on TV, what they wear, what they eat... I think it's time we turn off Honey Booboo, put down the fried snickers and put on our work boots and get back to work. Men and women alike. I think it's time we rebuild the worlds crumbling infrastructure and find a cure for cancer.

That speech isn't from 1965, it's a more updated version Harvey did in the 90's. He's done a few updates to the original piece he did in the 60's. Nonetheless, he does make great points in it. If I were the devil, I'd probably do a lot of the same things too. Probably a lot of other rotten things as well.

That speech isn't from 1965, it's a more updated version Harvey did in the 90's. He's done a few updates to the original piece he did in the 60's. Nonetheless, he does make great points in it. If I were the devil, I'd probably do a lot of the same things too. Probably a lot of other rotten things as well.

The graininess of the recording kind of lends itself to older, but I don't think the actual date of this particular recording is all that important...the fact that pretty much everything he says is obviously going on...

well...48 years ago...35 years ago...20 years ago...doesn't really matter.

In the 1940's German Concentration Camps, the Devil wore a death's head and called himself a "Sturmbannführer". Our devil today sits in an office in Washington DC and plots to destroy freedom and prosperity.

Edited by Jeremiah65

The graininess of the recording kind of lends itself to older, but I don't think the actual date of this particular recording it's all that important...the fact that pretty much everything he says is obviously going on...

In the 1940's German Concentration Camps, the Devil wore a death's head and called himself a "Sturmbannführer". Our devil today sits in an office in Washington DC and plots to destroy freedom and prosperity.

:clap: :clap:

The graininess of the recording kind of lends itself to older, but I don't think the actual date of this particular recording it's all that important...the fact that pretty much everything he says is obviously going on...

You are absolutely right that the words are good no matter the time frame.. I was just pointing out that it was a newer version of the speech. It was the line of drug sniffing dogs and metal detectors that tipped me off. Some revisions have been done since Harvey did the original version, and I think he is right to have revised the speech according to the times.

I think it matters when it came from for the sake of general historical and factual accuracy. Stating the OP video is a speech from 1965 is inaccurate. If one is going to cite history, might as well get the dates right.

And hey.. leave Godwin's Law out of it please... So much can be volatile in the threads like this without tossing that fuel on the fire.

If I were the devil I'd just surrender and wave the white flag.

Unless I have any chance to defeat God.