Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Need help decoding this dream!

FlyingAngel

I dreamed about an old beard man (not white beard man in white ie God) came to me, said something like : "after a long time of searching, I've finally found you."

Me: "What? Why? Who are you?"

He continues: "You are a latter (?) ".

... dream broken after some moment of (? ? ?)

The word that pronounced "lat-ter" bother mean. I mean in English, this word exists and that's the only word that pronounced like that but in this sentence, it doesn't make any sense.

I remember that sentence because it triggers some kind of emotion, it's not just easy forget as any other dream.

Well the old guy symbolizes 'a long time gone by, & to call you, "a Latter", is referring to time & what comes afterwards. Basically it is a symbolic message from one of your guardians saying that time seems to go on forever but in the end you will still be around. It's possibly a reference to your soul & how it lasts forever & so in the end you will still be alive regardless of what happens in earth life..

• Like 1

I remember that sentence because it triggers some kind of emotion, it's not just easy forget as any other dream.

Hi,

Yes I would agree. My suggestion, reenter the dream if you know how, or set up a follow up dream to receive clarification.

When emotions are trigger in dreams like this it is best to take action to support your inclinations, as I see it.

John

I dreamed about an old beard man (not white beard man in white ie God) came to me, said something like : "after a long time of searching, I've finally found you."

Me: "What? Why? Who are you?"

He continues: "You are a latter (?) ".

... dream broken after some moment of (? ? ?)

The word that pronounced "lat-ter" bother mean. I mean in English, this word exists and that's the only word that pronounced like that but in this sentence, it doesn't make any sense.

What emotion did it trigger?

Anything that would help to discern a meaning?

'A Latter', as opposed to a former?

If no meaning is forthcoming, could the word have been 'Ladder'?

Metaphorically, are you a ladder by which someone may advance or progress?

Maybe the emotion triggered is to feel special. The old man searched for me as if I'm a rare diamond.

I clearly heard the "lat" with a T, not a D ortherwise I would think about a ladder immediately.

I told only half of the story. I was watching a football match, on a chair near/around the field and this man came up...

Note that I'm not a fan of football, I don't have a TV and hardly see any news about football on the internet. So me watching a football match is a no no, doesn't make any sense.

Before waking up, I heard a voice poping up in my head. Could be his voice or my subconcious voice explainning the word "latter" whatever. It's not me in the dream that is saying it because there is no way I open my mouth to explain to myself a word I don't understand. The explanation is something like : "a latter is someone who doesn't care about picking a side (he talks about the football team, whether who win who lose doesn't matter)"

i don't think the world " latter " is the key word in the dream

the old " man or woman " in dream represent life in which way you saw it represent different thing

ugly .. handsome .. upside down ..

it's often refer to hard times the dreamer is having

saying i've finally found you could mean the dreamer would finally get a breakthrough in life

and life will start opening it's good doors for you

maybe it would help if you gave better describtions of this old man

where you saw him .. he came to your home ? was he in good dressing manners ? or bad ?

just my simple opinion

Sometimes I have a go at dream interpretation. I think to be successful, one needs to know something about the person having the dream. Since I don't know you, I will give you some suggestions and maybe those suggestions can get you thinking about the dream and what is happening in your life to have led to it.

I believe dreams are often symbolic, but I do not believe the symbols are necessarily universal. By that I mean, the symbol you see in a dream could have a meaning for you where if I had a dream with the same symbol, it could mean something different to me.

With those understandings, I will give your dream a shot.

You were sitting at a football game. You have already said that you do not care about football and apparently being at that game seemed odd to you. These words you heard in the dream explain your feeling about being at that game.

The explanation is something like : "a latter is someone who doesn't care about picking a side (he talks about the football team, whether who win who lose doesn't matter)"

I think these words mean that whoever wins or loses the game didn't matter to you. It may be that the football game represents life in general. A football stadium is full of people who are either directly involved in the game (players, coaches, game officials, scorekeepers) and those who are watching and following the game closely, hoping that their team wins. You, however, were different. You were a neutral observer, not caring one way or the other about the outcome. If the game represents life, then maybe you feel that you are not involved enough in life, but want to be and thus the entrance of the bearded man.

Apparently, the bearded man hunted you down specifically wanting to explain this to you. He called you a "latter." When I hear that word used, I think of one of two things. One is the Latter Day Saints (the Mormons). Unless you have some association with that church or know someone who is, then I doubt the word meant the mormons to you. Then there is the standard definition of the word which we would all use. That definition is:

lat·ter

/ˈlætthinsp.pngər/ former ):

1. being the second mentioned of two ( distinguished from former ): I prefer the latter offer to the former one.

2. more advanced in time; later: in these latter days of human progress.

3. near or comparatively near to the end: the latter part of the century.

4. Obsolete , last; final.

So the word latter means something later in time than something else or near the end of something. It could be that you feel that you are near the end of something. Maybe you are near the end of being a neutral observer or you want to be near the end of that mindset.

So here it is all wrapped up. You want to change your life in some way, though you may be reluctant to admit to yourself that you need to change it. The man (maybe your subconscious) hunted you down to explain all of that to you so your conscious mind would realize it and take control of your life and change it for the better.

I find it to be an optimistic dream and also one of self-analysis which is healthy indeed.

I hope it works out for you.

Edited by BarnabasCollins
  • Like 2

It's a bread crumb. When you encounter the word again follow it.

@BarnabasCollins Nice analysis. Yeah I'm about to do some projects for a change. Whether it be guardian angel or subconscious, it's quite dumb : sending a message that I don't understand. It's like teaching quantum mechanic to a dog :P

It's a bread crumb. When you encounter the word again follow it.

How do follow a word? And a word you don't understand? :D

@BarnabasCollins Nice analysis. Yeah I'm about to do some projects for a change. Whether it be guardian angel or subconscious, it's quite dumb : sending a message that I don't understand. It's like teaching quantum mechanic to a dog :P

How do follow a word? And a word you don't understand? :D

You just do. It will show itself, then just follow it.

I had a vision once where I was instructed to to carefully watch something called a "housamen". For years I did not know what this word was until a came across a group of guys that were roommates that lived in this house that used to be a small church. I gave lessons to one of the young men for free and I carefully guided him away from the others because they were destructively abusive towards him. Infact, I think he had some undiagnosed aspergers. I got him to move back with his parents. But indeed it was a house of men liveing in a house where god was praised...... A house...amen ...."housamen".

A double play on context. Sometimes visions can have tripple or quadrupple dimensions to them. Jus pay attention and you will be guided.

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 1

Sometimes I have a go at dream interpretation. I think to be successful, one needs to know something about the person having the dream.

I can't stress that enough. Translating someone's personal dream blindly online; I always get bothered when people do it with such an air of confidence and authority. The world of difference a "just my opinion" or "it could mean" make.

I'll just add that I also have a somewhat recurring character of an old man type in my dreams. He is one of 3 recurring character types I meet: the girl, the old man, and 'another guy my age'. They all help me in many ways in my dreams, and I like them all a lot. The old man is often a teacher of sorts, the girl is a light hearted female companion, and the 'another guy my age' a helpful friend.

Maybe you'll have more dreams of this old man, and he will start to become a recurring character for you.

And about the word, maybe you will figure it out along the line. I also get some pretty provocative messages in dreams that I don't understand, but am willing to let sit until I possibly figure them out. Things like:

"tread lightly, for ours is the way of the serpent"