Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Human Body Part Discovered

Still Waters

The newest addition to human anatomy is just 15 microns thick, but its discovery will make eye surgery safer and simpler. Harminder Dua, a professor at the University of Nottingham, recently found a new layer in the human cornea, and he's calling it (can you guess?) Dua's layer.

http://www.popsci.co...vered-human-eye

• Like 5

941131_645751925452637_765136484_n.jpg

great ... this kid might need to get the eyes redone in the future ...

~

• Like 5

obviously the creationists knew it was there all along.....

:-)

• Like 5

:lol:

Play nice boys.

This is interesting. I've had laser treatment on the layer right before so I don't know if my right eye still has the Dua layer.

I'm no scientist, but I must admit I find it rather surprising that the ultra-thin membrane was not discovered earlier.

I thought that body parts were sliced, diced and examined closely years ago. Guess I was wrong.

Glad they found it for the reasons given in the article.

• Like 4

Play nice boys.

This is interesting. I've had laser treatment on the layer right before so I don't know if my right eye still has the Dua layer.

If by playing nice you refer to the "God vs. evolution debate," sadly that's not likely to happen. Every time there is a scientific discovery, or an article on religion, the various camps mount an attack and/or a defense.

To me this extra layer in the eye only suggests a few things: 1. that, despite dealing with a throughly studied and well know subject (i.e. human anatomy), scientists don't know everything and 2. as better diagnostic tools are created they may learn more.

As for the never ending debate, I like Dr. Chuck Missler's videos on YouTube which deal with both science and religion. His explanations are both interesting and also show there is much to learn in both disciplines.

A previously undiscovered body part measuring a mere 15 microns has been identified by scientists.

I wondered where that got to, well it was a very cold day... :blush:

• Like 2

Who would have known.... something we don't know about the human body....

941131_645751925452637_765136484_n.jpg

great ... this kid might need to get the eyes redone in the future ...

~

Cute!!

Say thanks for those who donate their body for this discovery

I'm on the donor list... they can have whatever I don't need when I die... which will be everything.

• Like 3

I'm on the donor list... they can have whatever I don't need when I die... which will be everything.

Really guess it depends how much is left when the raptor finishes with you...

Really guess it depends how much is left when the raptor finishes with you...

Another good way to go... cycle of life 'n all that crap... lol

• Like 2

Another good way to go... cycle of life 'n all that crap... lol

531700_395777967154948_136732711_n.jpg

you get the prize !!

:tu:

~

• Like 2

That is so cool!

318830_395166440549434_554455670_n.jpg

tag ... you're it .... :yes:

:lol:

~

Edited by third_eye
  • Like 1

Maybe it is a part of human evolution. I know that my eye Dr. tells me I have more rods and cones than most people, while I have recently been seeing a lot more fluorescence in flowers, ocean waves, clouds and so on. Colors come right at me sometimes.

So what if this is a new part of our biological system?

Edited by regeneratia
  • Like 1

Maybe it is a part of human evolution. I know that my eye Dr. tells me I have more rods and cones than most people, while I have recently been seeing a lot more fluorescence in flowers, ocean waves, clouds and so on. Colors come right at me sometimes.

So what if this is a new part of our biological system?

Except that we don't know if it's a good or bad evolution. I prefer the term mutation rather evolution.

Except that we don't know if it's a good or bad evolution. I prefer the term mutation rather evolution.

I have stopped placing judgements on things, ... mostly. I don't think "is this good or bad?" when I am assessing something, when I am considering something. IMHO, everything has a little bit of good AND bad in it. It is the amount of good or bad that seems to be most addressed.

Shakespeare says that there is nothing good or bad but thinking makes it so. Dr. Robert Anthony says that there is nothing good or bad, just different sets of consequences.

Either/or thinking is just not something I do. But if I am seeing more of the spectrum of colors, I adore it.

Edited by regeneratia
  • Like 1