Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

man survives two days under the sea

seeder

"Nigerian survives two days at sea, in underwater air pocket"

A Nigerian man has survived for two-and-a-half days trapped 30m (98ft) deep in freezing seawater.

Harrison Okene, 29, was on board the tug boat Jascon-4 when it capsized in heavy swells. It sank to the seabed, upside down, but Mr Harrison was trapped in an air pocket and able to breathe.

Of the other 12 people on board, 10 bodies have already been found and Mr Harrison is assumed to be the only survivor. Mr Harrison told Reuters journalist Joe Brock that he could hear fish eating the dead bodies of his fellow crew members.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-22888828

Now THAT would have freaked me out BIG TIME!!

• Like 8

A miracle of perfect conditions coming together.

Still that is bound to make one grateful for life whether they believe in a higher power or not. Hope he goes on to do wonderful things for those around him and to continue if he already has.

• Like 2

That would be a horrible experience to hear fish eating people. Which I guess it would be worse to see it or be one of them. Its amazing he survived bet he won't be the same.

• Like 3

You can just imagine that divers sheer fright cant you? There to retrieve the bodies...then in the utter darkness one grabs him!

• Like 3

Unimaginable!

• Like 2

Unimaginable!

:tu: and reasonable to assume he now has a phobia of boats no doubt...

• Like 1

:tu: and reasonable to assume he now has a phobia of boats no doubt...

And salt water, fishes, dark places, claustrophobia even being submerged in a bathtub would bring back memories.

• Like 1

And salt water, fishes, dark places, claustrophobia even being submerged in a bathtub would bring back memories.

Tell me about it!!

Hhe already says this about sleeping:- "Mr Harrison describes his story as a "miracle", but he also told Reuters: "When I am at home sometimes it feels like the bed I am sleeping in is sinking. I think I'm still in the sea again. I jump up and I scream."

• 3 weeks later...

Incredible. What an ordeal for the poor guy. I'm guessing the only thought in your mind would be to just hold on until a rescue crew arrived, and to just survive. You'd probably be thinking about your family too. But just the pitch blackness and sea water for hour after hour after hour. Blow that. And your dead mates floating around being eaten by fish, right next to you. You'd have to have a strong mind to survive that in one piece.

• Like 2