Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Favourite Game/ Quiz Shows

Beckys_Mom

I recently ( several weeks ago ) begun watching a nerve wrecking quiz show called - The Chase ...I call it nerve wrecking because of the part of the show where the remaining contestants have 2 mins to answer as many general knowledge questions as possible before facing the chaser ...If they answer 25 or over correctly within the 2 mins, then they have a good chance in beating the chaser...If however, they answer 18 - 20, it can you on the edge of your seat

The chaser is someone who is top dog at general knowledge, ( best of the best ) who then comes on to answer the same amount of questions the contestants scored correctly... If he or she gets a question wrong, they stop the clock and the contestants have a chance to answer it correctly and it will push the chaser back one... I love watching this, keeping your eyes on the clock, and the amount of questions the chaser answers usually has me glued to the TV..More so when the chaser fumbles and gets one wrong...I am on the edge of my seat, sometimes shouting out the answers ( as you do lol ) It's good fun..... When I am out and really busy, I have my planner set to record it, I hate to miss the show.. ( sad I know but I like it )

Another good game show / quiz - is - The Million Pound Drop... I like that one too, not as good as The Chase, but still worth watching..Many play it on line, it seems to be really popular.

I used to love - Who wants to be a millionaire and The Weakest Link ...But now - The Chase has me hooked...

What are your personal past and present game / quiz shows?

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 2

The Chase sounds like something I'd like! We don't have it here (U.S.) as far as I know. But we'll probably get an American version soon enough.

I like reruns of "Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader?" only because it makes me feel smart lol. As my learnin' stopped around elementary school, I fear. :yes:

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

I used to run all the way to the corner coffee shop to watch this one // still my favorite till this very day ....

~

• Like 1

15 to 1.

william g. stewart ROCKS!!

(and blockbusters too, for 'da kidz')

:-)

• Like 1

I like are you smarter than a fifth grader. I win at home all the time so I guess I am smarter than a fifth grader.

• Like 1

I have always been a fan of the favourites. Wheel of Fortune, Family Feud (all Australian versions, of course). One show called "Catch Phrase" was a particular favourite of mine. I suppose I was also interested in Sale of the Century, but considering my age at the time I always preferred the other types of show (I could actually answer the questions before the contestants could). Currently, I confess I do enjoy a bit of Deal or no Deal, it's fun, and Andrew O'Keefe (yes, the direct relation to JOK, Johnny O'Keefe) makes it interesting, I am a fan.

I admit I have never heard of The Chase. Might go down well here, might not. I can see the appeal in it.

Edited by Paranoid Android
  • Like 1

The Chase sounds like something I'd like! We don't have it here (U.S.) as far as I know. But we'll probably get an American version soon enough.

I like reruns of "Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader?" only because it makes me feel smart lol. As my learnin' stopped around elementary school, I fear. :yes:

I think you could like it... If America finally manage to take it on, they could either call it - The Chase USA OR The Chaser..

We have the UK's version - Are you smarter than a 10 year old? ...I used to watch it, it's not bad...It can surprise you with some of hte questions..Remindingyou of the things you may have forgotten when you were that young...

15 to 1.

william g. stewart ROCKS!!

(and blockbusters too, for 'da kidz')

:-)

I forgot about Blockbusters... "Gimme a B please Bob " lol...Good show but crappy prizes !..

I have always been a fan of the favourites. Wheel of Fortune, Family Feud (all Australian versions, of course). One show called "Catch Phrase" was a particular favourite of mine. I suppose I was also interested in Sale of the Century, but considering my age at the time I always preferred the other types of show (I could actually answer the questions before the contestants could). Currently, I confess I do enjoy a bit of Deal or no Deal, it's fun, and Andrew O'Keefe (yes, the direct relation to JOK, Johnny O'Keefe) makes it interesting, I am a fan.

I admit I have never heard of The Chase. Might go down well here, might not. I can see the appeal in it.

Family Feud I think began in America.. The UK have their version named - Family Fortunes... It goes like - "We asked 100 people if BM is likely to make a popular thread, and our survey said X *uuhhh uhhhhhhh* lol

You mentioned - Catch Phrase.. I used to like that many moons ago...My mother was hooked on it more so...

Deal or no deal ... I was addicted to it for quite some time.. I would watch it more so at work during my dinner break.. I deliberately took my dinner break late after everyone else, just to see it.....The staff were so used to me watching it in our canteen, they used to call my phone to remind me it was on, and I'd drop all, then dash up to the canteen to see it......I always wanted to see someone say DEAL in the first round on the bankers first offer, just to see the look on Edmonds face lol............When there are some greedy buggers on it that annoy me, I keep hoping they open all of the big reds in the first and second round..I know I am evil.. :devil:

For those of you that have never heard or seen The Chase... I have a couple of short but funny clips from the game show.....

This next one is hilarious ....

[media=]

Edited by Beckys_Mom