Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Toy..

Professor T

Ok, so I'm not one to advertise products.. This isn't Spam......... but get a load of this..

EEG's can now be brought for under $100.00

I think It will be fascinating to see ones own EEG Brainwave patterns live. It may be especially useful as it measures Attentive & Meditative states of consciousness, as well as the know Alpha though to Theta levels of consciousness.

nlzwup.jpg

The list of applications for this type of device is growing & includes Games & applications that can be run using thoughts alone..

The potential for discovery seems high on this type on device..

Thoughts??

Pls let us know how it goes for you and be specific. I would go and get it but if my brainwaves dont speak english, im afraid I dont know what they're saying. Im interested in hearing more...

• Like 1

I've ordered one today.. Will definitely give it a review and post my thoughts here..

• Like 2

I'd like to hear thoughts on how it works out. The idea of technology reading my own thoughts freaks me out a bit though :unsure: Guess I'm just old fashioned.

• Like 1

Usually I rip stuff for my consciousness betterment, but this .....this I want.

Self -monitoring of brainwaves would be gold to me. Can't wait for your review.

I'd like to hear thoughts on how it works out. The idea of technology reading my own thoughts freaks me out a bit though :unsure: Guess I'm just old fashioned.

It's more basic, more like a toy one can use to exercise the mind as opposed to reading it.. Such as this short 29s video demo of using and EEG device to raise a ball..

This is a demo of mind over matter, the program will raise the ball only if your mind his calm and medative. hence you are using your mind or state of mind to raise the ball.

Usually I rip stuff for my consciousness betterment, but this .....this I want.

Self -monitoring of brainwaves would be gold to me. Can't wait for your review.

Can't wait to test a whole lot of theories I have..

Such as the difference between brain wave patterns when listening to Iron Maiden vs' Abba..

Or reading articles, posts, consuming information and seeing by the changes of frequency and vibrations that such ingestion of information causes is going to be enlightening to say the least..

It's about seeing the waves, patterns, vibrations.

• Like 2

Yes do give a thorough review. I would like to record brainwaves during certain times for play back. This could be an amazing tool for bio feedback.

It's more basic, more like a toy one can use to exercise the mind as opposed to reading it.. Such as this short 29s video demo of using and EEG device to raise a ball..

This is a demo of mind over matter, the program will raise the ball only if your mind his calm and medative. hence you are using your mind or state of mind to raise the ball.

[media=]

[/media]

This sounds like it could be a very useful tool in helping people who feel like they can't meditate (like me 99% of the time) to figure something out. They would be able to literally see what works and what doesn't in calming their mind, if I'm understanding this right.

• Like 1

This sounds like it could be a very useful tool in helping people who feel like they can't meditate (like me 99% of the time) to figure something out. They would be able to literally see what works and what doesn't in calming their mind, if I'm understanding this right.

I really don't know if I could or even would trust some piece of technology to teach me or anyone to meditate.. I don't even trust these binaural beats though I do play around with them from time to time.. Meditation for me is fluid, technology or Binaural beats is structured. Am sure there are Meditation Aps for it, including several that measured & record your brainwaves and patterns..

The Device measures the physical brain waves, it'll be great for feedback in that respect, But I really wont know how useful it is or can be for meditation practices or anything else of that nature till I get my hands on it..

Might be more than 2 weeks away.. <_< I want my new Toy now!

Edited to add: The games and things for this could be beneficial as far as helping people to meditate or control their own thoughts eventually.. I can see though, that there is potential for damage or misuse.

Edited by Professor T

This has the makings of a sci-fi movie....

It does..

check this out.. Here's an App for meditating, more like a game I think.. All played by meditation.

Here's another example.. Way cool...

[media=]

[/media] Edited by Professor T

• 4 weeks later...

The New Toy has arrived.

This has the makings of a sci-fi movie....

Ya once jacked in the government can now do pre crime.

I wonder if this could be used to help someone with ADD or perhaps even mild autism...

• Like 1

So how is it? Does it do what it advertises well, or is it a flop?

• Like 1

It's a bit to early to make any conclusions yet.. It's a blue tooth device that I can only run on my Tablet notepad, My Main PC doesn't have bluetooth yet, but I am working on it so I will be able to post screenshots etc in a week or so..

So far though, I'm finding that the device seems to be operating like they say it will. I meditated with it on on Friday, and was able to maintain levitating a ball up to 13 meters high on the Tablet.. Though I must admit it didn't "feel" like I was really meditating (maybe at a low level), though the device seemed to read that I was..

Interesting point....

My sister visited on Friday while I was trying it out.. We started talking, well, she did, and lo & behold the tablet started chiming to indicate that I was falling into a meditative state? This sort of indicated that I was going into a meditative state regarding the topic of conversation.. Also, even when reading, thinking, everything, the two meters that indicate meditation & attention were moving all over the show, I guess showing my state of mind.. If these EEG results are correct, they are indicating that I fall into these states quite regularly..

There are 8 levels of brain-waves recorded from low Alpha to High Gamma.. It's interesting watching the fluctuations, Lol.. I tend to sit quite high on the Gamma & Theta brain-waves, which is amusing because that is exactly how Blu3 once described how people who meditate are usually "top heavy" & "head in the clouds" which pretty much describes my standard Brain-waves to a T..

There are heaps of different App's and functions I'm wanting to check out, but need to get my Bluetooth on the PC sorted first. There's mediation journals that track and record brainwaves during sessions, there's games which promote meditation, Attention games that record and track your attention levels while performing mathematical calculations, and games designed for enhancing Lucid dreaming and believe it or not, visualization app's for dreaming..

But like I said, it's a bit too early to tell if it is worth it or functional.. I actually mediated on the question of whether the EEG was going to be worth it, and the answer I got back was "kick-start" which I guess is positive..

Will definitely post more results once I get my PC sorted..

• Like 2

I wonder if this could be used to help someone with ADD or perhaps even mild autism...

The attention meeter & Apps most likely could? Though I'm no expert..

interesting, makes me want to get one.

Question: could it monitor your brainwaves and show which ones you are using when say writing a post on the forum, to an email, to while you are generally chatting ?

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy
  • Like 1

:santa: can see it now, in the future our devices automatically indicate what brain waves we were using when applying our thoughts or writing to something. Can imagine what UM would look like if everyone could see the results per post of what brain waves each person was in per post - hilarious.
  • Like 3

interesting, makes me want to get one.

Question: could it monitor your brainwaves and show which ones you are using when say writing a post on the forum, to an email, to while you are generally chatting ?

Yes, it can monitor your brainwaves and show the different levels in use when writing, reading, and basically whatever state of mind or actions you are performing at the time. That is why I decided to buy one and see, though I haven't really put it to my tests yet.. Even when listening to music I would like to see the difference of state of mind between Rage against the machine & Simon n' Garfunkel.

Basically My thoughts are this..

Brain and mind are separate.. The brainwaves show brainwaves, but the mind I think, must leave a fingerprint in the brainwaves.. If I am reading a post that is written with positive energy and truth behind it, the brain deciphers words, but the mind perceives that energy.. likewise, a piece of propaganda with negative energy sponsoring it means little to the brain because it's only deciphering words, but the mind would perceive a polar opposite of sponsoring energy. I would love it if the EEG could be used to visually see & decipher Mind reactions like this.. kind of like a backup device or confirmation for the power of discretion.

I wouldn't be in a rush to go buy one though.. I'm naturally suspicious about something that can connect to your brain. Sure it's only reading, but that is only one step away from writing.. And I did end up with a slight headache afterwards that made me suspicious enough to run off to my higher self and ask if it was worth it. Call be paranoid, but I don't want to promote something that could in away way be harmful to peoples ability to connect to their higher helpers or damage their ability to properly meditate.

• Like 3

I would love it if the EEG could be used to visually see & decipher Mind reactions like this.. kind of like a backup device or confirmation for the power of discretion.

That would be cool, but it would only work based on your own level of discernment which is totalled by the belief systems you hold and what you have personally deprogrammed from, in other words what filter is influencing your perceptions in the background. Although this is what could make it it's genius.

Propaganda relies on triggering emotionally vested stereotypical/archetypical constructs so in a sense it tries to take energy sigs from one thing to mask over another, i'm being told this even tho it doesn't make sense, how do i know it is true ? because i am discerning the energy of the information and it is the energy sig that lies behind every thought, word and intent. So yes as long as your mind is trained and developed in the first place through good old fashioned training, then the more trained a person is the more they will get out of something like this. If the device was set to sense fear as well as positives, then that would change the scope of everything completely, because everything information wise in our world is fear based just about.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy
  • Like 2

I see countless personal applications for this device, and am really an inch from buying one of my own.

• Like 2

That would be cool, but it would only work based on your own level of discernment which is totalled by the belief systems you hold and what you have personally deprogrammed from, in other words what filter is influencing your perceptions in the background. Although this is what could make it it's genius.

Propaganda relies on triggering emotionally vested stereotypical/archetypical constructs so in a sense it tries to take energy sigs from one thing to mask over another, i'm being told this even tho it doesn't make sense, how do i know it is true ? because i am discerning the energy of the information and it is the energy sig that lies behind every thought, word and intent. So yes as long as your mind is trained and developed in the first place through good old fashioned training, then the more trained a person is the more they will get out of something like this. If the device was set to sense fear as well as positives, then that would change the scope of everything completely, because everything information wise in our world is fear based just about.

That insight was Mindbogglingly nonsensical, but ironically something about it rings true.. (am picturing propaganda as a stick that pokes and prods the Klingon's in my brain to try and get a reaction.)

I totally agree on good old fashioned training and development, and I wouldn't personally trust such a device as the one I'm wearing on my head right now to teach or train one to meditate. Though I see it's benefits as a feedback device. And as I type this, occasional glances and ringing from my tablet tells me that meditation and attention spike from time to time..

(here's a screenshot of my brainwaves reading your insight.)

High Delta..

2rw6fpc.jpg

I see countless personal applications for this device, and am really an inch from buying one of my own.

Me too. But I'm still learning it and trying to figure a lot of it out.

Amd pretty sure the Anttention meter works perfectly, as trying to make sense of difficult things make's it spike

(here's a screenshot of my brainwaves reading your post.)

High Gamma & Theta.

30mpn5f.jpg

Edited to add: Wow, I was paying more attention to Only's post? But More meditative on Blue's.. mind you, I've read Blue's post a dozen times already..

Edited by Professor T