Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chinese to build a canal through Nicaraugua

Merc14

http://www.extremete...ete-with-panama

Chinese company plans to build Nicaraguan canal to compete with Panama

It has been almost a century since the Panama Canal opened to shipping traffic, and it is still the only route ships can take to cut across the Central American isthmus. Even before the Panama Canal began construction, Nicaragua dreamed of building a similar shipping lane connecting the Pacific and Caribbean. Yesterday the Nicaraguan government approved legislation giving a little-known Chinese company exclusive rights to build that canal. The Great Nicaraguan Canal will be one of the most incredible engineering undertakings in history.

Rest of article here

http://www.extremete...ete-with-panama

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 2

OOps.. the great plan of splitting Panama from Nicaragua about to go down the drain? Can't be secure about anything anymore...

I wouldn't trust the Chinese to dig a trench in my back garden.

So China will practically own Nicaragua, if it helps the country..so what!

from the article:

The project is estimated to cost upwards of $40 billion, and could balloon considerably as construction proceeds. The legislation, pushed through by the Nicaraguan president, permits HK Nicaragua Canal Developmentlb_icon1.png Investment (HKND Group) to plan and build the canal, but also a new rail line, an oil pipeline, two deep water ports, two international airports, and a series of free-trade zones along the canal.

HKND are based in Hong Kong, and the Chinese have the exclusive rights to build it.

Oil pipelines, international airports and a free trade zone along the canal.

The Chinese will own even more of America after this. Lets hope they do employ the people of Nicaragua and not import their own "skilled" workers.

Yeah, of course China's sub-standard labor practices have given them wealth to build such a project, and would allow their sub-standard products to be shipped on their own accord, increasing their wealth.

I find it very disturbing. But just my opinion.

50-years from now... America and the rest of the free-world, "Made in China"

And then, "Obey China"

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

In addition, I wonder if the Western World is up to the task of producing similar products as China, at their prices, without the repugnant forced-labor camps and measely wages of non-forced labor.

That would change the tide of events.

EDIT: Sorry, I went off-topic. My bad.

Edited by pallidin

In addition, I wonder if the Western World is up to the task of producing similar products as China, without the repugnant forced-labor camps and measely wages of non-forced labor.

That would change the tide of events.

China use chinese people. The western world have too many human rights law and equality rules to do any of that............with out a war on the streets.

• Like 1

Well China is doing the good thing, they built roads all over Africa and another canal will ease the traffic on the Panama canal

Well China is doing the good thing, they built roads all over Africa and another canal will ease the traffic on the Panama canal

Africa has had enough money to do the job themselves over the years. But money does not substitute for brains, maybe they should have used the money on building roads instead of buying guns and stealing off their own people to fund their riches even further,.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

Sure, but it is to increase their own wealth regardless of internationally recognized normality of manufacturing; particularly child labor, forced-labor, and incredibly sub-standard wages, which often means they must labor for life with extremely minimal compensation, and sometimes not at all.

Sorry, I have zero respect for the leader's of China.

Edited by pallidin

OOps.. the great plan of splitting Panama from Nicaragua about to go down the drain? Can't be secure about anything anymore...

Not nicaragua, colombia.

Not nicaragua, colombia.

If you want to have it so exact, it was the Isthmian States (anything South of Mexico and North of Colombia), that was split up in the northern and southern part, where the Southern part plus Colombia formed the Republic of New Granada and the northern part fell apart into Guatemala, San Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua and Costa Rica, then it was independent again, then was forced to join Colombia again and finally gained independence through the watermelon war. All this between 1841 and 1856.

So, yes, at the end it split from Colombia, at the beginning from Nicaragua just like all Isthmian States

there was a water-melon war??

c-o-o-o-l-l-l.....

:-)

No quite, it was one of those many occasions where we did not do anything to get respected by our Southerly neighbors, as far as foreign relation goes it was a disaster... so much that almost the French build the Panama Canal and would have had they not run out of money.

• Like 1

Lets hope they do employ the people of Nicaragua and not import their own "skilled" workers.

and maybe the odd itinerant british engineer who fancies getting a suntan....?

;-)

you guys have not been updated on the current situation in China .... still thinking China is stuck in the 80's ... or maybe its the thinking that is stuck in the 80's

is everything the same ... has nothing changed ... ? No

is everything changed ... has nothing stayed the same ? No also ...

:tu:

~

Maybe, it is time for us to build our new canal. Along the mexican border.

• Like 1