Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hassan Rouhani is Iran's next president

Persia

That just reveals you to me as unable to think clearly and objectively.

I went through the American war, and before that it was the French, and before that the Japanese. At the time -- of course I don't really remember the Japanese -- I was just a child -- I never hated French or Americans the way Yamato seems to hate Americans. Now I see him trying to use my experience to advance his distorted political agenda. It is unfortunate.

We all have to make our way in the same world. To do that we are much better off forgetting and forgiving and, even more important, seeing things from different perspectives. The extreme views that I see here are discouraging. They are entirely too one-sided and too close minded.

• Like 2

I went through the American war, and before that it was the French, and before that the Japanese. At the time -- of course I don't really remember the Japanese -- I was just a child -- I never hated French or Americans the way Yamato seems to hate Americans. Now I see him trying to use my experience to advance his distorted political agenda. It is unfortunate.

We all have to make our way in the same world. To do that we are much better off forgetting and forgiving and, even more important, seeing things from different perspectives. The extreme views that I see here are discouraging. They are entirely too one-sided and too close minded.

You know what I really hate? I hate BS.

You know what I really hate? I hate BS.

Dismissing what people who disagree with you say as "BS" is a cop-out.

• Like 1

That all depends. If you just make statements with no factual basis whatever, no.

he just loves Iran even though he has not been there

he just loves Iran even though he has not been there

Yeah because I don't bend over and take whatever p*** the government tells me to, I must love whatever it's BSing about? With standards of understanding that low, why do homework and gather any evidence for what people say at all? Just believe whatever the government tells you. If "Frank Merton" tells you that Iran is "building bombs" don't question it, just sit down and believe it. Let people like me do the critical thinking.

Most relevant to western rotgut hypocrisy, they aren't building bombs. The US built 10,000 Bombs but the Saudis stone their women for being victims of violent crime so that's okay. Even if I put the hypocrisy aside, what bombs? You've drunk the kool aid, Merton. There isn't a bomb in sight. It's western propaganda in denial of all evidence. I don't believe anyone alive in Vietnam today could be this much of an apologist of US hegemony.

Don't think because someone has an "international view" not found in either the mainstream media or the libertarian watchdog media that they are standing in the punch line at Jamestown.

It seems some have to either be for the mainstream view or totally against it but there is no room for nuance or third-sight views.

On another note, judging Rouhani by how he is dressed is judging a book by its cover.

Second of all, expecting change in Iran overnight is unrealistic.

Finally, change comes gradual, it is called progressive and is not about speed but direction.

If the revolution is too slow for some keep in mind that if you want to go fast go alone but if you want to go far go together.

Even if the "Supreme Islamic Council" selected all the candidates one of them was more moderate than the rest. The one the majority voted for. The one the youth voted for.

That is substantial change for that society. Just because Rouhani asserts their right to nuclear energy does not mean he is a rabid at the mouth jihadist just as we are not the Great Satan.

Don't think because someone has an "international view" not found in either the mainstream media or the libertarian watchdog media that they are standing in the punch line at Jamestown.

It seems some have to either be for the mainstream view or totally against it but there is no room for nuance or third-sight views.

On another note, judging Rouhani by how he is dressed is judging a book by its cover.

Second of all, expecting change in Iran overnight is unrealistic.

Finally, change comes gradual, it is called progressive and is not about speed but direction.

If the revolution is too slow for some keep in mind that if you want to go fast go alone but if you want to go far go together.

Even if the "Supreme Islamic Council" selected all the candidates one of them was more moderate than the rest. The one the majority voted for. The one the youth voted for.

That is substantial change for that society. Just because Rouhani asserts their right to nuclear energy does not mean he is a rabid at the mouth jihadist just as we are not the Great Satan.

Oh that's drinking the booberry juice because there is no evidence for what Merton said. He's just serving the propaganda across the internet like the whole of the media. There's no room there for third views or second views. It's all a lockstep mountain of BS repeatedly implying and repeatedly stating that Iran is building nukes.

In 2009, incoming head of the IAEA, Yukiya Amano, said there was no evidence in official IAEA documents that indicated that Iran was seeking to develop nuclear weapons,[44] and in 2013, Seyed Hossein Mousavian, former spokesman for Iran's nuclear negotiators, said that "there is no diversion of Iran's nuclear program toward weaponization", adding that, supported by over 4000 man-days of inspections, "there is no conclusive evidence that Iran has made any effort to build a nuclear bomb since 2003; and that the Iranian leadership has not yet made a political decision to build an actual weapon"

In fact, the U.S. director of national intelligence, James Clapper, testified in March 2011 that he has a high level of confidence that Iran has not even made such a decision. [47] but also says that intelligence agencies "do not know whether it currently intends to develop nuclear weapons." [47] Hans Blix, former head of the International Atomic Energy Agency, currently head of Blix and Associates said, "So far Iran has not violated NPT and there is no evidence right now that suggests that Iran is producing nuclear weapons."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanctions_against_Iran#Nonproliferation

What "substantial change" is that? You're just parroting the media line too. That book is all cover. The President of Iran is a figurehead with no real power to decide policy. I don't care what rhetoric he uses, it's policy that counts. He's more Ayatollah than his predecessor though, and his dress reflects that, probably explaining the Supreme Council's approval of the candidate. Iran is already the most inspected nation in the history of IAEA inspections. As if even more inspections of an ongoing nuclear and enrichment program is going to matter. There's no satisfying these Zionists. They want their bombs and they want to eat them too.

• Like 2