Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

fish out of my pond

Overdueleaf

after doing some fising today, i feel the urge to share some of the fish i have caught out of my pond... here is the first one a nice catfish

post-129343-0-00245600-1371341914_thumb.

• Like 8

here is a a bass that my son caught.. he didnt know how to work the drag on his pole so it took him an hour to reel in.. he was so stoked .. and his adrenaline was pumping

post-129343-0-72759800-1371342187_thumb.

• Like 6

That's a nice looking fish. Would taste great rolled in some Louisiana Fish Fry then deep fried.

• Like 3

the cat fish I would do this number :

asam+pedas.jpg

assam pedas link

Assam Pedas, or literally “sour spicy,” is a classic Malaysian dish. Ask any home cooks in Malaysia–Malay, Chinese, or Indian–and you are bound to get various recipes for Assam Pedas. Everyone has their own interpretation for this favorite dish and there are endless adaptations; suffice it to say, it’s sour, fiery hot, and tastes extraordinarily satisfying

you can work any fish into a feast ... but then you'll have to like white fluffy rice ... :lol:

~

• Like 1

Here are some I got out of nearby lake two summers ago.

2w5vfc8.jpg

2qau545.jpg

2iuwaki.jpg

2uhsrpl.jpg

Nothing quite like that catfish, but fresh panfish are lightly floured with black pepper and some crushed barley and pan fried.

• Like 2

It's a fresh water pond on your property ? It must be huge

its about a 1/2 acre pond that is 22ft deep.. not real big but we do have some monster bass catfish and grass carp in there as well as nice sized panfish........ our grass carp look like submarines from the road.. il have to try and get a picture of them.. we have 3 that are about 4ft long and one that is about 3 ft long

this doesnt show the carp but here is my pond

post-129343-0-38761500-1371355318_thumb.

Edited by Overdueleaf
  • Like 1

Caught a decent sunfish today, little over 7 inches probably.

oUqFnBss.jpg

here is a great 20 inch large mouth bass i caught off of a bluegill (i was using worms and caught the bluegill which got swallowed by the bass).... but any case lucky me.. and him.. he got thrown back

post-129343-0-46433100-1371950997_thumb.

Edited by Overdueleaf
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
JhYr3B2.jpg
  • Like 1

gqNQc3rs.jpg

nice catches IN... but mine was still bigger!!!!..

• 1 month later...

While not my pond, this is a view from one of the fishing spots I go to at the nearby county park. This is right next to a small pedestrian bridge. This is where I've gotten some good size sunfish and bluegills and the large basses this year.

The large clearing of open water leads under the bridge and there is a slow current there. Makes it an ideal spot to cast and reel lures just along the weeds.

FvcOoJs.jpg

pceOKgp.jpg

Yep...as tasty as Largemouth (and smallmouth for that matter)are, I always toss them back. I keep the panfish (bluegills, sunnies and crappy) and catfish. Don't eat carp or drum or suckers...I guess if I was hungry enough I would...thankfully, I haven't been that hungry...

When the white bass are running up river in the spring is when we stock up the freezer.

During the run, you get white bass, hybrid stripers and the occasional sauger and walleye. Yumminess!

Edited by Jeremiah65

its about a 1/2 acre pond that is 22ft deep.. (snipped)

this doesnt show the carp but here is my pond

Boo, my property is on an incline and not sure I could do this here... oh but I WANT to :)))

here is a great 20 inch large mouth bass i caught off of a bluegill (i was using worms and caught the bluegill which got swallowed by the bass).... but any case lucky me.. and him.. he got thrown back

post-129343-0-46433100-1371950997_thumb.

wow that's quite a fish story! .. Is that a REAL ruler? .. that is a nice Bass though! I grew up on a lake (lucky me!) and used to fish a LOT . I can't bear to keep them anymore if i catch one,, have to let them go. lol

• 3 years later...

A catfish my sons friend caught last night. No tape measure or scale but the young man is about 6 ft tall

IMG_20170527_001103.thumb.jpg.6172876ff9fa9aa51eca889a5fe09160.jpg

• Like 3

IMG_20170528_004714.thumb.jpg.799e567a24b54251ae4469372563d24c.jpgA large mouth bass next to my son's size 12 men's shoes....should have grabbed a tape measure

• Like 2

Some nice rainbows in New Mexico.

{about 18-20")

33407793224_d07d190806_b.jpg

33407793214_c28db0479c_b.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man I can't believe we had a fishing thread and I didn't know about it! I can't claim to be much of a freshwater fisherman, but I've been fishing in the ocean since I was a very young child. Here's a particularly good day from a couple years ago. Two springs, two coho, and three pinks.

CKPApItUAAAl4k5.jpg

Edited by Podo

A bass next to a regular bottle of water..sorry it's so blurryIMG_20170614_224130.thumb.jpg.151ecbc70c0eedc55e35edd5addd9341.jpg