Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

final glimpse into Rod Serling's mind.

shrooma

with the critically acclaimed 'Star Trek' reboot under his belt, and his acceptance of directorial duties on the new 'Star Wars' movies, ol' JJ can't seem to put a foot wrong in the sci-fi world these days, but will tackling Rod Serlings last script-

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2013/06/a-final-trip-into-the-mind-of-rod-serling/

-written shortly before his death, be a mission too far?

Mr Serling's scripts have been notoriously lacklustre without input from the great man himself, but if anyone can do him justice, Mr Abrahams has got to be in the 'he can' camp.

as many here were raised on his tales from behind 'the scary door', i'm sure there'll be a lot of interest when this finally hits the (small) screen.

'there's a signpost up ahead....'

....and it says 'Bad Robot'.

• Like 2

Bad Robot can ... kinda what TV lala land needs now truth be told ... the put money where mouth is moment ...

Abrams kinda lose the plot in long runs ... Lost is his cause ... hehehheh

sometimes I'm so good I scare myself ... :rofl:

~

• Like 1

they're thinking of turning it into a tv mini-series 3i, and after his success with 'lost', who knows!

(although, I know what you mean about losing the plot in the long run, after Ep2 of 'lost', it couldn't find its ass with both hands & a map!!)

• Like 2

well after super 8 ... I have more confidence in him ... Ep2 of Lost ? that's harsh ... I lost it midway after the second season ...

my friends said it's because I tried to see it all in one go ... they said I have to go slow and let the plot settle ...

I don't know maybe I'll try again sometime ... I just got tired of that old 'cloak and dagger' pseudo illuminati crap ... tired cause there's just too much of the same old same old ....

00250065-0000-0000-0000-000000000000_00000065-06d2-0000-0000-000000000000_20130225224400_lost-jorge-garcia_14ouvcs.jpg

this guy though held up the whole first season ... good man ... :lol:

so refreshing a character in any story ... just loved him to bits ...

heheheheh

~

• Like 1

I thought Lost started out good but lost it when they started having too many flash backs and just got boring after a while.

I hope he can do Serling justice.

• Like 3

I loved Rod as a kid. I would say give it to Tim Burton . His Ed Wood vision was spot on . He would do it huge justice ,thing is,then Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter would be in it ,and I am kind of sick of that recipe .

• Like 1

Make it will come....

I thought Lost started out good but lost it when they started having too many flash backs and just got boring after a while.

I hope he can do Serling justice.

I totally agree. Lost was a great show that had a good premise and a decent cast who did a wonderful job. However, the plot was kind of ambigious and not specific. We didn't know what was reality and what wasn't. Plus, I think they were going for the whole implication that everyone died in the plane crash and everything subsequent was limbo, hell, or whatever. So everything on the island would not make much sense. Because how could the "Dharma Initiative" have operated in limbo? Just too many loose ends to make sense of it all, though I did enjoy the show. We should have gotten a longer series finale to explain everything more in depth.

As for the Serling script goes, no one will care about it. Kind of like how JJ Abrams does get recognition for anything other than Lost, so it is with Rod Serling and The Twighlight Zone.

J.J Abrams?

So it'll less be "an insight into Rod Sterling's mind" and more "an insight into J.J. Abram's mind, with someone else's name on the script".