Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Police Officer stabbed in mosque attack.

shrooma

A police officer and three others were stabbed at an incident at a mosque late last night-

http://m.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/jun/16/birmingham-mosque-stabbings-police-question-man

the incident- believed to be domestic and not a hate crime- happened during late evening prayers.

the somalian, who was tazered during the attack-with no effect-has been arrested, but is not fit for questioning due to mental health issues.

• Like 2

saw this on the news this morning.

it appears it was NOT a racial attack according to the journalist......well blow me down with a wrecking ball and call me Nelly! NOT RACIST?

The guy was a Somalian, so now Africans can not be racist towards Asians or British policemen?

this is the media propaganda at its worse!

I said a few years ago that the muslims have been fighting each other in their own countries for years and one day it will be the same here, difference is, here we do not just have muslims only, we have many other religions too, what do people do now?

• Like 4

if you believe the news reports freet, the man's a gibbering idiot, not responsible for his own actions, but he seemed compos mentis enough to find a 'large combat knife', go about a prayer meeting without alerting anyone, quietly begin to pray with the rest of the worshippers, and then (and this is my theory), the drugs must've kicked in and sent him on a mental!!

i've been tazered before, and dammit, those things HURT! but he was tazered with no effect!

who was the guy, superman's cousin or something??

• Like 5

I'm happy to say it's not racist, after all he attacked people in the Mosque as well - he was just unhinged and attacked anyone on sight.

Maybe the people attacked were the missus or someone connected to her (maybe he thought she was having an affair), so that explains the calmness before the attack.

Edited by Sir Wearer of Hats
  • Like 1

I said a few years ago that the muslims have been fighting each other in their own countries for years and one day it will be the same here.

fairly recently, we've a bit of an influx of iranians/iraqis (you can usually spot them in their 1980's christmas jumpers), into town, and there's quite a bit of a fussin' and a feudin' going on between them and the local muslims. there's been a bit of a rise in attacks, some with knives, and they hardly get reported in the local news for some reason. if it's iraqi/iranian Vs british muslims, then i'd say that was a racist attack, but because they're the same colour, perceptions are different, like it's some sort of internal affair & nothing to do with the rest of us, but if an asian attacks a white guy, or a white guy attacks an asian guy, then you get mercilessly beaten around the head with the race card.....

different strokes for different folks I guess.

• Like 4

I'm happy to say it's not racist, after all he attacked people in the Mosque as well - he was just unhinged and attacked anyone on sight.

Maybe the people attacked were the missus or someone connected to her (maybe he thought she was having an affair), so that explains the calmness before the attack.

Why do the media not class it as a racist attack? the man was an African attacking Asians and a British policeman, religion is NOT a race.

If it had been a loony white guy the word racist would be sprawled all over the front pages.

• Like 5

Maybe in a couple of years time they will have killed each other off and so become extinct.They seem to be having a pop at each other all over the Middle East,but they've been doing that for over 2000 years.

• Like 4

Why do the media not class it as a racist attack? the man was an African attacking Asians and a British policeman, religion is NOT a race.

If it had been a loony white guy the word racist would be sprawled all over the front pages.

Your right about that if it had been a white guy everyone would be yelling racist and calling it a hate crime.
  • Like 4

I think they need to keep him in that mental institution. If someone is so out of it they aren't fit to be questioned by police and a tazer didn't stop him keep him there. Probably on hard drugs.

• Like 1

Your right about that if it had been a white guy everyone would be yelling racist and calling it a hate crime.

due to political correctness Hil, the media daren't say that asian attacks on whites are racist, for fear of 'upsetting muslims'.

do they think all muslims are a bunch of p**sies, who get upset at the drop of a hat?

most muslims I know are as p***ed off as we are that these things can't be labelled for what they are, and they're fed up of being used as scapegoats for whiney liberal media types who haven't the balls to call a spade a spade, and a shovel a shovel.

if a gang of asians bray a white guy, calling him a 'white b******', then that's a racist attack, and a muslim would say it was too, same as if a gang of white guys brayed an asian guy, calling him a '**** b******', then white folks would say, 'yup, looks like a racist attack to me!'

only the media treats us as stupid, and i'm glad we don't treat each other the same way!

• Like 5

when I ask one of my best muslim buddy what he feels like chowing for luch or dinner he'll go ... "I don't know ... how about pig's ear in mariana sauce" ?

then I'll go "the shops are closed .. how about pig brains fried with chilli and green beans ? " then he'll go ... "Pig Brains are expensive ... how about pig tongue ..."

and on and on and on till we get to the shops when we'll heave a nice halal dinner ... :lol:

the racism isn't what comes out of mouths ... it's what dwells in the hearts ...

431900_10152883947805475_2060542849_n.jpg

never lie to one self ... and no one can lie to you ...

~

• Like 2

on the theme of political correctness i loved the Police response. to say we have to praise the local community, and we have put on extra patrols in the area. Why? all the praise is it to prevent the local community taking to the streets? i mean, one man carried out the attack, one man arrested problem over. the police response says it all, they are terrified of racial riots that could start at the drop of a hat in this current social climate. we only need another incident and a week of decent weather a heat wave and the race riots will kick off. i know it, you know it and the authorities know it, its the reason behind their over reaction to anything which happens in the moslem community.

• Like 1

on the theme of political correctness i loved the Police response. to say we have to praise the local community, and we have put on extra patrols in the area. Why? all the praise is it to prevent the local community taking to the streets? i mean, one man carried out the attack, one man arrested problem over. the police response says it all, they are terrified of racial riots that could start at the drop of a hat in this current social climate. we only need another incident and a week of decent weather a heat wave and the race riots will kick off. i know it, you know it and the authorities know it, its the reason behind their over reaction to anything which happens in the moslem community.

If you know it, I know it, and everyone knows it - then how can their response be an over reaction, common sense isn't it to second guess a scenario, play it down and act in a way that prevents further riots?

Maybe in a couple of years time they will have killed each other off and so become extinct.They seem to be having a pop at each other all over the Middle East,but they've been doing that for over 2000 years.

Exactly what i have been saying for years!

And now they are doing it in other countries too.

Personally I believe if they want to live under sharia law then who are we to tell them otherwise? BUT NOT in the western world. If people want to come to our countries because they do not agree with their countries regime, then fine, but why once here still insist on living the way they did back there? Either integrate with us or stay in your own muslim country.

We do not want muslims killing each other on our streets........................Spud, you have hit the nail on the head with your statement above! They have been at it for years!

I think they need to keep him in that mental institution. If someone is so out of it they aren't fit to be questioned by police and a tazer didn't stop him keep him there. Probably on hard drugs.

Drugs may have nothing to do with it, more like his religion is what has made him crazy.

If you know it, I know it, and everyone knows it - then how can their response be an over reaction, common sense isn't it to second guess a scenario, play it down and act in a way that prevents further riots?

it would be fine if there were other "strategies" going on to reduce the risk of race riots - but since the 60's through to the 80's and into the millennium the authorities are happy to paper over the cracks and pretend everything is fine. when we have minority groups openly murdering British Citizens on the streets then something as gone horribly wrong. the appeasement as not worked. - have a watch of the BBC's 'White' Season. it highlights the Thatcher Governments reaction to racial tensions. it shows the governments thinking and strategy at the time. basically it shows two options. one was a policy aimed at integration for migrants and minority groups. this was done in a number of ways which would have forced integration. the second option was the one chosen, at the last minute on advice from Civil servants and social experts. it was a option of throwing money at minority groups in a bid of appeasement the policy allowed communities not to integrate but segregate we are today living with the consequences of this failed policy. Were so far down the tracks im not sure we could reverse the policy. and so the government continues with their only option - over reaction - trying to keep the lid on the pressure cooker.

• Like 1

In this isolated incident, the man was clearly mentally challenged. He attacked anyone regardless of religious conviction or race.

I think that what is being said is that if the UK did not have (effectively) an Open Door on immigration then this particular person would not have been here to commit this crime.

Multiculturalism is a seriously flawed policy (and one that even Spain is trying to redress) because all you get are immigrants hiding behind culturally advanced laws to commit culturally backward crimes (yes that is my own quote).

Edited by keithisco
  • Like 2

Yes the BBC report raised a wry smile with me. It was like....' A man stabbed four people & a policeman in a mosque today, but the great news is that it wasn't a hate crime.....phew.....'

If it wasn't a hate crime (whatever that means) then why even say it? It wasn't attempted rape either but they didn't say that.

A few years back, within the space of a week there were two identical news items reported on the BBC.

The first was a white guy & his girlfriend were approached by two black men & the guy was stabbed by one of the black guys & they then ran off, a motiveless assult.

The following week, the same thing happened only this time a black guy was stabbed by a white guy who again just ran off, again a motiveless crime.

Both BBC reports were exactly the same but with one subtle difference. In reporting the second incident the reporter added .....'It's not known yet whether this incident was racially motivated' So the question remains if they don't know then why mention it. And if you're going to say that, then why not say at the end of the other report also.? The BBC regularly practice sublte racial prejudice in their reporting, but it only goes in one direction.

p.s. Also worth noting is that the police were apparently on the scene within 4 minutes. Uncharacteristically rapid response don't you think.

Wonder how that compares to response time in the Lee Rigby murder.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 4

Well this crime was not a race crime or a hate crime? where do they get this type of info from?

disappointed.gif

The lawyers are going to have their work cut out on this one! unless the human rights brigade manage to get him off with an ankle tag.

what do others think about this? surely not true must be more to it? IF true it just highlights the problems.

‘Get the bacon sarnies out’ remark cost Heywood IT contractor dream job

Clive Hunt, 58, says he was offered the eight month contract with the NHS after attending an interview set up by recruitment firm Reed.

An IT contractor claims an off-the-cuff remark about a bacon butty cost him a dream £1,000 a week job. Clive Hunt, 58, says he was offered the eight month contract with the NHS after attending an interview set up by recruitment firm Reed.

But he says he lost out on the job he should have started last Monday after he told a recruitment consultant he would ‘get the bacon sarnies in’.

The married dad, from Heywood, said he wasn’t aware he had offended recruitment consultant Sharika Sacranie, 29, who he met at the firm’s offices in King Street, Manchester, to finalise paperwork, until he received a phone call from a senior manager. Mr Hunt said: “After we shook hands she said that she would come over to meet me on site with the other contractors and take us for breakfast. My parting words to her were ‘I will buy the bacon sandwiches’.

“Later, as I was driving home, Ms Sacranie’s manager called me and wanted to know about the racist remark I had made. I said I had not made one and he said I had said that I would get her a bacon sandwich. But I only made the remark because she referred to breakfast. “The woman was of Asian appearance. I am not a racist, never have been. I wasn’t brought up that way.

“Bacon sandwiches are often eaten at breakfast. I didn’t think for a minute this would have caused offence otherwise I wouldn’t have said it. I have lost a contract because of an unassuming remark about a bacon sarnie. I have been an IT contractor for 30 years and never been subjected to this.

“I’m really gutted that I’ve missed out on this job. I was over the moon when I got it . I love working for the NHS, I know their systems.”

A spokesman for Reed said: “Due to inappropriate comments made to members of our staff during the recruitment process before Mr Hunt started his new role we have unfortunately decided that we do not feel we can represent this client further. “A senior manager from the Reed team spoke to Mr Hunt via telephone following an inappropriate comment made to a member of staff before he was due to start in the role. During that conversation, Mr Hunt made further inappropriate comments.

“At this point it became clear to the senior manager that Reed could no longer represent Mr Hunt. Reed is committed to supporting its staff, clients and candidates and this is not a decision we have taken lightly.”

Mr Hunt added: “When the manager called me, I was driving and I got increasingly exasperated as he kept telling me I should admit to my wrongdoing for referring to bacon sandwiches. In the end I told him to ‘sod off’ and put the phone down. They have blown this out of all proportion.”

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/get-bacon-sarnies-out-remark-4323756

what do others think about this? surely not true must be more to it? IF true it just highlights the problems.

‘Get the bacon sarnies out’ remark cost Heywood IT contractor dream job

Clive Hunt, 58, says he was offered the eight month contract with the NHS after attending an interview set up by recruitment firm Reed.

An IT contractor claims an off-the-cuff remark about a bacon butty cost him a dream £1,000 a week job. Clive Hunt, 58, says he was offered the eight month contract with the NHS after attending an interview set up by recruitment firm Reed.

But he says he lost out on the job he should have started last Monday after he told a recruitment consultant he would ‘get the bacon sarnies in’.

The married dad, from Heywood, said he wasn’t aware he had offended recruitment consultant Sharika Sacranie, 29, who he met at the firm’s offices in King Street, Manchester, to finalise paperwork, until he received a phone call from a senior manager. Mr Hunt said: “After we shook hands she said that she would come over to meet me on site with the other contractors and take us for breakfast. My parting words to her were ‘I will buy the bacon sandwiches’.

“Later, as I was driving home, Ms Sacranie’s manager called me and wanted to know about the racist remark I had made. I said I had not made one and he said I had said that I would get her a bacon sandwich. But I only made the remark because she referred to breakfast. “The woman was of Asian appearance. I am not a racist, never have been. I wasn’t brought up that way.

“Bacon sandwiches are often eaten at breakfast. I didn’t think for a minute this would have caused offence otherwise I wouldn’t have said it. I have lost a contract because of an unassuming remark about a bacon sarnie. I have been an IT contractor for 30 years and never been subjected to this.

“I’m really gutted that I’ve missed out on this job. I was over the moon when I got it . I love working for the NHS, I know their systems.”

A spokesman for Reed said: “Due to inappropriate comments made to members of our staff during the recruitment process before Mr Hunt started his new role we have unfortunately decided that we do not feel we can represent this client further. “A senior manager from the Reed team spoke to Mr Hunt via telephone following an inappropriate comment made to a member of staff before he was due to start in the role. During that conversation, Mr Hunt made further inappropriate comments.

“At this point it became clear to the senior manager that Reed could no longer represent Mr Hunt. Reed is committed to supporting its staff, clients and candidates and this is not a decision we have taken lightly.”

Mr Hunt added: “When the manager called me, I was driving and I got increasingly exasperated as he kept telling me I should admit to my wrongdoing for referring to bacon sandwiches. In the end I told him to ‘sod off’ and put the phone down. They have blown this out of all proportion.”

http://www.mancheste...-remark-4323756

Disgusting. And the rise & rise of the professionally offended continues. I thought we might see an end to this sort of crap once Nu Labour were no long in the driving seat, but apparently sadly not. Would this daft type of behavior be permitted had the roles been reversed.

Ms Sacranie & her managers face should be plastered across every newspaper so others can avoid.

Frankly, I think Mr Hunt probably had a lucky escape.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1