Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I saw my old High School Crush today

stevemagegod

Okay guys i went to elementary school with this girl and i have had a crush on her ever since then. When we got into High School she became sexy as ****. I tried asking her to prom but she never said "No", she just said i'll think about(which was no lol).

So after High School i started riding my Bike everywhere since i got no car, and for a little exercise since i am to lazy to go to the GYM. I take the same route everyday on my Bike ride and then one day i saw them getting out of the car finding out where they lived. Everynow and then if they are outside doing yard work i will stop and talk to them for 5 minutes or so, and then be on my way. Most of the time i am talking to the mom due to them being away at College.

Today being Father's Day i was riding my Bike with my Grandpa around the normal route and they were helping there grandpa out of the car and before i even got to there house there mom was the first one to say hi to me.

So do you guys think i have a better chance with her now if i were to pursue anything, since both parents know me?

Side Note: Her Dad worked at my High School for all 4 years and knows me from there. He was the guy who would just walk around the school in an endless loop giving detention and **** to people who were late, or got kicked out of class. (best job ever) I never really got into trouble during high school except for a couple minor incidents but overall my record was clean.

Go for it. Later in life you regret littel things like that when you dont go for them.

• Like 1

I don't think your relationship with her parents will have much of a factor in her being attracted to you or assist in developing feeling for you. They may be more inclined to allow you to spend time with her but that is about it.

• Like 1

I don't know...you sound like a nice enough guy, but I won't pretend I know you. Along the lines of what orc seeker said, it's up to her and not her parents.

You wouldn't rather be chasing a girl who chases you back? I went to high school for 4 years with a good friend, who wanted to be more than just friends, so he would buy me every piece of jewelry I looked at, every thing I wanted, and I couldn't get it through to him that I didn't want 'things' from him, but just an open and honest friendship. He's a nice guy, and as a friend I Love him, but if he ever interfered in my romantic relationship, or tried to push that 'friends' line, I might push him 2 times farther away.

All I'm saying is I would suggest evaluating your current relationship with this girl, and her relationships. Are you friends? Is there something at stake if you try for her? And is she interested in someone already? I'm not saying you shouldn't go for it, but I definitely think you'd be wise to review the situation first.

Good luck sir :)

Sorry man, this is the very first thing that comes mind after reading your story... :D

stalkers.png

Go for it. The parents liking you might have a factor is she respects thier opinion, it might not. But you will never know unless you try!

• Like 1

I understand that you've been talking to her parents and all that jazz, but have you even talked to her in the past year?

You may want to try talking to her and seeing where she's at in life.

But you should definitely take some kind of initiative. The "what ifs" will eat you alive in the end.

Maybe you can do it the old fashioned way and go to the dad first. There is a difference between persistance and stalking. The difference mainly is a heathy mental disposition but also level of consentration. If she sees that you are living a healthy life and have other interests, not just her, your affection shouldnt come across as obsessive or creepy. . If she sees that you are patient and really care for her and continue to try after a while she might come around. Girls are like that some times. Maybe the dad can arrange a date for you guys or he can let you know if she isnt interested. It would be a different approach at least to nowadays dating.

Edited by SpiritWriter

It doesn't hurt to ask (OK maybe it does) but you have to accept whatever answer she gives you, even if it's "no".

Sorry man, this is the very first thing that comes mind after reading your story... :D

stalkers.png

I know it sounds like i am stalking but i am not. It's just the route i take on my bike. My Grandpa has taken that same route before i was even born when he lived in my house and still does(old habits). It would be creepy/stalkerish if i went and knocked on the door every time i saw they were home.

Edited by stevemagegod
  • Like 1

All she can do is say no and you are only where you started. I had a High School Sweetheart who only wanted to be friends. Don't ya hate that crap. I have not seen her since then but I still think about her from time to time. I think I am glad I have not seen her since, the memories are likely sweeter than real life. I doubt I will ever forget her, unrequited love at first sight it was. I bet Daniella forgets I ever existed but all the same, she still has a piece of my heart.

I reckon Spartans on the money mate, go for it.

You might want to get a car though, chicks dig guys with cars :D

230px-The_Old_Man_And_The_Key.jpg

Edited by psyche101

Yeah, get a car and a high paying job, we REALLY dig that.

• Like 1

If one has to make a thread to ask about it instead of just asking her then it is probably not a good idea. The lack of confidence displayed here will be detected by her on some level, does not even need to be consciously, and that will just turn her off even more.

And on another note who keeps accepting gifts from someone they are not interested in? Telling someone else no even a "good" friend is not that hard to do and is the right thing to do.

• Like 1

If one has to make a thread to ask about it instead of just asking her then it is probably not a good idea. The lack of confidence displayed here will be detected by her on some level, does not even need to be consciously, and that will just turn her off even more.

And on another note who keeps accepting gifts from someone they are not interested in? Telling someone else no even a "good" friend is not that hard to do and is the right thing to do.

It may not necessarily come across as lack of confidence and may be interpreted as "cute".

Id say maybe consider relabelling the term "good" friend to something more suitable.