Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man Arrested For Confining Vandals In Closet

BiffSplitkins

CLYDE, N.Y. (AP) -- A man who says he caught four boys vandalizing his father-in-law's home has been charged with child endangerment after corralling them in a closet until police arrived.

Jesse Daniels was arraigned on four counts of endangering the welfare of a child after authorities say he interrupted the vandalism at the empty home in the Wayne County village of Clyde, midway between Rochester and Syracuse.

Daniels, 53, told WHAM-TV in Rochester that he heard pounding coming from the home next door the night of June 8. The house is empty while Daniels renovates it for his father-in-law.

Daniels said he went to investigate while his wife called 911. He said he found four boys, ages 8 and 10, inside with hammers. He took a hammer from one, then stuck the boys in a closet until officers arrived, he said.

READ MORE

More Links:

http://www.waynetime...-police-arrived

http://www.dailymail...s_campaign=1490

From the sounds of the articles, if he had let these boys go, the parents would have probably given them alibis and no charges would have been placed on the boys.

I find what this man did was no different than a kid getting caught shoplifting at the mall and being corralled into a 'closet size' security office.

I find it even more offensive that after the boys being caught and charged, that their parents told the police to go and arrest Jesse Daniels... AND THEY DID?!?! Sounds like these parents may be connected to someone of power or politics in that little town.

• Like 2

Just doing my job ma'am ... it's all part of the job Sir ...

~

• Like 2

Gotta love Justice :su

Knowing our judicial system, I'm guessing that when Mr. Daniels goes to court for his actions that the evidence of what caused him to take the actions he did will be dissallowed in the courtroom.

• Like 1

The parents of the boys should feel fortunate; some gun-obsessed person could've have whipped out their handgun/rifle and slaughtered them then claimed they were implementing their 'Stand-Your-Ground" thing. It could've ended far worse.

Also I have to wonder about the home life of the boys who did this. Are the parents overly lenient or are they abusive bullies?

The damage these boys did was not your average 'teepee the house' or putting shaving foam in the mail box...this was pure vandalism and they probably did this before. The parents need to address this problem before it gets worse.

Anywhoo..the parents should be glad their kids are alive and unhurt. Someone else might not have had any qualms about killing a couple of kids.

• Like 2

This is why crime is so bad in some places. Your not suppose to stop them and just let them rob you. I think those kids got just what they deserved. Their parents are morons that raised moronic kids.

I don't see why that man was even arrested. Parents probably knew someone which if they did that is just totally wrong.

• Like 2

I don't see why that man was even arrested. Parents probably knew someone which if they did that is just totally wrong.

That thought crossed my mind as well. Clyde NY is a very small town here in upstate NY.

• Like 1

Knowing our judicial system, I'm guessing that when Mr. Daniels goes to court for his actions that the evidence of what caused him to take the actions he did will be dissallowed in the courtroom.

I wouldn't doubt that but how is one suppose to defend themselves when all the evidence isn't allowed.

The parents of the boys should feel fortunate; some gun-obsessed person could've have whipped out their handgun/rifle and slaughtered them then claimed they were implementing their 'Stand-Your-Ground" thing. It could've ended far worse.

Also I have to wonder about the home life of the boys who did this. Are the parents overly lenient or are they abusive bullies?

The damage these boys did was not your average 'teepee the house' or putting shaving foam in the mail box...this was pure vandalism and they probably did this before. The parents need to address this problem before it gets worse.

Anywhoo..the parents should be glad their kids are alive and unhurt. Someone else might not have had any qualms about killing a couple of kids.

Just because someone chooses to use a gun to defend themselves doesn't mean they are gun obsessed. Although I would say shooting these kids would of been the wrong thing to do unless they had a gun.

Wouldn't doubt they will get off easy on the punishment and will probably do it again if the parents don't wake up.

I wouldn't doubt that but how is one suppose to defend themselves when all the evidence isn't allowed.

I bet George Zimmerman asks that same question everyday.