Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama’s job approval tumbles

Kowalski

Obama’s job approval tumbles, Americans split on spying: Poll

President Barack Obama’s job approval rating fell sharply over the past month—from 53 to 45 percent, according to a new CNN poll. Fifty-four percent of Americans disapprove of the job he’s doing, also up from 45 percent, the survey found.

Sixty-one percent disapprove of the way he’s handling government surveillance of Americans in the aftermath of a series of dramatic reports about National Security Agency spying, while 35 percent approve.

Obama's early second term has been buffeted by a series of controversies—not just about the NSA surveillance, but also allegations of misconduct at the IRS and government spying on reporters. The president was expected to address those issues in a new interview with Charlie Rose, which airs Monday night.

What about Edward Snowden, who says he revealed the government’s secret to expose abuses? Forty-four percent approve of what he did, while 52 percent disapprove. Should the U.S. government attempt to bring him back to U.S. soil and prosecute him? Fifty-four percent say yes, 42 percent say no.

Even as the economy picks up steam, the poll found that Obama’s disapproval rating on that issue has ticked up steadily over the first six months of the year, from 51 percent in January, to 54 percent in April, to 57 percent in June.

Is Obama honest and trustworthy? Fifty percent say no, up from 41 percent in mid-May, while 49 percent say yes, down from 58 percent.

Taken from http://news.yahoo.co...-132827668.html

This was my favorite part:

Does the federal government pose an immediate threat to the rights and freedoms of American citizens? A whopping 62 percent say it does, up from 56 percent the last time the question was asked, in February 2010.

:clap:

I guess people are starting to wake up....ABOUT TIME!

Wonder how his approval rating is going to look after Obummercare kicks in....I have a feeling it won't be good....

Edited by Kowalski
  • Like 1

Is anyone surprised? :)

Now what can be done to make things right?

The data in the poll above only surveyed 1.014 persons.

The poll was conducted for CNN by ORC International June 11 to 13, with 1,014 adults nationwide questioned by telephone. The survey's overall sampling error is plus or minus three percentage points.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/06/17/cnn-poll-obama-approval-falls-amid-controversies/

While there are no issues in the polling for me it would seem others would find fault with it based on the following view:

:w00t:

Let me get this straight, there are 30 MILLION people in the US, and they poll 1,000 people and call that the majority of Americans?? LMAO

The data in the poll above only surveyed 1.014 persons.

http://politicaltick...-controversies/

While there are no issues in the polling for me it would seem others would find fault with it based on the following view:

Why are trying to start trouble? Your baiting doesn't even make me mad anymore. It just shows how pathetic and sad you are. Wanna call me a hypocrite? Go ahead, if it makes you feel like a bigger person....

I really could care less about what you think.....

• Like 2

Wonder how his approval rating is going to look after Obummercare kicks in....I have a feeling it won't be good....

It will be expensive. But the Obama-biased media will blame it on anything but the inherent contradition of the "affordable care" legislation. Actually, I would not be surprised if they manage to blame.... Bush.

And the low-information voters will gobble it up as usual.

• Like 1

There is a really great and valid reason why Obama's approval rating falls; He sucks as President! :D

• Like 2

Is anyone surprised? :)

Now what can be done to make things right?

Vote Libertarian in the next election. They should be good for a few years, until they too are corrupted by power. Then we'll have to find a new party. IMO the Dems and Repubs started out well, just become corrupted by power. We need to recognize this and change parties when it happens.

• Like 2

Obama's "transparency" promise a lie and joke:

Flashback: Pres. Obama on January 21, 2009 said: "Transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones of this presidency."

How can anyone support this guy? :no:

Transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones of this presidency. Must've been playing Opposite Day with his little girls. What a chump.

We have to pass it to see what's in it then we will use the IRS to hinder you and the NSA to spy on you but not those we should be spying on and then we will give billions of your dollars and military support to our enemies and affordable healthcare will cost you trillions of dollars and your future kin too we will spy on reporters we don't like and finally become proud of this country for the first time as an adult and give guns to cartels sleep away while ambassadors are raped and killed and spend a billion dollars to keep a quarter million dollar job and remind you that you didn't build that and call young slts on the phone to tell them they are brave and call terrorism workplace violence because terrorism doesn't exist and if it does we will ignore Russian warnings that we've got terrorist in Boston because bin laden is dead so it must be over and give the queen iPods of me talking and we'll ignore voter intimidation if done by anyone that isn't white and support violent occupiers destroying your cities assume police are stupid racists for doing their job at a black guys house and waste $900 billion of your tax dollars stimulating pet projects and take over an auto industry that holds 2/3's of its jobs in other countries and if anything has been forgotten don't worry, we are only halfway done.

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 2

Transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones of this presidency. Must've been playing Opposite Day with his little girls. What a chump.

We have to pass it to see what's in it then we will use the IRS to hinder you and the NSA to spy on you but not those we should be spying on and then we will give billions of your dollars and military support to our enemies and affordable healthcare will cost you trillions of dollars and your future kin too we will spy on reporters we don't like and finally become proud of this country for the first time as an adult and give guns to cartels sleep away while ambassadors are raped and killed and spend a billion dollars to keep a quarter million dollar job and remind you that you didn't build that and call young slts on the phone to tell them they are brave and call terrorism workplace violence because terrorism doesn't exist and if it does we will ignore Russian warnings that we've got terrorist in Boston because bin laden is dead so it must be over and give the queen iPods of me talking and we'll ignore voter intimidation if done by anyone that isn't white and support violent occupiers destroying your cities assume police are stupid racists for doing their job at a black guys house and waste $900 billion of your tax dollars stimulating pet projects and take over an auto industry that holds 2/3's of its jobs in other countries and if anything has been forgotten don't worry, we are only halfway done.

I'm not worried, you carry on with your rant that poses no credible evidence or proof of what you say. Voter intimidation is just peachy... so just how did Florida vote to let in the Idiot Bush Baby? The campaign forces sent into the State to intimidate and terrorize (wasn't Bush Baby's brother involved somewhere? :w00t: ) .. sorry, I just extended my memory faculty beyond that of a Goldfish (or Rep)

Edited by keithisco

I'm not worried, you carry on with your rant that poses no credible evidence or proof of what you say. Voter intimidation is just peachy... so just how did Florida vote to let in the Idiot Bush Baby? The campaign forces sent into the State to intimidate and terrorize (wasn't Bush Baby's brother involved somewhere? :w00t: ) .. sorry, I just extended my memory faculty beyond that of a Goldfish (or Rep)

he actually stated facts that are posted in other threads, there is plenty of credible evidence to them, even more so if you actually live in usa and see things for yourself, but you don't live here, and don't believe in facts since they don't support your position, but sure you still blame bush, and his bro. how convinient. lol. but it's entartaining, so go on.

• Like 1

he actually stated facts that are posted in other threads, there is plenty of credible evidence to them, even more so if you actually live in usa and see things for yourself, but you don't live here, and don't believe in facts since they don't support your position, but sure you still blame bush, and his bro. how convinient. lol. but it's entartaining, so go on.

They always do the "Bush did this" defense... :sigh:

Yes, Bush was pretty bad....not saying he wasn't. But, Obama is just as bad, and he may be even worse.....

I guess people are starting to wake up....ABOUT TIME!

526292_413597548699231_998422323_n.jpg

• Like 2

Yea Keith everything I said was true. Do you really want links? You wouldn't have anything reasonable to say even if did. You never do. You just whine and cry and are really about as legitimate as Al Sharpton.

• Like 1