Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Still Waters

Experts to analyse 'unusual' weather

4 posts in this topic

About 20 of the UK's leading scientists and meteorologists are due to meet at the Met Office to discuss Britain's "unusual" weather patterns.

They will try to identify the factors that caused the chilly winter of 2010-11 and the long, wet summer of 2012.

They will also try to work out why this spring was the coldest in 50 years - with a UK average of 6C (42.8F) between March and May.

The Met Office hopes the meeting will identify new priorities for research.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...onment-22937375

Sometimes people assert that things that happen in the weather are part of a larger trend, generally to support or oppose global warming. I've always thought that is, not nonsense, exactly, but maybe pointless. The thing is the weather is all over the place normally, at least in most of the world.

Nevertheless, there are those who have the statistical knowledge and computing equipment to maybe discern if there are identifiable trends. So far it has produced mostly argument, and the evidence for global warming has come from other areas.

I think when global warming became a difficult thing to pin down the mast head was renamed " climate change" something that takes on a broader spectrum. I'm still a skeptic on global warming.

1 person likes this

Yea, I lean more towards an ice age coming, though it will take years for it to really take hold. It's the cycle of life, I just hope we can find a way to live threw it as a species. Or, it's just weather. Or it's a pole shift. My vote is still out. I really hope it's not an ice age or global warming but we won't really know until it's to late, besides, I don't think anything we do would help either way. Don't think it's man made. The earth changes.