Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jugoso

Low Wages at a Single Wal-Mart Store

81 posts in this topic

Yes, but that's not fair to the big business owners and corporate heads. I mean that's just heartless, have you no heart sir? How do you expect them to be able to afford the next million dollar mansion with a gargantuan swimming pool or the latest luxury cars, after all of their hard work? It wouldn't be worth it for them, then. You know it takes a lot energy by both using and screwing over other people to get to the top of the rat race. I just don't think you understand how much time and how hard it is with the latest regulations put in place, to get to the top.

If they did that, they might as well throw away their Gordan Gekko "Greed is good" framed decree hanging on their office walls, which stands for everything they do and believe in. Shame on you sir, for suggesting such a thing, in nation built on Capitalism. Pffffh! Less profit indeed.

May the Money God forgive you! I will pray to him on your account for forgiveness.

I literally Laughed Out Loud when I read this.

There is another way. The corporation could be willing to make less profit. I don't see that ever happening though.

Many individual units (stores) within a corporation make very little in profit. If a corp. has 1,000 units, each making a little profit, then the corp. might make a nice profit overall. If you raise wages, without a increase in sales, you may well wipe out the small profit those units make, thus wiping out the nice profits the corp makes.

Are you an investor? If so, would you like to make less return on your investments? Most folks wouldn't.

1 person likes this

Many individual units (stores) within a corporation make very little in profit. If a corp. has 1,000 units, each making a little profit, then the corp. might make a nice profit overall. If you raise wages, without a increase in sales, you may well wipe out the small profit those units make, thus wiping out the nice profits the corp makes.

Are you an investor? If so, would you like to make less return on your investments? Most folks wouldn't.

I was simply showing that raising the price of the merchandise is not the only way to pay people at wal-mart more money.

1 person likes this

I was simply showing that raising the price of the merchandise is not the only way to pay people at wal-mart more money.

I was simply showing that , yes, it kinda is.

1 person likes this

I was simply showing that , yes, it kinda is.

It's the only realistic way, yes. The shareholders are not going to say "Yeah you can give us less money to pay your employees more." Which is why I said that it would never happen in my original post.

1 person likes this

I don't doubt they've screwed some people over, I mean after all...they got the crap sued out of them a while back (a little over five years ago i think), for backpay on the "working through break time and lunch issue" just about all the employees got a little extra paycheck one year.

But yeah I knew about the pay scale system they had setup in their data programs and how it worked, had a chat with a Co-Manager about it once upon a time. She told me it depends on the type of job you had before and how much experience you have. But in your case, sounds like that wasn't the case afterall. But here's the thing, it also depends on which dept. your working in; about the pay rates I mean. They're different in each department. If you working in let's say the electronic dept., getting payed minimum wage and found out about a younger person whose working in let's say the TLE dept., is getting more than the minimum wage, that employee is going to be making a little more than you just because of the dept. he/she is working in. In other words, some departments have different pay rates because of the type of work involved. Not sure if that was the case here, though, concerning you. Were these two less experience employees working in the same dept. as you? And if so? Did you talk to the home office in Bentonville, AR. about it? Not like that would probably have done you any good, but you never know if you hadn't.

And I don't know why they tell their employees not to tell other employees about what they're getting paid. Right! Like that discussion between employees is not gonna happen. *roll eyes*

Edit: Spelling sucks again!

Yes we were in the same department. And the only reason it rubbed me the wrong way is that the co-worker who made more than I was also hard to keep in the department and would disappear for hours leaving me to do all the work, and the managers didn't seem to think it was too much of an issue. It was for me because it screwed my schedule up.. Buuuuuut that's no longer my problem. Today was my last day there. I cried as I said goodbye to my many friends and told them I'd stop in as I only live a few blocks away from the store. So many folks stopped by to say goodbye to me and to wish me well. It was a hard place to work but you know, I made some good friends.
1 person likes this