Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

pet tales

danielost

Share a story about your pet.

My cat tiger and his sister baby girl, decided to go through the cat door at the same time. Eventually baby girl got tired of waiting and started grooming. Tiger said no, he reached out and grabed baby girl's ears and rolling backward pulled her through the door.

You have a tiger? wow, can`t beat that. I got a little westie, normal norm, eats, walkies, wees, poops, sleeps, yaps ,plays, then he eats, walkies, wees, poops, sleeps, yaps, plays, then he eats, walkies, wees, well, you know the rest.

My cat Morticia (RIP 2004,age 24human yrs) ,would only drink from a running sink .

If it was in a bowl ,shunned . Stagnant water in the sink ,shunned .

Had to be a running faucet.

My beloved Puff (RIP 2011,9himan years ,FIP+ ,only three legs) ,could see spirits ,and they loved to play with her ,but she would get excited .

She played with things on the floor and in the air ,that were invisible to me.

Sometimes she would look at something ,and scrunch up her face and back her head up,as if it had come right up into her face .

It was slightly unnerving .

Her back leg had been cut off when she was a baby (yes,abuse cut off kind of thing). I healed it with herbs (my vet said she wouldn't live) ,and the bone ends were just under the healed end.

Banging it would hurt,or open a wound.

She would play all excited ,and bang both feet down ,and hit the stump . It hurt .

She wouldn't allow anything over it. I discussed prosthetics . I tried a baby sock padded with cotton .

She ripped it all off .

So after one painful play romp with the invisible pals ,I said aloud ,you cannot play so rough ! She gets hurt !

Mind her !

And they never played with her again .

That was ok ,I had all the best toys .

Edited by Simbi Laveau

I had a cat in salt lake, he wouldn't put his face in water bowl. He would stick his paw in the water and lick the water off. I guess kitty flavored water was better. Lol

• Like 1

I had a cat called Thumbilina, (she was named this because she was tiny at birth) and she would let us walk her on a leash :D but one time when we were walking her, she ran away :(

When I came home two years ago from the hospitol. Mamma kitty stole a sausage from my roommate and carried it all the way around tge house and gave it to me. She missed me I think. I miss my cats. I have been in for two months short two months.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

When tiger and his siblings where born I put them in a plastic storage bin to keep them safe from feet.

Tiger was the smallest kitten but he was the first to do anything. When it got where putting them back in the bin. I turnd it its side so they could keep using it ass a bed. But, they found a better bed. I usually sat with my left arm across my chest. They would clklimb up my legs, pants or no pants, all four of them would lay across my arm until they got to big to fit.

Tiger's first trip out of the room, ended with a distress call. Mamma and I went the rescue. There he was just pushing as hard as he could but that tub just wouldn't move mamma looked at me saying what is going on.

Sorry I need to tell these stories.

I made my bed into a canapy bed for a little while. Tiger loved to use it as a hammic. The current litter of kittens would play tag tiger. But, they didn't like being up there. He alays laid down just over my chest. I would pet him or let him plkay tag with my hand.

He liked to play ruff, with claws. So I trained him to do so if I had my sock glove on. He never attacked the socks on my feet.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a wolf dog mix, she's about 130 lbs. and the biggest sweetie, but one day I took her for a run at like 5 in the morning. We were alone in the park and some man tried to grab me, so she ran up and literally bit out a piece of his leg. Another time we were in my folk's front yard, and I had to run inside to get something, so I looped her leash handle around a stake. When I came back out she got so excited (she was still a puppy) that she came running, and ripped the stake out.

Another time I was watching that movie 'The Polar Express' with my youngest niece. The part with the wolves howling came on, and my dog stopped, sat down by the end of the couch, and started howling too.

• Like 1

Cats hearing is amazing.. I keep our cats food in a cupboard under the sink... I can go into the kitchen, cats nowhere to be seen, and I quietly open the cupboard door, pull out the pouches of food, and quietly close the door again... Within seconds, I turn, and BOTH cats are sitting at my feet with their eyes half shut, waiting for me to open their food pouches and dish it out...

Sometimes when I am sitting on the computer or just watching TV..Misty ( Our tabby cat ) will sit next to me, tapping me every so often with her paw, just softly.. I will look down at her and say - Ok Misty, I'll feed you now.. Then I am distracted with something, and her tapping continues.. UNTIL zap, she sinks her claws into my leg and I jump out of my seat...That's her way of telling me - Never mind what you are doing, FEED ME NOW!!

I prefer feeding her when her brother Wallie is not around, because Wallie would eat his food up really fast just so he can help his sister, by that I mean bully her away from her food.. Most times when they are both together, I have to feed Wallie in a separate room away from Misty..He likes to go in afterwards and help misty clean her bowl.. Walie licks his bowl so much I think he is trying to lick the color off the bowl.. :P

Speaking of how well pets hearing can be... Our old dog Charlie, used to lay in front of the fire sound asleep... I would quietly open a packet of crisps ( potato chips ) and the second the bag opened, Charlie pops his head up, staring at me tail wagging....... I use to joke about it, and say -That dogs hearing is so good, that even if he were knocked out unconscious or worse in a coma state? He would wake up at the sound of a crisp bag being opened easy, tail wagging, nose sniffing wondering what flavour you have? :D ....Sigh..I miss him..

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 2

Nova, my youngest cat, loves his morning playtime in the bathroom sink. If I shut him out because he's not waiting by the door when I go in... He will immediately show up outside the door and meep his little heart out because he's missing his sink time.

• Like 1

One time in salt lake. My two cats boo and jack were outside. I would take them outside surpervised. Anyays one time when they wer. outside a strange cat got in the apartment. They chased it under the kitchen sink. I had to get the cat with boo and jack hissing at it. Luckily it didn't attack me.

Jack didn't like to be petted but when I got on the computer he was there demanding to be petted.

• Like 1

I have a bully cat situation on my hands... It's been going on for some time...

There is this rather large shabby looking cat, that bullies my two cats, and their little friend... My two cats wind up coming in with patches of fur and the odd cut and scrape form fighting this big lump of a cat...

I have caught this bully in our back yard, marking our bushes ( where our cats would sleep at times ) and he lets out this loud MEOW but it lingers, and he does this for a while... I wonder if he is calling our cats to come out and face him? lol

He almost tore Wallies eye out, his eye was half closed for several days and I could see a cut above it.. And he has injured Misty several times, at one point she was limping on her back leg. We have caught him, and chased him from the yard, and our two cats run inside, with their tails still bushed out..At that point, Wallie would dash up stairs and you would find him under Beckys bed...I feel sorry for him and his sister..I really want rid of this brute of a cat...This same cat is as big as a Jack Russell, if not slightly bigger.....

I would love to find a way to get rid of this bully of a cat... I don't want to hurt him, but I need something to send him away from hurting my two cats... Becky sometimes would fill up her super soaker gun and squirts the bully with it, he runs off, but not long until he is back making himself heard...

Edited by Beckys_Mom

I have a bully cat situation on my hands... It's been going on for some time...

There is this rather large shabby looking cat, that bullies my two cats, and their little friend... My two cats wind up coming in with patches of fur and the odd cut and scrape form fighting this big lump of a cat...

I have caught this bully in our back yard, marking our bushes ( where our cats would sleep at times ) and he lets out this loud MEOW but it lingers, and he does this for a while... I wonder if he is calling our cats to come out and face him? lol

He almost tore Wallies eye out, his eye was half closed for several days and I could see a cut above it.. And he has injured Misty several times, at one point she was limping on her back leg. We have caught him, and chased him from the yard, and our two cats run inside, with their tails still bushed out..At that point, Wallie would dash up stairs and you would find him under Beckys bed...I feel sorry for him and his sister..I really want rid of this brute of a cat...This same cat is as big as a Jack Russell, if not slightly bigger.....

I would love to find a way to get rid of this bully of a cat... I don't want to hurt him, but I need something to send him away from hurting my two cats... Becky sometimes would fill up her super soaker gun and squirts the bully with it, he runs off, but not long until he is back making himself heard...

I'm thinking mix a small amount of vinegar in with the water in that super soaker - I doubt he'll want to repeat the experience of smelling like vinegar or washing it off his fur with his tongue (only a little tho, maybe a couple of spoonfuls to a litre). Then spray over where he has sprayed with the same vinegar in the yard - the memory might help make him think twice too.

Edited by libstaK
  • Like 1

I'm thinking mix a small amount of vinegar in with the water in that super soaker - I doubt he'll want to repeat the experience of smelling like vinegar or washing it off his fur with his tongue (only a little tho, maybe a couple of spoonfuls to a litre). Then spray over where he has sprayed with the same vinegar in the yard - the memory might help make him think twice too.

Hmm sounds like something that just might work..I'll give it a go and see if it works...If it works and he is gone, then I'll let you know, if not..sigh...he will be nicknamed Freddy Kruegar, the nightmare that wont leave lol

• Like 1

Your dealing with the alpha male in your area. For some reason he hasn't accepted your cats as part of his group. And no it isn't because their house cats but it might have soething to do with it.

• Like 1

Your dealing with the alpha male in your area. For some reason he hasn't accepted your cats as part of his group. And no it isn't because their house cats but it might have something to do with it.

Thing is,there are no other cats in the area apart from my two, their friend, a little black tom cat called Budwiser, and the bully...That's about it.. This bully looks really old, and shabby...He lives in the big house across the road from me....He just likes to dominate, like he is the only cat around...

These past few days have worried me some... The little black cat that is forever coming to our garden and playing with Wallie, he hasn't been seen....I fear something has happened to him...I just hope that bully of a cat didn't scare him off for good..

A few weeks ago, Gary and I were just sitting out in the garden and Wallie was laying sprawled across the table outside...We heard this constant growling from a cat, and a bit of meowing like there was a fight.. Walllie jumped down, tail bushed and ran into the bushes to were the growling was...It got worse, you could hear a big fight going on...Gary ran down because he had a feeling our two cats were in trouble... He chased the big bully cat and shooed it away, and it ran off....In a matter of moments, both Wallie and his sister came out and went straight over to Gary, rubbing their heads around him purring...It was as if to say - Thank you...They both followed Gary back up the garden and ran into the house....

When that big nasty cat is not around, our cats and their friend have fun, it's comical watching them play...We have a large trampoline at the bottom of the garden, and Wallie and his friend Budwiser climb on it, not to bounce ( obviously lol ) but they chases each other around it, and sometimes they both sleep on it..!!!

• Like 1

When my cat dude became the alpha male, he ran off his little gray cat. Dude is/was huge, the alpha male when dude was wo wouldn't mess with him.

One day that alpha male wasdoing his rounds, he had a puppy with him. This puppywouldrun a head of the cat and back. Like a puppy walking off leash with a human.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a sad kitty tail.

One of momma kitties, little girls had a liter outside someplace. One of them died. She brought it into me. But, I was sleeping when I woke up. She had put the kitten near my head. I thought it was a rat, so I threw it on tge floor. When I relized what was goijng on. She had moved it. She buried under my bed. That was the last time I saw her. I think she wanted me to bring the kitten back.

This is a cat story, but not about one of my cats.

I was stting outside my gfs apartment waiting for her. I noticed a couple of cats walking by. Thinking that they wouldn't cme over when I called to them. But, they came over and sat with me. The tomcat sure loved to be petted. But, everytime I tried to pet his lady, he would growl. But, he kept on purring too. I guess he thought I was a rival for her.

Cats hearing is amazing.. I keep our cats food in a cupboard under the sink... I can go into the kitchen, cats nowhere to be seen, and I quietly open the cupboard door, pull out the pouches of food, and quietly close the door again... Within seconds, I turn, and BOTH cats are sitting at my feet with their eyes half shut, waiting for me to open their food pouches and dish it out...

Same thing, if we open the cupboard which contains the cat food their ears prick and come running. But if we open the cupboard in the hallway, the one where the vacuum monster lives. They immediately stand up and wait to hear if we grab something harmless out of the cupboard or the dreaded vacuum.

Edited by DKO
  • Like 4

Same thing, if we open the cupboard which contains the cat food their ears prick and come running. But if we open the cupboard in the hallway, the one where the vacuum monster lives. They immediately stand up and wait to hear if we grab something harmless out of the cupboard or the dreaded vacuum.

Our two cats run a mile from the vacuum cleaner and my hair dryer....

Well, today was a bit interesting... My 14 month old baby boy ( Aaron ) likes to watch me in the kitchen... One of the things he watches closely is - Me taking things to and fro the fridge... Another is when I reach for the cats feeding dish and feed the two cats... Today he was in the kitchen again with me, I opened the cupboard door to get the cat food out, I turned, and he reached up for the cat bowl...He walked over to their usual feeding spot, and set the cats bowl down for them to come and eat..

I was amazed how he knew what to do and where to place the bowls... Just at that, I went on to do something else, within a moment, I turned around, and there was Misty looking up at me as if to say - " Please stop him, he is trying to eat my food"......There was Aaron squatting down, leaning over, copying the cats and trying to eat with them ..I had to pull him away and clean him up, then Misty went back to finish her food... Normally Aaron wouldn't attempt to go near their food, he usually just likes to watch them.... Babies like to mimic others around them, and by the looks of it, mimic the pets too lol

In a way I saw it as karma ..The cats are forever coming over if they see us eat, and they sit pawing you to give them some.. Today they got a taste of their own medicine lol :P

From here on though, I cannot let him near their food....

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 3

There is a video that animal planet showed, it was a cat sitting on one of those robot vacs. He was making sure no one, including the dog got in the way of the vac.

I saw dude attack the cat next door once. The cat was in a window looking at the world. Dude had to climb on top of a chain linked fence to do the attack. It was a good ten foot leap. Then he had to scramble out of the yard because the dogs were coming to see what the screaching was about.

Edited by danielost
  • Like 1

Today around 4pm or so, Misty ( my tabby ) was in scrounging for food... Her brother wasn't around, so I thought ok I'll feed you and then you are back outside again..

After an hour had passed, Misty had wormed her way back in with her brother.... I knew Wallie needed fed, but there was no way I was going to feed his greedy sister again, she'd only ate her food an hour ago... So, I dish out Wallies food and Misty tries to sneak her head over his bowl..Wallie hisses at her, and with his paw, smacks her on the nose lol

I saw this, and put Misty outside and for some odd reason I said - "And this time STAY out " lol

Within a matter of moments, I turned and there she was laying on the floor in our dinning room, as if to say HA can't put me out look at me now !! ...I had put her out the back door, she ran around the side of the house and hoped in through the living room window...The sneaky bugger !

So, I put her out the front door and closed the living room window... Within 2 mins I went in to see if Wallie had finished his food, and low and behold, there was Misty over at his bowl, trying to lick it clean.. She had hoped in through the kitchen window...

She is like a boomerang, keep throwing her out and she bounces back in.. :P

Those two cats of mine are greedy, they usually do want fed within an hour after they had eaten... If they had their way, they would get fed at least 6 times a day...Or more...

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

I put both cats out last night, they love to get out at night to wonder around..

Usually they both come home in the morning looking fed... Sometimes they come home a bit later in around 11.30 - 12 noon but never any later than that...

This morning I never saw either of the two cats come looking their grub... A little later into the afternoon, Wallie comes up but no sign of his sister Misty...

Most of the day has already past, it is now into the evening, and no sign of Misty.. She has never ran off before, she usually stays within the grounds with her brother...

Gary has looked up and down the main road we live on to see if maybe she was hit by a car? But no joy, he can't seem to see her...We have called her several times and not a sign... She never turns away from being fed.. In fact, if anything, she would be around the house more often than her brother, she expects us to feed her more than Wallie too lol...

I am a bit worried though, I would like to see her perched on my kitchen window ledge, with her paw scratching the glass looking in.

Should I be worried?..

Edited by Beckys_Mom