Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

China customs confiscate 213 bear paws

Still Waters

Customs officials at Manzhouli, the Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, discovered a haul of 213 wild bear paws that had been hidden in a vehicle by two Russian nationals, the biggest seizure of smuggled paws ever made by Chinese customs.

The initial investigation found the paws may come from the brown bear, which is a nationally protected animal in China.

http://www.globaltim...ml#.UcDCp9h-odU

With all of today's technology and vast knowledge easily accessible through the internet, why are there still people in developed nations that rely on "hocus pocus" medicine like bear's paws and tiger bones and what have you? I'm guessing the majority of the user's are from a generation that isn't as accepting of this new age. I expect a large portion of that illegal animal medicine market will disappear in the near future as the older generation passes on.

• Like 1

With all of today's technology and vast knowledge easily accessible through the internet, why are there still people in developed nations that rely on "hocus pocus" medicine like bear's paws and tiger bones and what have you? I'm guessing the majority of the user's are from a generation that isn't as accepting of this new age. I expect a large portion of that illegal animal medicine market will disappear in the near future as the older generation passes on.

We can only hope but I wouldn't count on it.

Dang, that's a lot of bear paws, which means a lot of dead bears(50+?)

Dang, that's a lot of bear paws, which means a lot of dead bears(50+?)

I checked just to be sure and yes it's definitely 50+

S4303.jpg