Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Simon Parkes Says Aliens Exist

Dark_Grey

Me.

knew it....
  • Like 1

It is not more irrational that postulating religious beliefs, so I don´t see the beef. As long as he does not actually act on his fantasies, is OK.

• Like 1

John E. Mack concluded that his 30 patients whom he called ''experiencer'' had no mental illness nor were they in a psychosis state whatsoever and showed all the characteristics of people who have come through real events. That's significant coming from a renown Psychiatrist. The media made such a fuss about it and even went as far as claiming that John E.Mack confirmed that his patients have indeed been abducted by Aliens. Of course he never did that and that wasn't a conclusion of his researches.

I agree that associating these experiences with Extra-terrestrial is speculation. There is no evience to prove that. Only, it is not without sense to associate flying objects with outer space beings that does not come from Earth. Also, from what we know of our condition, science is leaning towards the thinking of an Universe where life can be found elsewhere and many Scientists are optimistic about that possiblity.

We just don't know.

He did seem to soften up though after Bud Hopkins got his claws into him. That is pretty much when he went from "Crackpots" to "Sufferers" and to be honest, it seems plausible that Bud Hopkins told him how much he could make if he played along with the UFO people.

Indeed missions like Kepler offer great hope, yet I remain confident in my prediction that first contact, if it happens in my lifetime (or afterwards I suppose), will be via communication. Heck, my name is up there on Kepler ;) . All you lot have to do is fly up there, sort through about 3,000 names, and people can see my true identity! :D

I just have not ever seen one abduction recollection that I can truly believe. Each one seem to have a dodgy element in it. And some are downright embarrassing. I think Penn and Teller got it right. A great many "abductees" are people who just need us to stop and say hello once in a while. They are people just like you and I, but with some problems to sort out. And if more of us gave some of these people the time of day before they need to run to aliens, we might see the level of abductions dwindle away entirely.

I think I will smile at a stranger on the way home. People should smile more.

Strangely enough, this guy has a song called UFO as well. Co-incidences happen too :D

Edited by psyche101

knew it....

bruce%2520yoda.jpg

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

John E. Mack concluded that his 30 patients whom he called ''experiencer'' had no mental illness nor were they in a psychosis state whatsoever and showed all the characteristics of people who have come through real events. That's significant coming from a renown Psychiatrist. The media made such a fuss about it and even went as far as claiming that John E.Mack confirmed that his patients have indeed been abducted by Aliens. Of course he never did that and that wasn't a conclusion of his researches.

I agree that associating these experiences with Extra-terrestrial is speculation. There is no evience to prove that. Only, it is not without sense to associate flying objects with outer space beings that does not come from Earth. Also, from what we know of our condition, science is leaning towards the thinking of an Universe where life can be found elsewhere and many Scientists are optimistic about that possiblity.

We just don't know.

here is an interesting transcript from an interview with John Mack.

http://johnemackinstitute.org/1999/11/whitley-strieber-interviews-john-e-mack-m-d/

I just have not ever seen one abduction recollection that I can truly believe. Each one seem to have a dodgy element in it. And some are downright embarrassing. I think Penn and Teller got it right. A great many "abductees" are people who just need us to stop and say hello once in a while. They are people just like you and I, but with some problems to sort out. And if more of us gave some of these people the time of day before they need to run to aliens, we might see the level of abductions dwindle away entirely.

As far I know, many accounts that I've read on Aliens abductees have no social or family problems personal to sort out. They are people who go to work everyday and pay their taxes. They've no mental illness and are perfectly normal. What is fascinating is that many of these are ashamed of their stories and will told them very reluctantly. They come forward because they want to understand. Some will try to convinced themselves that this wasn't the reality which is not so easy when you it to be real inside you but just want to forget it. Some will never tell their stories by fear of ridicule. It is a profound traumatism which one tries to bury inside but yet not cause by psychosis or mental illnesses . Whether it is 'paranormal' or not, I believe these are phenomenon unknown to us. Simply denying it because we do not understand it is not very scientific.

Edited by sam_comm
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

sadly one of the least credible politicians that could of come out with this story, he might as well be running around saying it was man bear pig...

• Like 1