Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New - wanted to say "hi!" :)

Elizabeth941

Hello! :D

My name's Elizabeth, I'm 33; I'm a stay at home Mom/Wife of a 4 year old, awesome daughter - Zoe (she has a terminal, genetic disease called Pompe Disease - for if there's anyone out there who's heard of that), and my hubby, Shane.

I'm from Austin, TX and have lived on the outskirts of Austin, now, for around 4 years... LOVE Austin!!! :clap:

If anyone has any paranormal experiences, particularly w/ shadowpeople or how to be more receptive to that type of thing, that they'd like to share w/ me, that's kind of how I found this site - PLEASE feel free to send me a friend request (or, for Pompe Disease, as well).

I previously posted, earlier today, this: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=249740 .

Nice to meet you all! :tu:

-Elizabeth

• Like 4

Welcome! :yes: I have not heard of Pompe's disease, but will study up. My thoughts are with your daughter. I have a special needs daughter too.

QC

• Like 1

Welcome! :yes: I have not heard of Pompe's disease, but will study up. My thoughts are with your daughter. I have a special needs daughter too.

QC

Thanks very much :)

Yep - it's pretty rare... most sites say the odds are 1 in 40K... but, after a LOT of reading about the disease, I've found out the odds of a baby being BORN w/ Pompe Disease is actually more like 1 in 148K. Crazy, huh?

I hope your daughter is doing well... how old is she? Mine just turned 4 in the beginning of April. :)

Sorry I mis-interpreted your previous post, btw!

Nice to meet you, :)

Elizabeth

Thanks very much :)

Yep - it's pretty rare... most sites say the odds are 1 in 40K... but, after a LOT of reading about the disease, I've found out the odds of a baby being BORN w/ Pompe Disease is actually more like 1 in 148K. Crazy, huh?

I hope your daughter is doing well... how old is she? Mine just turned 4 in the beginning of April. :)

Sorry I mis-interpreted your previous post, btw!

Nice to meet you, :)

Elizabeth

No worries. I can be Queen Sarcasm too, but not my intention in my post. Though I feel more for the displaced wildlife than the cowboys.

My daughter is a young woman now. Sweet, pretty, funny, my best friend (outside my hubby). She will probably always live with us or one of her brothers, and while my heart aches for what she may miss out on, I sure enjoy her company!

Nice to meet you too! :yes:

QC

• Like 1

Good Day Eliza ... and fond welcomes ... (sorry ... My Fair LAdy nut here )

Great to hear that your daughter is doing exceptionally well ... more power and blessings to her ...

167097_10150378864080475_5179298_n.jpg

the world is really beautifully created if reflected upon beautifully ...

now ... onward ... to the boards we go ....

~

• Like 1

Thanks, 3rdEye and QC. :)

QC - so glad to hear your daughter's doing well, too! :) Yep - LOVE spending time w/ my Zoe... :)

• Like 1

Also very glad to hear your daughter is doing well...

As a "neighbor" (an Okie) I just want to say welcome to UM! Don't be shy about posting...

water_zps97bc914a.png

• Like 2

Welcome aboard Elizabeth :D It's always nice to see a new face around here. :tu:

• Like 1