Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

obama dictater?

danielost

A dictator (Latin from dictare, to order, to command) is the one who calls the shots. We have somebody who has Congress dancing on his nose.

That is hardly a dictator.

I never said I was for the patriot act, I think it's pretty extreme. But it just boggles my mind at how American's must always have something to fight. If you aren't careful, you will end up with someone worse than Romney was.

We did.

"Some people" was a majority. There is no way to know how many did so holding their nose. A "none of the above" options is something the political system will never allow.

Not exactly. I don't have to place a vote when I go to vote. Well, I'm not sure about the presidency but when it came to all the other state choices I most definitely in at least one instance chose 'no vote'. My choice was only a democrat for that particular position and I sure as hell didn't giver her my recommendation. I chose several libertarians over any others and only went republican when they were vs. a democrat only except the presidency because I wanted Obama gone sooooooooooo bad.

• Like 1

"Some people" was a majority. There is no way to know how many did so holding their nose. A "none of the above" options is something the political system will never allow.

In the states some people write in micky mouse, or donald duck. I wonder what they would do if one of these writeins won.

A dictator (Latin from dictare, to order, to command) is the one who calls the shots. We have somebody who has Congress dancing on his nose.

That is hardly a dictator.

Obama ignores congress if he feels it won't pass the house. For instance he has asked the irs to come up with new fines for companies an d states that don't comply with obama care. Congress is the only body who can in act a tax. I guess obama forgot that.

Obama ignores congress if he feels it won't pass the house. For instance he has asked the irs to come up with new fines for companies an d states that don't comply with obama care. Congress is the only body who can in act a tax. I guess obama forgot that.

All within the laws Congress has passed previously, so your problem with that is...?

It makes me sick that some peopled voted for him and got him for a second term .

Yes he is a dictator .and we are paying the price

if you stop buying into this vole\election illusion, you'll start feeling a lot better. ppl don't elect anyone, electorial votes do, and they have nothing to do with regular joes that vote, and just can't believe it is a show they live in.

do you really believe that powerfull elite of this world will leave it up to you to deside who will rule? lol.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

The real people who run this country are not on the ballot. That is a given. What are they called; the one percenters? And likely most of them are not even Americans. Yep; thinking one man, one vote, is an illusion. The president is not a dictator; he just does whatever he can get away with, like everyone else in Washington.

Edited by moonshadow60
  • Like 3

Daniel, your are Lost. Bush was a Nazi compared to Obama's measured containment of previous Bush illegalities and crimes. Obama is not a great president, but he is better than the previous two. Some would say he's better than Clinton (or JFK or Eisenhower) because his peccadilloes aren't sexual. Clinton bombed Serbia; Bush destroyed two countries; what has Obama done, pray tell? Rest it.

Grow up, Dan. And--by the way----learn how to spell!!! And please don't vote. . . .

Edited by szentgyorgy

I don't think Obama is a dictator or a tyrant. I sometimes wonder, if he has ANY power at all. I don't know...I think Obama is just like any other politician out there, to be honest. And even *if* he wanted to curb the NSA, if he spoke out in opposition to it, they'd just JFK him.... :yes:

I honestly, don't know if Obama meant what he said when he was campaigning, and he is unable to bring change, cause his hands are tied, or if he was just lieing and is on some power trip....it's hard for me to know for sure on that.....

• Like 5

At least he knows how to write complete sentences! I think what you were trying to say is "Maybe you should learn how to spell". Obama hasn't offered you a free grammer book?

"grammer"?

• Like 1

"grammer"?

Maybe everyone should agree to keep their grammar and spelling remarks to themselves because grammar and spelling issues occur every time someone points it out to another. Some here are repeat offenders but that's the nature of Internet chat boards.

Edit: just corrected one myself!

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 5

Daniel, your are Lost. Bush was a Nazi compared to Obama's measured containment of previous Bush illegalities and crimes. Obama is not a great president, but he is better than the previous two. Some would say he's better than Clinton (or JFK or Eisenhower) because his peccadilloes aren't sexual. Clinton bombed Serbia; Bush destroyed two countries; what has Obama done, pray tell? Rest it.

Grow up, Dan. And--by the way----learn how to spell!!! And please don't vote. . . .

That's the best you can come up with for Clinton?

Bush "destroyed" two countries, meh that remains to be seen and remember St. Obama continues the same policies ( can anyone say Gitmo).

What has Obama done??? really do you even pay attention to the news? comments like that are why he got elected twice. your question should have been what hasn't he done?

Granted Obama may only destroy one country but it happens to be the one I live in and am kind of attached to.

• Like 5

I don't think Obama is a dictator or a tyrant. I sometimes wonder, if he has ANY power at all. I don't know...I think Obama is just like any other politician out there, to be honest. And even *if* he wanted to curb the NSA, if he spoke out in opposition to it, they'd just JFK him.... :yes:

I honestly, don't know if Obama meant what he said when he was campaigning, and he is unable to bring change, cause his hands are tied, or if he was just lieing and is on some power trip....it's hard for me to know for sure on that.....

Great post...Long before Obama, there was talk about who really pulls the strings in the government..For some presidents, many people call them nothing more than puppets.. Its makes you think.

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 3

That's the best you can come up with for Clinton?

Bush "destroyed" two countries, meh that remains to be seen and remember St. Obama continues the same policies ( can anyone say Gitmo).

What has Obama done??? really do you even pay attention to the news? comments like that are why he got elected twice. your question should have been what hasn't he done?

Granted Obama may only destroy one country but it happens to be the one I live in and am kind of attached to.

Obama was elected the first time directly because of the disaster that was Bush's second term. He was elected a second time because of the republican parties utter failure to put a better candidate than Obama on the ticket. Obama's second term election is more a result of the failure of Romney, then a result of anything Obama has done.

• Like 3

He is destroying the country. he is going around congress again, for environmental reasons. Like I aid he does not respect the constitution. Which means you vdon't either.

You know the only people who shouldn't vote are people who tell others not to vote. Further I have had trouble with spelling since third grade. What's you excuse for being so rude.

• Like 1

Obama's main problem is congress is working just like it is supposed to. Our main problem, is he is ignoring or trying destroy the constitution.

Remember, every dictator has said they were doing what they were doing for good of the country or the people.

Edited by danielost
  • Like 1

Remember, every dictator has said they were doing what they were doing for good of the country or the people.

You just described politicians ...Nothing new there daniel..

• Like 1

Dang Big Bang Theory. Every time I see "dictator" I think of the following:

Howard (to Sheldon): "You're a dictator."

Raj (to Howard): "I thought we were going to be nice."

Howard (to Raj): "I am. Why do you think I added the 'tator'?"

• Like 3

Obama's main problem is congress is working just like it is supposed to. Our main problem, is he is ignoring or trying destroy the constitution.

BS, Congress has NOT been working for the last five years, neither in favor nor against. Unless forced by a wild herd of rattlesnakes on the hill, that is.

• Like 1

The real people who run this country are not on the ballot. That is a given. What are they called; the one percenters? And likely most of them are not even Americans. Yep; thinking one man, one vote, is an illusion. The president is not a dictator; he just does whatever he can get away with, like everyone else in Washington.

No, this not totally correct. The people who run the country are elected. The people who run the government are hired. The appointies try to keep the hirelings in line during their four to eight years. The hirilings only have to wait for a new president that agrees with them. Guess what obama not only agrees with them he is pushing as hard as he can to pass new regulations. Regulations are laws that don'. go through congress and aren't signed by the president.

• Like 1

BS, Congress has NOT been working for the last five years, neither in favor nor against. Unless forced by a wild herd of rattlesnakes on the hill, that is.

Ah, but what makes you think that isn't how it is supposed to work? :whistle: Maybe the Framers where even smarter than we give them credit for. Maybe they knew that if you put 100's of people in a room and told them that to pass something most would have to agree with it little would ever get done, thus keeping the government out of the day-to-day life of it's citizens. Genius I tell you, sheer genius. :innocent:

• Like 3

Ah, but what makes you think that isn't how it is supposed to work? :whistle: Maybe the Framers where even smarter than we give them credit for. Maybe they knew that if you put 100's of people in a room and told them that to pass something most would have to agree with it little would ever get done, thus keeping the government out of the day-to-day life of it's citizens. Genius I tell you, sheer genius. :innocent:

Or in plain English, the Framers intended a retirement home for incapable politicians.... very social of them, very social....

• Like 1

Or in plain English, the Framers intended a retirement home for incapable politicians.... very social of them, very social....

They called it "the Senate".

Incidentally - Caesar was elected too. In fact he was elected Dictator, which was basically "we need a commander in chief to make all the decisions for a set period", thus someone who dictates the laws, and Caesar decided that he liked the job so much he'd keep it. Electing a dictator was a Roman Republican custom, and had been done tonnes of times prior to Julius.

• Like 2

You know the only people who shouldn't vote are people who tell others not to vote. Further I have had trouble with spelling since third grade. What's you excuse for being so rude.

I've had rudeness issues since I was in the 3rd grade. . .That was a rhetorical "don't vote;" perhaps you might think it rude, also. You are rude to call a president saddled with the most do-nothing Congress probably in history a 'dictator.' Your analysis is flimsy, and along with several others in your thread you blame Obama for problems he inherited. (I did not say all his problems were inherited.) I stated he may not be a good president, but he did not do the damage to other nations and to US civil liberties done by Bush. He inherited an economy in tatters and has moved it forward. He inherited two foreign wars, completed the exit from one, and plans the exit from Afghanistan next year. He is no perfect prez, but---my, oh, my!!!--How the deniers are at work propping up the Fool W.! Bush even called himself "The Decider." There was your dictator-wanna-be.

Sorry you consider me rude--I find it rude that you can read and write but don't, apparently, deign to utilize a dictionary, paper or online. They are useful.