Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Still Waters

Food labels system to be rolled out

4 posts in this topic

A new consistent system of front-of-pack food labelling is to be introduced in the UK, the government says.

A combination of colour coding and nutritional information will be used to show how much fat, salt and sugar and how many calories are in each product.

But as yet only just over 60% of foods will be covered by the system because it will remain voluntary.

The announcement comes after a decade of debate about the issue and has been welcomed by consumer groups.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...health-22959239

Make it compulsory. Most of the money grubbing companies won't comply. They being money grubbers are usually the worst offenders in product content.

Everything is labeled here, can't remember the last time I brought a product without knowing what's in it. I would feel that I was neglecting my responsibilities as a mother not too.

How could you not have this knowledge already,unless they don't want you to know your eating **** .

Everything is labeled here, can't remember the last time I brought a product without knowing what's in it. I would feel that I was neglecting my responsibilities as a mother not too.

How could you not have this knowledge already,unless they don't want you to know your eating **** .

As I understand it.

It involves a different form of packaging labelling that involves colour coding and the necessary requirement of nutritional content.