Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Carr-Gromm on Druidry

Grandpa Greenman

If you can look a this it really worth the time. He talks about the history and what it all really about. I'll see if I can find a transcript. He really nails it. I could type all day and not do as well as he does.

#!
  • Like 2

Hi DW, thanks for posting this short film, I enjoyed it. Have a good summer solstice celebration, I had hoped to go to Avebury circle myself but work and family commitments mean I cant. Take care

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hope your solstice celebration went well DW. I first came across Carr-Gromm while checking out a rather intriguing vicar, Peter Owen Jones, who has made a few documentaries in the UK and I came across this clip

a druid and a vicar together! there maybe hope for the world yet. You have another topic on Buddhism, I recommend Peter owen jones’s documentary about him living in a Shaolin Temple in China it is heart warming especially when he starts to experience after all his struggles. Anyway as I said, hope the celebration went well hope and it wasn’t too hot, you should come to the UK one year and tour the area around Stone Henge especially the Avebury complex about 20 mls away, its a magical place. I guarantee it won’t to be hot. Take care
  • Like 1

Sorry DW its a bit early in the morning I should have said what the film was. Its on utube and is called 'the extreme pilgrim, china' there are 3 vids in the series, they are all interesting. I would have put up the link but it would be snipped as it is a bbc documentary. take care

I'm interested in learning about Druids.

I know I read somewhere their magical and super natural abilities of the masters..

is pretty amazing :)

Thanks for posting will finish watching in the morning..

He gave a great speech!!

so Druid philosophy is to see life with meaning?

Yes like he said if you see life as meaningless with no hope

you fall into depression and destructive things.

That is a very good point.

So is Druidry like Wizardry?

I am studying up on many ideas and magical things.

I formed my own Philosophy and it's to learn to counter evil

in many ways in the real world and teach others how to do so.

For instance I learned the bad toxic food and soda I drank for years is deadly to the body.

I started drinking certain herbs and potions and veggies and healed myself.

positive thinking energy healing etc.

I mean they now proved with science our thoughts affect and change our DNA...

stay Zen and peaceful and yes grow everyday.

I liked his talk. I am an independent Wizard I guess.

But this Druid stuff sounds great.

What is the official group of Wizards that used to wear the big pointy hats in old times?

I wish to be one of those.

Wizardry I thought is a practice like witchcraft. There are a lot of different kinds Druidry and organizations. The old Celtic Druids, who really knows what they did. Modern Druidry is just that Modern. How it compares to what you are doing I don't know. Here is link to the old hippie Druids I have become mix up with. http://rdna.info/ There are a lot of different links to different forms of Druidry.

• Like 1

Wizardry I thought is a practice like witchcraft. There are a lot of different kinds Druidry and organizations. The old Celtic Druids, who really knows what they did. Modern Druidry is just that Modern. How it compares to what you are doing I don't know. Here is link to the old hippie Druids I have become mix up with. http://rdna.info/ There are a lot of different links to different forms of Druidry.

That's awesome! I guess Wizardy is just wisdom weather about herbs, or occult or power etc and using them.

At least what I've been learning from this one wizard who writes a lot of stuff on the net.

The hippe druids sounds pretty good! :) Thanks for the info.

I would say your Wizardry would fall under the Druidry umbrella. You follow can just about any religion or philosophy and still be a Druid.

• Like 1

Very cool. I am very into nature, herbs, plants etc.

and drinking relaxing herbs.. and or booze :)

the relaxing hippe style.. lol

I say as you once said I'm more of bard, I do my incantations

in the form of song, poem, or art etc.

• Like 1

Hi DW, I have come across a podcast on ‘The Druids’. It is mainly from an archaeological /history point of view but very interesting. It has 3 experts of the history, Barry Cunliffe, Emeritus Professor of Archaeology at the University of Oxford; Miranda Aldhouse-Green, Professor of Archaeology at Cardiff University and Justin Champion, Professor of the History of Early Modern Ideas at Royal Holloway, University of London. For instance Emperor Julius Caesar had a Druid on his staff and there seems to be a druid link to Queen Boadicea/Boudicca. I thought you might like it. Here’s the link [media=]http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/radio4/iot/iot_20120920-1130a.mp3[/media] . If you can’t get it because you live outside of the UK I could probably get it to you if you PM me. Take care

ps.seems the link has kicked in as I posted, hope you like it

Edited by sutemi
  • Like 1

Anyone who has practice the craft for a while, will tell you using a song, poem or creative act will put more energy into spell or incantations. The more energy the more likely it is to work.

• Like 1

Thanks, will look at it my friend. Looks very interesting.

peace

mark

Anyone who has practice the craft for a while, will tell you using a song, poem or creative act will put more energy into spell or incantations. The more energy the more likely it is to work.

Yes I find song and poem to work best for me!

and it's also fun :)

• Like 1