Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
seeder

£1m for solving world's biggest problem

15 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

David Cameron announces £1m prize for solving world's biggest problem.....

But the UK government doesn't know what the problem is yet. (sounds about right to me then)

Speaking at the G8 Innovation Conference in London today, Cameron highlighted the importance of continuing to invest in innovation during tough economic times.

“What the world needs most of all right now is growth, and that growth in my view is going to come from small businesses and start-up businesses, more than from the big existing traditional businesses, so the whole agenda of innovation and entrepreneurship is absolutely vital,” he said.

http://news.techworl...iggest-problem/

personally, if it solves the worlds biggest problem.... a million pounds is a terrible offer

Edited by seeder

Posted (edited)

“What the world needs most of all right now is growth, and that growth in my view is going to come from small businesses and start-up businesses, more than from the big existing traditional businesses, so the whole agenda of innovation and entrepreneurship is absolutely vital,” he said.

Hi Seeder....little political message in this video . The kid talking is adorable....I wish we all were that kind towards one another. i don't know if things are going to get better soon , for the global world as you may think they are, i hope so though....

[media=]

[/media] Edited by Reann
2 people like this

David Cameron announces £1m prize for solving world's biggest problem.....

“What the world needs most of all right now is growth, .

That's the biggest problem right there. Politicians, developers, investors all believe that there are NO limits to growth. If the population and GDP is not growing, they believe that's a big problem.

"The earth is finite. Its ability to absorb wastes and destructive effluent is finite. Its ability to provide food and energy is finite. Its ability to provide for growing numbers of people is finite. And we are fast approaching many of the earth's limits."

http://www.ucsusa.or...scientists.html

The solution? Stop promoting population growth with financial incentives and subsidies. I await payment of £1m.

5 people like this

Hi Rean!!

Well, I think 'one' of the worlds biggest problems is the US govt, setting civil wars up and overthrowing over govts, acting like the worlds police! But thats a problem no average Joe can solve

1 person likes this

Hi Rean!!

Well, I think 'one' of the worlds biggest problems is the US govt, setting civil wars up and overthrowing over govts, acting like the worlds police! But thats a problem no average Joe can solve

But there will always be nations seeking to expand there influence. Historically, it's called the Balance of Power, or sometimes The Great Game. You may as well wish that the sky was green.

1 person likes this

Hi Rean!!

Seeder Hi !!!

I don't even feel comfortable sharing my thoughts online anymore about the government. They scare me.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Seeder Hi !!!

I don't even feel comfortable sharing my thoughts online anymore about the government. They scare me.

Yes well as long as we dont let it sink down to the CT'ists levels we shall be OK, this one is about solving problems, not worrying ourselves wondering what freedoms the govts are taking or blowing up their own people!

Anyway on a lighter note, the bumble bee's worry me. Without them, many fruits and veg cannot grow,

see this list of stuff bee's ensure will grow and produce food

http://en.wikipedia....linated_by_bees

and a graphic

What your supermarket will look like if bees die out: Empty shelves, scant produce options

article-2342069-1A54462F000005DC-523_634x349.jpg

full story here

http://www.dailymail...ce-options.html

so world peace will be a great thing, but feeding that peaceful world may prove impossible unless somethings done about the bees

Edited by seeder
1 person likes this

I love when i see bee's in my garden....in my fruit tree's , flowers too..Love to see bee's in general , anywhere, it's a good sign....I worry about them...

2 people like this

If we told them what the worlds biggest problem is,they wouldn't take any notice,but they would be putting their own ideas forward to get that £1 million

2 people like this

Politicians are the worlds biggest problem. There ya go, problem resolved!

He can send the £1m prize to UM's postal address, I'll share it with my "friends". :santa:

2 people like this

they should just start ww3 .. kill of 90% of the world population . without using chemical weaponry or nukes ! those who survives unites ,rebuilt, all the problems solved :D and when the earth is overpopulated again .. ww4 . will happen . same story . . again and again ! till we have the technology to go into outer space and colonize other species and take everything from them clean up their planets resource , and move forward to the next :D

The world's biggest problem is Hate.

We hate others and treat them with contempt. We hate ourselves and treat ourselves poorly with our choices. The rich hate the poor because they cost them money, the poor hate the rich because they have and keep all the money while others starve and freeze, the religious hate those that don't believe what they believe, the non religious hate those who don't share the same fashion sense or social graces as them, it goes on an on.

The worst is that what we hate we also very often fear and if you think that through it leads to death and war.

I have a workmate that loves to go on about how she just "can't abide this person" or just "can't take to that person" . The most recent target of this lady in her 50's who should surely have learned some patience and grace by now, was a young lass new to us in her early 20's - she doesn't even know the girl but there she is passing round her hatred and influencing others opinions about her, I see this or some version of it every day and it makes me sad and more than a little nonplussed. Why do we do this to others? How can there be peace when we summarily dismiss and hate on each other in even such random and pointless ways?

1 person likes this

The world's biggest problem is Hate.

We hate others and treat them with contempt. We hate ourselves and treat ourselves poorly with our choices. The rich hate the poor because they cost them money, the poor hate the rich because they have and keep all the money while others starve and freeze, the religious hate those that don't believe what they believe, the non religious hate those who don't share the same fashion sense or social graces as them, it goes on an on.

The worst is that what we hate we also very often fear and if you think that through it leads to death and war.

I have a workmate that loves to go on about how she just "can't abide this person" or just "can't take to that person" . The most recent target of this lady in her 50's who should surely have learned some patience and grace by now, was a young lass new to us in her early 20's - she doesn't even know the girl but there she is passing round her hatred and influencing others opinions about her, I see this or some version of it every day and it makes me sad and more than a little nonplussed. Why do we do this to others? How can there be peace when we summarily dismiss and hate on each other in even such random and pointless ways?

Low self esteem, if you knock someone else it somehow makes me feel superior...

I know far to many people who take this approach, I have even seen it in 6 year old family members. :(

Low self esteem, if you knock someone else it somehow makes me feel superior...

I know far to many people who take this approach, I have even seen it in 6 year old family members. :(

If they're 6 years old at least they have the excuse of not knowing any better - it is an honest and transparent fear they are showing.

If they're 6 years old at least they have the excuse of not knowing any better - it is an honest and transparent fear they are showing.

Hopefully not to late to change too.

1 person likes this