Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

James Randi on paranormal claims

Saru

Yeah, until some form of new, accepted science steps-in, I guess the burden of "evidence" will always rest on the claimant.

• Like 1

I guess neither you or the unamazing randi are up to speed on this subject. Psychic ablitity has been proven at Princeton and by Dean Radin,PHD at the Institute of Noetic Sciences. You can attack their claims but you can't attack their methodology.

I guess neither you or the unamazing randi are up to speed on this subject. Psychic ablitity has been proven at Princeton and by Dean Radin,PHD at the Institute of Noetic Sciences. You can attack their claims but you can't attack their methodology.

No it hasn't.

• Like 5

LOL, yeah, I'm sure. Link please.

If this was true it would have been headline news across the world. Sorry but this is just disingenuous.

Psychic "hits" have no better track record than the random occurrence of correctness. Something that cannot be reproduced consistently with the same effect can't be proven. In other words, even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then.

• Like 2

http://www.deanradin...eb/SNindex.html

http://noetic.org/re.../seeing-future/

http://noetic.org/no...previous-lives/

http://noetic.org/research/psi-research/ <--- That one is a massive index.

Consider yourself linked, there is more but you can search for yourselves.

Edited by xFelix

Er, yes you can, because their methodology lead to completely biased results. They read statistical fluctuations as proof of psychic powers.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Several related (spam)links deleted

Consider yourself linked, there is more but you can search for yourselves.

No, those were several links all from the exact same source (Radin runs the 'Noetic Sciences' thing) and none of that goes even close to proving paranormality or psychic abilities.

Show us some peer-reviewed stuff at a credible, non-self-referential source, and we'll talk about what it *actually* shows..

Why so much hate on Randi's? Did he reveal some cheap tricks that people bought in the past?

Why so much hate on Randi's? Did he reveal some cheap tricks that people bought in the past?

That is EXACTLY why many hate Randi; he shattered the delusions that so many have held onto so dearly for decades.

People feel threatened when they are informed that their favorite "magician" was nothing more than a common illusionist and/or con man who employed sleight of hand tactics to make their performances look "real".

Pretty much, he revealed how many people hoax powers through mentalism or sleight of hand. Or in one case, a fellow who claimed to have magnetic powers and simply hadn't bathed. Talcum powder fixed his sticky powers. He also has a foundation (JREF) that actively fights pseudoscience and fantastic claims, and has a standing challenge that will award 1 million dollars to anyone who proves amazing abilities.

Also:

DSCF3478_zpsd74200b5.jpg

Edited by ShadowSot