Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

PS4 VS XBOX one

sod_2011

I've never owned a Play Station in my life. The closest I've come was being a teenager and spending Friday evening's at a friend's house playing Red Alert on the PS1 (before it was called PS1). I've owned the Xbox and the 360, and I've been a fan ever since I played that first game of Halo way back when. And with the promise of Destiny coming out for the Xbox One, I think I'll be sticking with Microsoft.

I'm going to wait a while and see what happens before picking up a PS4 or an XboxOne. I bought a WiiU when it was first released, big mistake! There are only a couple of decent games for it, with most of the good games coming a year and a half AFTER the system released. The mandatory Kinect thing on the XboxOne is kind of lame because it makes the system more expensive. Also, I am on the fence about motion gaming, we didn't really see any stellar implementations of it in the current gen, so I'll wait and see. Although, the new Killer Instinct on XboxOne has definitely got my interests. I will probably try to get both systems eventually.

Edited by WoIverine

Im not into consoles but it's really a no contest. As far as I can tell the only thing Xbox has is Halo which is probably enough to make sales though. Im just sorry Killer Instinct 3 is a Xbox exclusive, that sucks. That series is legendary.

I've never owned a Play Station in my life. The closest I've come was being a teenager and spending Friday evening's at a friend's house playing Red Alert on the PS1 (before it was called PS1). I've owned the Xbox and the 360, and I've been a fan ever since I played that first game of Halo way back when. And with the promise of Destiny coming out for the Xbox One, I think I'll be sticking with Microsoft.

Destiny comes out on the playstation too btw.

Playstation 4 has my vote...Despite Microsoft's earnest attempt to undo all the damage their press conference at E3 did, I think it's safe to assume the damage is permanent. Microsoft has shown a great deal of disrespect to its customers and, in turn all developers (who are also gamers).

Playstation network being down for ages was fine was it? lol

Microsoft has never once let Xbox Live go down. You get what you pay for.

I'm getting the Xbox One purely for Kinect and as a media hub in my living room. The Xbox one is superior as a media hub and my PC is superior to both as a gaming machine, so for me the PS4 is pointless. It's always personal preference. There actually isn't a better console, well certainly not just now. You won't know the true capabilities of each until a year or so after release. Something I love about the way MS works with the xbox is that they can completely revamp the thing during it's life with updates, which Sony has never done. Xbox tries to be different and new. PS just does the same old thing.

It's funny how people moaned about the "restrictions" before. Because it was exactly the same system (better actually) than steam. Steam saved PC gaming and MS tried to use the same system for their console but adding new features. Like being able to share all your games with 10 people you choose, so 10 people from your friends list can play all your games along as you are not playing that specific game. Cloud also means being able to download your profle and ally our game son any other xbox. You could also gift nay of your games to others allow trading or giving. You could also trade games using codes.

All this made it easier to share and give games while also saving the environment form millions of plastic boxes and disks being made.....

Of course people don't realise these things and just see "restrictions". lol Funniest part was... People asked for it... They did it and then people complained... Hilarious. (also the complaints were started by PS fan websites... then everyone who doesn't know what they are talking about started sharing it all over the internet, like on facebook)

Are people really stupid enough to think either company cares about anyone?! lol They both work TOGETHER. Hahaha. They both make parts for both consoles. Remember the big blu ray vs downloading thing from Xbox vs PS3? Well MS was making parts for the blu ray player. lol These companies only care about money, they couldn't care less about the gamers.

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 1

while i agree Microsoft where trying to advance console gaming by implementing a steam life feature, its simply not what the majority of gamers (and there consumers) wanted. Also on the note that xbox live has never once gone down, it has . Ok not on the scale of the PSN hack, but the infamous connection failure of 2007 and 2008 and recently on june 20th it was reported down by a number of trusted websites.

What Microsoft did at this E3 will come again but maybe in 3 to 5 years the world of console gaming is not ready for it. As the public outcry at the features showed.

Edited by Vaise
  • Like 1

Ok, my bad about Destiny. I had assumed that the similarity to Halo (it is Bungie's project, after all) would extend to Xbox restricted gaming also. Ah well, you have to admit, it looks awesome whatever the case :yes:

• Like 1

Destiny is shaping up to be summit pretty cool, only time will tell. Its in capable hands