Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama Staged Bengahzi

Sweetpumper

So even if it wasn't a plot or conspiracy, it was still a conspiracy or Plot?

So even if it wasn't a plot or conspiracy, it was still a conspiracy or Plot?

No conspiracy, just Obama politics.

As Reagan found out, there is no glory in arranging a hostage exchange. In fact, he got lambasted for it. So now the latest conspiracy attempt is that Obama just so much desired to get into a similar mess like Reagan?

Groan...

Groan away my friend. Humans are NOTORIOUS for repeating the mistakes of history by ignoring the lessons of history. Obama may have a silver tongue, but he is only human, and has already demonstrated all sorts of unprincipled and unenlightened behavior.

• Like 1

I am no friend of Obama. But the "Obama staged Bengazi" theory does not pass the smell test.

Consider: Even a success of this conspiracy would have meant that this best friends, the wonderful "freedom fighters", which he had been supplying with weapons and air support, would have been outed as jihadist thugs. Talk about counterproductive!

Like in case of the 9/11 troother conspiracy, this one already fails the most basic test: Where is the friggin benefit?

I understand that you are the local conspiracy lover here, but please. Do try Occams Razor sometimes.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda, as my Dad used to say. Four good men are now gone and we will never know the real truth.

• Like 2

Everyone knows that Benghazi was a CIA gun-running op that went bad. There is no ties to the Obama administration other than CIA director reports to the executive. This claim is simply misinformation, distractions and simply ridiculous.

A friend of mine was talking about this the other day, and sent a video about it. Sounds plausible.

Apparently the 2 guys on guard outside the embassy were not in on the plan for the hostage taking, and started shooting when the action began. It quickly went out of control, and you know the rest of the story.

The video even shows a recent clip of Morsi telling the crowds that they were going to have the blink sheik released....

Well, I only got a "C" (for 'con') in my Conspiracy 1 course at St. Aphrodisius-upon-the-Bugtussle Accredited Academy Community Prep School and Junior College , advanced placement program, but it seems to me that a plot such as this would not have allowed for the "2 guys on guard" to be 'out of the loop' about the plan, since they obviously screwed the pooch by doing their job and fighting back, etc. etc. etc. I know very little about the threshold of evidence ('smoking gun') necessary to gear up a Congressional investigation, Special Prosecutor, or some other avenue of inquiry. I remain in wonder that a number of similar terrorist attacks have occurred over the years (anybody remember 287 dead Marines in Lebanon under Reagan, resulting in a tactical retreat from that bloody hell?) with nary a whiff of scandal, much less conspiracy. . .

• Like 1

Going strictly from memory with all its limitations, but I thought there was a big of a scandal over the Lebanon incident under Reagan?

As for Benghazi, I've never quite been able to figure out what the scandal was exactly, but having watched this Lyons piece, it seems plausible as a possible explanation for what happened.

Edited by Babe Ruth
  • Like 1

Stopping the attack would have meant flying in commandoes to fight against Al Quaeda --- the very same "democracy movement" that Obama had so enthusiastically supported in Libya (and is now supporting in Syria).

Instead, he concocted the story about a "spontaneous demonstration" that got "out of control", which was brought about a Mohammed video on Youtube, for which he then could produce a convenient scapegoat. The narrative being that the poor demonstrators just could not help their enthusiasm, and real culprits are us -- for having the outrageous concept of free speech.

And that narrative had to be kept alive, even if the ambassador had to die for it. And having a sympathetic press on his side, of course helped him. Without the various whistleblowers and a few non-sycophantic news channels like Fox, he would have gotten away with it, too.

Does anyone know: 1) How many nautical miles off of Libya was the nearest USN carrier or assault ship at the time of the attack? 2) How many Seals and/or Marines were on board? 3) From which bases/platforms were the drones launched? 4) From initial emergency requests for help/SOS calls from the consulate to cessation of the attack, what was the elapsed time of the entire assault?

Going strictly from memory with all its limitations, but I thought there was a big of a scandal over the Lebanon incident under Reagan?

As for Benghazi, I've never quite been able to figure out what the scandal was exactly, but having watched this Lyons piece, it seems plausible as a possible explanation for what happened.

Reagan was "The Teflon President" at the time of the Lebanon debacle; there was embarrassment, but no scandal. "It was a truck bomb; act of terrorists (note: not "terrorism); couldn't be prevented." We weren't, as a people, as deeply entrenched in our national empathy for the military then as we are now.

Can you imagine the hue and cry today if Obama deployed over 300 Marines in a volatile, dangerous place, watched them go up in flames, smoke and ash, then pulled the entire contingent out of action? There would be screams to "Morsi-ize" him, I'd bet.

• Like 1

Remember the Walls have eyes,and cameras,and ears,and smelly thingy`s every wherr ! :gun:

Wish my dad was around to ask about this one,what his take would be.He might or might not have agreed with the admiral. He spent years working intelligence for the US Airforce, and worked also at NSA, and was very good at reading political situations and knew the history of the region. It maybe as the admiral says,something that was staged and then went horribly wrong.Whatever the truth, it had nothing to do with a non existant film.That was all lies.

Wish my dad was around to ask about this one,what his take would be.He might or might not have agreed with the admiral. He spent years working intelligence for the US Airforce, and worked also at NSA, and was very good at reading political situations and knew the history of the region. It maybe as the admiral says,something that was staged and then went horribly wrong.Whatever the truth, it had nothing to do with a non existant film.That was all lies.

Where are the people, like your dad, who are willing to tell the truth? Lies and prevarications thrive without eyewitness testimony.

Where are the people, like your dad, who are willing to tell the truth? Lies and prevarications thrive without eyewitness testimony.

Dead or in prison?

Dead or in prison?

That's sad but, I guess, very possible.

• Like 1