Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

obeythestash1

i was at my grandparents grave site literally in the middle of nowhere a few years ago and was using an electronic audio recorder. I heard nothing of course during the recording, but when played back I heard something that none of the 3 of us that were there could have said. you be the judge and let me know what you think the whisper is saying.

thanks

the file is unedited as well

evp 10-15-08.wav

First, how do you know a sound on a re4cording is not coming from the 3 of you?...You can all be heard during the entire thing.

Second, I hear you 3, I hear what sounds like the recorder being moved ( in a pocket? ) and / or something occasinaly hitting or rubbing on the mic.

I hear no whispers, just a bad recording is all I hear. Or, a recording of nothing.

• Like 1

Im gonna have to agree with Sakari

• Like 1

Sorry, I do not download attached files but if you can upload it on SoundCloud I should want to take a look at it.

https://soundcloud.com/

And by the way with there are free sound and audio software that you can try to clean your EVP, without altering it. So that you might be able to hear better, if there is indeed a disembodied voice.

Audacity is recommended by many for it's ease of use and as a reliable freeware:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Edited by sam_comm
  • Like 1

Sorry, I do not download attached files but if you can upload it on SoundCloud I should want to take a look at it.

https://soundcloud.com/

And by the way with there are free sound and audio software that you can try to clean your EVP, without altering it. So that you might be able to hear better, if there is indeed a disembodied voice.

Audacity is recommended by many for it's ease of use and as a reliable freeware:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

" cleaning " it is altering it.

• Like 1

I am not an English fluid speaker, so I hope you'll pardon me if I do not always use the language properly as should be.

I meant that obeythestash1 can ''clean'' his EVP with the sound freeware Audacity to eliminate the noise pollution in the background so that he might get something clearer. Though he has to be careful not to end up messing with it and get something that as nothing to do with the original EVP. Keep a save of the original file if you do that.

Edited by sam_comm

let me know what you think the whisper is saying.

To me it sounds something like the word 'excellent' at 11 seconds.

I am not an English fluid speaker, so I hope you'll pardon me if I do not always use the language properly as should be.

I meant that obeythestash1 can ''clean'' his EVP with the sound freeware Audacity to eliminate the noise pollution in the background so that he might get something clearer. Though he has to be careful not to end up messing with it and get something that as nothing to do with the original EVP. Keep a save of the original file if you do that.

I got it, was not you.

I just feel once people start changing the raw sound of recordings, especially in this topic, they will clean them to the point they do hear something. It is altering the true recording. How would anyone know what to " clean " out of it, and what to keep?

This works with investigators of crimes and such, cleaning out background traffic, or whatever, to hear a known human conversation. To try to start cleaning out whatever works to get something remotley sounding like a whisper, that is altering.

• Like 1

Hello,

1. Know your voice recorder,

A voice recorder can pick up distant noises or even through walls, airvents etc, not always clearly. I once stuck my voice recorder in an old traveling chest and cover it with pillows and wrapped out side with comforters. I then shut the closet door, for an hour i was singing a nursey song. When I played it back, i heard faint parts of the song. People forget that the world moves on and empty houses do amplify the noises from distances.

2. Remembering the source of the sound,

This is what I have against ghost relality shows, Ghost Hunters have so many people wondering around (The cast, the camera crew, the sound guy, director, lunch (yes they have a lunch guy/girl) walking around a very quiet building) that it is impossible to know who is where and who said what or did what when they are listening to the recordings. When you listen to the recording you may of think you heard a noise as a ghost/spirit/unicorn made of cheese that could be just a fellow human or even animal.

3A. Tampering, Evps are very easy to contaminate by accident. Unlike TV shows where they can in a few seconds, slow down a noise and make it clear and sharp it is not possible in reality. I don't want to get techiqcal but slowing down or speeding it up can change the way it sounds.

3B. Tampering, Evps are very easy to contaminate on purpose, either using software or even using their or other peoples voice and make a story up.

4. Power of suggestion, I notice how people will play the sound but give their opinion of the sound they have heard, so people will have that word or sound in mind when listening.

5. Nature, Wind and animal noises do get recorded.

• Like 1

2. Remembering the source of the sound,

This is what I have against ghost relality shows, Ghost Hunters have so many people wondering around (The cast, the camera crew, the sound guy, director, lunch (yes they have a lunch guy/girl) walking around a very quiet building) that it is impossible to know who is where and who said what or did what when they are listening to the recordings. When you listen to the recording you may of think you heard a noise as a ghost/spirit/unicorn made of cheese that could be just a fellow human or even animal

These are useful advices, the less contamination there is the better the result for an EVP you might catch. Even then it is possible to get bleed through from CB radios which is nothing paranormal. I would say though that even in Ghost Hunting shows with many people around, when you got a direct answer to your question, it becomes very intriguing. Or when get an informations from an EVP relevant to an investigation (persons name or about the location itself.) But yea, people should use their judgements and be critical about what they catch on their audio recorders.

Edited by sam_comm

I can hear a poor quality recording of voices, breathing and night-time noises. Nothing out of the ordinary. What are we supposed to be hearing?

• Like 1