Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Types of Ghosts

greywolfe

:yes: Love the topic, tyvm. I went through about 20 books on "paranormal-ghosts section, usually, aand found some difference in all 20, some were exactly alike, using the same Heading" but then the characteristics of the "ghosts" cited under that particular "heading", might be worlds apart. Others were almost copies of each other in description(s) of "ghosts'. Checking the date of printing and copyright date were nice to see which book for instance came out first. There seemed to be some "usual ghostly types" cited in just about every book but after the "common types" thinhs got a little confusing. Interesting notion to classify "something " that more than just a few "intelligent folks' don't believ in. :tu::yes:

BTW, as for "ghosts", I have encountered several at almost every Civil War battlefield site that I have ever gone to as a 'reenactor". Either seen, talked with, or once ate lunch in the presence of one, at Gettysburg, in "Devil'sDen". "He ot "it did all the talking, then went around a boulder there and simplly "vanished'.

Edited by born2run

BTW, as for "ghosts", I have encountered several at almost every Civil War battlefield site that I have ever gone to as a 'reenactor". Either seen, talked with, or once ate lunch in the presence of one, at Gettysburg, in "Devil'sDen". "He ot "it did all the talking, then went around a boulder there and simplly "vanished'.

And not one picture to show us...... :innocent:

• Like 1

You know what, I am going to do a list of ghosts that I can think up.

1. The Car Keys Ghost.

The ghost moves the car keys around to make it difficult to find, the at times move your keys BACK to the place you last left it. Car Key ghost lives on the life force of people getting frustrated. Do not mix this ghost with the ghost of cellphone. They are brothers.

2. The Ghost of a creaky floor boards.

This ghost is made of moister and pressure. He normally spends his day putting pressure and moisture so that at night to make those floor boards creaky.

3. Ghost of a chance.

I don't know what this ghost is or what he does, but he sounds SO awesome.

4. Ghost Of pushing dust towards digital cameras.

These ghosts normally follow people with cameras and when those people take a photo he will throw dust at them.

5. Ghost of ghost radar.

He just makes sure the app doesn't crash

6. the silent ghost of evps

This ghost doesn't say any thing but always gets blamed for iterupting living peoples conversations.

7. Ghost Of Ghost photos

This ghost will help the living in picking a fake ghost for their photos. She will normally just stand behind and go yeah that one, the one in the pink tux.

8. The ghost of Youtube.

This ghost doesn't exsist.

• Like 4

1. From day one I,ve always accepted the statements of observers especially when being told first hand and face to face of an encounter. If someone says to me "I saw an apparition walk through a wall " - to me this is a real deal. The strongest proof I will put forward is the sheer volume of sightings since the dawn of time.

2. To still be asking the question "Do ghost exist" is wasting time. For us to converse on the subject will never be productive for either side.

1. When you're talking people face-to-face, especially someone who looks like an innocent, truthful looking man, it is more than likely you are going to believe it, especially if you're only looking for positive reinforcements to support your own experiences.

I'll tell you, there are two things you should never, ever rule out. Lies, and misunderstandings. No matter how truthful the person you're talking to you looks. Making up a ghost story is pretty harmless, and it's victimless, If someone says, "I saw an apparition walking through a wall", there's still the possibility of him lying. Again, if you think I'm saying all people who claim to see ghosts are liars, I'M NOT, and there's also misunderstandings and misinterpretations and other factors to consider.

2. It's not a waste of time AT ALL. Assuming ghost sightings happen so briefly, (Some people only experience it only once or twice in their whole lives, for a brief few seconds), It is still profitable to argue if ghosts exist or not, or if there's any other phenomenon causing this. If there is any phenomenon or factor causing these ghost sightings, it'd still be fascinating. Nobody's an expert on ghosts, or the paranormal. Are you an expert on ghosts?

• Like 1

Thanks to OP for this post, although I tend to not believe in ghosts, I enjoyed the categorisation you came up with.

I agree with Space_Jockey that many so called ghost-encounters are merely lies and tall-tales. The rest are caused by natural phenomena which are interpreted to have a paranormal source by the witness, or are figments of the witnesses psyche/mental state. Of course, this adds nothing to the endless and fruitless debate of whether ghosts exist. The thing is, though, that not one single concrete shred of evidence has ever emerged to prove their existence.

If they do exist, then why, in this age when everyone has a phone capable of taking good quality photos and video, has there never been one single image of a ghost which isn't a fake?

• Like 1