Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What have you found?

kannin

so im starting this thread to ask if any of you have ever see/found anything really old and cool, share your stories im really interested to see what the average people have found going about their normal lives, example ill start

1700's spanyard coin- found in my yard after drive way repairs- rough shape but can roughly make out the dat starts with 17 and some one told me it looks spanyard

fossils dont know exactly what they are but there shells fosilized in stone also found around rocks in my dirt path behind my old barn

and a gold ring circa 1820's with a diamond stone, found while metal detecting on my old property

there your turn now!

• Like 1

as far as seen, lance aux medows in new found land were the vikings landed and made dirt mound shelters, ive also found arrow heads in my woods

ive seen a legit roman gladius, my neighbor 2km down found an actual sword on his land a sabre but i could be mistaken

I have a fragment of a 9th century Viking sword that I got from an uncle who was involved in a local archeological dig of a Viking settlement not far from where I live. It's a rather boring looking rusty piece of flat iron, but the Viking experts who worked on the site overseeing the dig have determined that it is indeed from the blade of a 9th century Viking sword.

Edited by JesseCuster

I have a fragment of a 9th century Viking sword that I got from an uncle who was involved in a local archeological dig of a Viking settlement not far from where I live. It's a rather boring looking rusty piece of flat iron, but the Viking experts who worked on the site overseeing the dig have determined that it is indeed from the blade of a 9th century Viking sword.

intense thats awsome! may look dull but it has alot of history to it

the jawbone of a Marsupial Lion.

We were on a "dig" with the Queensland Museum (basically "lets take a bunch of civilians out to the Darling Downs, let them scrabble around in the mud for a bit and take them home") and we ambled along the creek bank, mum said "dig here" and we stuck the pocket knife in and hit petrified bone. Up until the recent renovations at the museum the jawbone was actually on display there.

• Like 2

the jawbone of a Marsupial Lion.

We were on a "dig" with the Queensland Museum (basically "lets take a bunch of civilians out to the Darling Downs, let them scrabble around in the mud for a bit and take them home") and we ambled along the creek bank, mum said "dig here" and we stuck the pocket knife in and hit petrified bone. Up until the recent renovations at the museum the jawbone was actually on display there.

oh wow thats truley amazing, you didnt want to keep it?

Im always going to garage sales, because you never know what will turn up. I remember 1 in particular, because there was so much for sale, fine china, art works etc and as I walked along I noticed a stick and a rock for $5.00. And kept walking. The person behind me picked them up and asked the old man in charge of the sale about them. The old man told a story told him as a child, that his grandfather long ago was stationed in an army barracks and was encouraged to befriend and trade with the natives. It was a stone axe head and nulla nulla. Of course The person bought them, though he let me look at the nulla nulla. It was weird in that it had an indent where your thumb went and when you held it, it felt so smooth, comfortable and balanced it was like an extension of your arm. It was the first time I had seen and handled a genuine Aboriginal artefact.

Edited by jules99

Im always going to garage sales, because you never know what will turn up. I remember 1 in particular, because there was so much for sale, fine china, art works etc and as I walked along I noticed a stick and a rock for $5.00. And kept walking. The person behind me picked them up and asked the old man in charge of the sale about them. The old man told a story told him as a child, that his grandfather long ago was stationed in an army barracks and was encouraged to befriend and trade with the natives. It was a stone axe head and nulla nulla. Of course The person bought them, though he let me look at the nulla nulla. It was weird in that it had an indent where your thumb went and when you held it, it felt so smooth, comfortable and balanced it was like an extension of your arm. It was the first time I had seen and handled a genuine Aboriginal artefact.

amazing and yes your right! i remember seeing a special on a woman who baught a painting for like 5 bucks or something ridiculus like that and it ended up being an early leonardo divinci or something worth millions, got to keep an eye open for things like that at garage sales you could find some great treasures! but great post jules

Found an old Churt Arrowhead 18 inches down that belonged to the Timucuan Indians.

• Like 1

Said Arrowhead made of Churt.

amazing! thats a gorgeos artifact and a gorgeos kitty! XD thats pretty similar to the heads i found, ill be metal dedecting this summer if you guys want me to post my findings send me a pm or reply to this post

i do remember one of my friends baught a sword from the crusades at a garage sale turned out to be worth a ton

I inherited a six sided tray/plaque thingy and a box that my Ma's Ma & Dad bought in Cairo, ( i think ) Not sure if it's Egyptian or Syrian .. from that neck of the woods though. The inlays are extremely intricate ... Thousands of tiny bits of ivory, pearl, and woods ... must have taken a very long time.

The inlays are similar to this> post-86645-0-56261200-1372120398_thumb.j

Oh, and i've found lots of fossils in the limestone here in Michigan. .. found a fairly old Peso in the S. California desert once ! Someday i'll find something really cool i just know it. lol

Edited by lightly
  • Like 1

I inherited a six sided tray/plaque thingy and a box that my Ma's Ma & Dad bought in Cairo, ( i think ) Not sure if it's Egyptian or Syrian .. from that neck of the woods though. The inlays are extremely intricate ... Thousands of tiny bits of ivory, pearl, and woods ... must have taken a very long time.

The inlays are similar to this> post-86645-0-56261200-1372120398_thumb.j

Oh, and i've found lots of fossils in the limestone here in Michigan. .. found a fairly old Peso in the S. California desert once ! Someday i'll find something really cool i just know it. lol

thats one of the prettiest things ive ever seen! your so lucky to have it in your possesion! and when you do find that one special thing be sure to post it! lol yea and i was pretty stoke when i found my coin as well but i think the ring was my fav find so far gave it to my wife when i proposed to her lol im cheap i know but its worth quet a bit and it saved me quet a bit and has history so she loved it

While vacationing in California over five years ago, a pair of ancient artifacts washed over my feet. My investigation suggests that these items connect the Native Americans through Egypt and eventually to Sumer. I have posted an article describing the situation at the link below:

https://www.mediafire.com/view/pdmqf1hoddc1628/Ancient_Egyptians_in_America.doc

In addition to this, in Flagstaff, many years ago, I stumbled upon a chipped arrowhead in the forest. A few years back, while living in Scottsdale, AZ, I noticed an ancient ax head lying at my feet. Last, while working in Irvine, CA last year, upon going to my car which was parked on the backside of a reserve, I found a large Clovis like spear head laying in the gravel by my passenger-side front tire. All pretty cool but they don't really compare to that which the ocean delivered.

oh wow thats truley amazing, you didnt want to keep it?

Nah, it was better of in the museum, being properly conserved and viewed by millions. Now it's gathering dust in a draw but it's still being looked after.

We were given a lovely professional cast and mold of it though, I use it as a story starter for my students.

Nah, it was better of in the museum, being properly conserved and viewed by millions. Now it's gathering dust in a draw but it's still being looked after.

We were given a lovely professional cast and mold of it though, I use it as a story starter for my students.

Awsome

While vacationing in California over five years ago, a pair of ancient artifacts washed over my feet. My investigation suggests that these items connect the Native Americans through Egypt and eventually to Sumer. I have posted an article describing the situation at the link below:

https://www.mediafir..._in_America.doc

In addition to this, in Flagstaff, many years ago, I stumbled upon a chipped arrowhead in the forest. A few years back, while living in Scottsdale, AZ, I noticed an ancient ax head lying at my feet. Last, while working in Irvine, CA last year, upon going to my car which was parked on the backside of a reserve, I found a large Clovis like spear head laying in the gravel by my passenger-side front tire. All pretty cool but they don't really compare to that which the ocean delivered.

Your "Egyptian artifact" is little more than a weathered cobble of igneous origin. Your "eyes", etc. are the product of gas bubbles in the initially molten material. The rest of your "interpretation" can be attributed to natural erosional processes, a healthy case of pareidolia, and a lack of historical/archaeological understanding.

Your "Egyptian artifact" is little more than a weathered cobble of igneous origin. Your "eyes", etc. are the product of gas bubbles in the initially molten material. The rest of your "interpretation" can be attributed to natural erosional processes, a healthy case of pareidolia, and a lack of historical/archaeological understanding.

lol is an "owned" apropriate for this?

I found a constructed mountain in Alaska that is either a Bond villain lair or a sure sign of ancient alien visitation in the Pacific Northwest. There's a thread about it here:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=96987&hl=

--Jaylemurph

Wow that must have felt amazing! What kind of feelings or senses did u get from being there?