Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Book of Mormon confirms that God is real.

GentlyHewStone

If coffee was baned, there would be a 50 mile radius of people in Florida who would be in danger from a grumpy witch.

Agree....

dangerous to even entertain the thought near me.

Mormons believe the reserriction is what is important not the death. My opinion here the cross is a graven image.

Mormons believe the reserriction is what is important not the death. My opinion here the cross is a graven image.

That clearly shows that you don't wish to show any understanding, you are stuck in that mindset, and it wouldn't matter how clear the explanations given to you are, you will resort back to - Its a graven image .... That daniel is an insult to the church, because to the church, they see it as a symbol of Christ and a reminder of what Christ did for you all...This was common knowledge LONG before there ever was a protestant or a Mormon..!!...In saying that, many decent protestants over here are more understanding, its the education, they are taught it...

You gladly will show ignorance for a church, but hate it if anyone dares say BOO about your own faith, hypocritical of you...Nice one !!

I know anti Catholicism spread, but does it still need to act like a disease?

Edited by Beckys_Mom

If he were killed to day, they would use either a syring or a gas mask. That is all the cross is a form of death. In which no bones were broken. Except if you were still alive at sun down to the sabath, then they brake your legs. The centeriun stabbed him with a spear to show he was dead. So they didn't brake his legs. Thus it was a perfect sacrifice.

Mormons also do not use any written prayers, with the exception of the sacrament.

That clearly shows that you don't wish to show any understanding, you are stuck in that mindset, and it wouldn't matter how clear the explanations given to you are, you will resort back to - Its a graven image .... That daniel is an insult to the church, because to the church, they see it as a symbol of Christ and a reminder of what Christ did for you all...This was common knowledge LONG before there ever was a protestant or a Mormon..!!...In saying that, many decent protestants over here are more understanding, its the education, they are taught it...

You gladly will show ignorance for a church, but hate it if anyone dares say BOO about your own faith, hypocritical of you...Nice one !!

I know anti Catholicism spread, but does it still need to act like a disease?

If you go back over my posts, I am defending christadom in general. If I say anything about the mormon church it is because I am asked, or I put in mormon teachings, or posts like this one.

I haven't watched te vidoe on here because of my bad tablet. Viedeo on thisis roken and scattered. It takes me up to five minutes to just change pages.

What ever I have said about the catholic church is my opinion only. I have gotten this opinion from layed back research on my part.

I know pual in a letter to the roman church, he told them not to call any man, father. For you only one father and he is in heaven.

There are world religions and then there are cults. Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, etcetera, being considered world religions. A cult generally speaking is when you take a known religion and add to or subtract from what is generally considered orthodoxy to that particular faith. This may make people angry to hear, but many consider Roman Catholicism to be a cult in that they are a works based religion (i.e. your good deeds determine your eternal destiny), they tend to put Mary on a similar divine level with Jesus, they believe in doctrines like purgatory, celibacy of the priesthood, praying for the dead (forbidden by God) and that rather than communicating directly to God, one must go through priests, and perhaps most importantly, the inerrancy of the Pope. But to be fair these are not universally held by all Catholics and many deeply love Christ. But these are the teachings of their faith.

In the case of the Jehovah's Witnesses, they ignore or change the meaning of key passages in the New Testament. The one that comes to mind is in John 1, "In the beginning was the Word (Logos in the Greek), and the Word was with God and the Word was God". This is an interesting passage in and of itself as it refers to two persons of the Trinity, i.e. Someone being God and yet being with God. But the JWs add a participle "and the Word was with God and the Word was a God". This changes the meaning and accommodates their belief that the JWs may become gods. But "a" is not found in the original Greek.

The Mormons don't just change a few words or letters; they add an entire Testament to the Bible and in Scripture there is a warning about adding to, or subtracting from God's revealed word. Mormonism was on display in the last U.S. election and I found it particularly disturbing that Orthodox Christian denominations were willing to look the other way about these beliefs which go against their historical teaching to try and rally Christians to vote for Mitt Romney. He may have been a fine candidate, but the political expediency was neither appreciated nor did it accomplish its goals and I suspect may have been the reason many who would call themselves conservatives and/or Christians stayed at home and did not vote. Mormons may be very nice people and apparently make great neighbors, but, they also fit the classic definition of a cult.

What ever I have said about the catholic church is my opinion only. I have gotten this opinion from layed back research on my part.

I know pual in a letter to the roman church, he told them not to call any man, father. For you only one father and he is in heaven.

If more people would learn a few things about each others faith, they might get along much easier....Yes to the catholics, there is only one true god, one father, The most common and well known prayer that is said in every Catholics and some protestant churches over here is

- The Nicene Creed... and it goes like this ...

We believe in God, the Father, the Almighty,

maker of heaven and earth,

and all that is seen and unseen.

We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ,

the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father,

God from God, Light from Light,

true God from true God,

begotten, not made, one in Being with the Father.

Through him all things were made.

For us men and for our salvation

he came down from heaven:

by the power of the Holy Spirit

he was born of the Virgin Mary,

and became man.

For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate;

he suffered, died, and was buried.

On the third day he rose again

in fulfilment of the Scriptures;

he ascended into heaven

and is seated at the right hand of the Father.

He will come again in glory

to judge the living and the dead,

and His kingdom will have no end.

We believe in the Holy Spirit,

the Lord, the giver of life,

who proceeds from the Father and the Son.

With the Father and the Son

he is worshipped and glorified.

He has spoken through the Prophets.

We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic Church.

We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.

We look for the resurrection of the dead,

and the life of the world to come.

Amen.

Why call father?

Why Catholics use the term "Holy Father"

• He is called upon to practice exceptional sanctity in imitation of Jesus Whose office he serves. The pope is also the "Father" to all the catholic churches while alive.
  • Jesus chose the apostles to be the earthly leaders of the Church. He gave them his own authority to teach and to govern not as dictators, but as loving pastors and fathers. That is why Catholics call their spiritual leaders "father." In doing so we follow Paul's example: "I became your father in Jesus Christ through the gospel" (1 Cor. 4:15).Against the term "Holy Father"
  • Catholics and Orthodox Christians call priests "Father" based on St. Paul's theology of the spiritual fatherhood of priests: "I do not write this to make you ashamed, but to admonish you as my beloved children. For though you have countless guides in Christ, you do not have many fathers. For I became your father in Christ Jesus through the gospel" (1 Cor. 4:14-15).http://wiki.answers....the_Holy_Father

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

A cult by defanition is any religoen that claims to get power from a god. With that all christian churchs are cults. Don't tell me you have never heard the priest say that god had lead him to give this sermon.

The pope claims to be god on earth. The only othr group that claimed to be god or the son of a god were emperiors.

I take the bible as truth the way it is written, except psalms for those are songs. I missed the simpsons fo this.

A cult by defanition is any religoen that claims to get power from a god. With that all christian churchs are cults. Don't tell me you have never heard the priest say that god had lead him to give this sermon.

So the Mormons are nothing more than a cult? Joseph Smith a cult leader?

The pope claims to be god on earth.

BS......Dainiel when you said previously that you are laid back research on your part, you weren't kidding..... The pope does not claim to be god.. You clearly have a misunderstanding..Jesus told them to act as fathers aka leaders of the church.. That does not mean you are god... We ( those of us that actually understand it all ) never see that as a god, father = church leader..AKA the pope..it again does not mean a god. I showed you their main prayer ( Creed ) it clearly states only ONE father God.. It is common knowledge..Well I thought it was..

• Like 1

Sundew you are correct about that passage. But a little further on it says this is the word of god and many words have I. Which mormons figure that means there are more books. In fact joseph saw many books in the vault. But he was told to only take the gold plates and only translate a certain amount of the plates.

Becky catholic church is also just a cult and the pope a cult leader. Or have forgotten past popes saying god told us to punish this group of people or another.

Becky catholic church is also just a cult and the pope a cult leader.

No its not, it is only a cult to those of you that haven't got a clue about it and don't care to educate your own knowledge of it.. But this thread is not about what you think of other faiths daniel..Its about Mormons.. I notice you avoided my question on whether you feel Joseph Smith a cult leader? Mormon = cult? Well daniel, many do in fact say it is..Tell me, do you feel Mormons are nothing more than cult members? OR Do you class it as a religion?

It isn't the coffee or tea, it is the caffeen. I haven't heard of any science showing it is good for you. But mormons drink herbel teas and I think some drink de-caffenated coffee. Me I drink/eat chocolate. It is good for if you only eat 60% or higher dark chocolate.

Not that is all I eat.

That is not as I understand it; Mormons drink fructose sweetened soft drinks that contain a lot of caffein and are quite bad for you because of the liquified sugar. Caffein has in many studies been shown, when used in moderation, to have many benefits.

The cross is a reminder of what Jesus did for you.. So I was told many times growing up as a Catholic...We got the whole - "Be thankful for the lord, he died for us" speech, at school..In church a priest would chant - We lift up our hearts, and praise them to the lord ( It is right to give him thanks and praise ) ...There is more to that prayer, I can't remember it all now..

That an instrument of torture and death should be adopted as a symbol tells us what the early Christians were really about. It was a blood sacrifice religion.

Becky catholic church is also just a cult and the pope a cult leader. Or have forgotten past popes saying god told us to punish this group of people or another.

I don't think you should engage in calling other religions cults.

• Like 1

Reveal religions (Christianity etc), come from a single source such as a sacred text or guru. Non-revealed or experience base religions (Earth based, Aboriginal, some Eastern, etc) come from many different sources or from experience through meditation.

Thanks for clarifying that, Darkwind. To the extent I've practiced religion, which isn't much, it's always been Earth based. There is where I find the sacred, in & on Mother Earth, no dogma required.

• Like 1

Not more bizarre than Scientology, Islam, Jeddi-ism, and any other currently flourishing religion. Personally, I prefer the Magical Teapotism, but that was banned in "modern" Malaysia.

What, you don't like the space alien theory? Here's one you might like. I'm guessing at least the music is good. www.coltranechurch.org/

Edited by Beany

Not more bizarre than Scientology, Islam, Jeddi-ism, and any other currently flourishing religion. Personally, I prefer the Magical Teapotism, but that was banned in "modern" Malaysia.

And not more bizarre than Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, or any other major religion.

• Like 2

If you think about it things like electromagnetism and gravity and quantum mechanics and the Big Bang are all pretty bizarre. All I'm saying here is that a bizarreness test failure does not necessarily imply something is not true.

My imaginary friend is a lot better than your's So There.LOL.

Presbyterian @ Catholic School espousing the belief of an infinite Universe questioning the validity that WE ALONE are made in God's Image.When scientific knowledge conflicts with religious dogma something must give.In my case it was proposed not to ask questions that were at odds with the school's belief structure.Interesting that recently the Pope has decided that ET Life can exist in conjunction with religious beliefs.My beliefs at the time have been vindicated.I finished school in 1982 in case anyone is wondering.

Hubbard once said the way to make money is start a religion, then he went and did it. It is a con, but most religions are like that. Want to avoid the con, then read a lot and keep your BS meter full charged.

Edited by Darkwind

That an instrument of torture and death should be adopted as a symbol tells us what the early Christians were really about. It was a blood sacrifice religion.

Anyone who knows Christianity would not call it that..Christians who know more about their faith, will hold a greater understanding.. Christians are grateful of how their saviour died for them, this is why they offer themselves up to their lord, to give thanks and praise...It leads them to strive and live like Jesus, it also leads them to the path of their salvation

But you can call it what you wish, it's not the first ( nor will it be the last ) time anyone has posted up ignorance about faith...

If I do not know anything about your culture..Tell me, would it be fair for me to post up any piece of ignorance regardless? I say no, but you say??

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

Joseph smith was no more a cult leader than the pope, they both claim to get messages from god. Which is the same for any priest that claims god inspired him/her to prwpeach a sermon.

Mormons hold the president and twelve apostles to all be prophets of god. They may not be the only prophets on the planet. As for the last war, salt lake will be destroyed and vegas will not.

The bible says that the whore of the churchs will be sorranded by seven hills. These hills are countries backing that church. The mark of the beast(un) has already been in use. The un's bar code number for humans is 666.

That is not as I understand it; Mormons drink fructose sweetened soft drinks that contain a lot of caffein and are quite bad for you because of the liquified sugar. Caffein has in many studies been shown, when used in moderation, to have many benefits.

Yes, some mormons drink caffeenated drinks. That is the problem with caffeen it is habit forming. As I said the only thing I use with caffeen is chocolet, but it has so little in it, it doesn't count. Even that little amount can be habit forming, I give you the chocahlic.